Homebrew Themes from Freeshop problem

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I check my list of software in Freeshop it shows that Home Menu Themes has DLC which when I download I assume it pretty much downloads the entire theme list from the store am I correct?

Problem is, when I then go to change my theme it tells me that I have nearly 500 too many installed and that I must delete them. This would be fine if it wasn't a one by one process which would take absolutely hours.

Is there a way of just downloading the ones you want from Freeplay as opposed to the whole lot, or a quicker way to delete the ones you don't want from the list of absolutely hundreds?

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same problem, I just delete them one by one. I dunno know if there is a more convenient method tho.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1-Go to System Settings
2-Go to data management
3-Select the "Themes" (I don't remember where it's right now) and delete them that way
4-Now you can open the theme shop and download the themes you want

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to data management in the system settings and delete all of your themes. Then go into the theme shop and at the bottom choose "collection". After that most of the themes will be available to download.

I have only done this without a NNID linked to the system.

D

Deleted User

I think you can delete all your themes within Data Management (found in System Settings).
Then, you should be able to open the theme shop and go to your collection, then download only the themes you want.

Also, aren't you that guy who invented hrth?
:hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth:

Knucklesfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks your comment is so useful
But in all seriousness, you probably should either A: update title keys or B: reinstall freshop. Mine shows up, and I use the auto update qr code. Just try reinstalling freshop and then setting the qr code auto update. Should work like a charm

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
But in all seriousness, you probably should either A: update title keys or B: reinstall freshop. Mine shows up, and I use the auto update qr code. Just try reinstalling freshop and then setting the qr code auto update. Should work like a charm

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I just noticed I have it but there's no DLC available for download weird lol

D

Deleted User

I just noticed I have it but there's no DLC available for download weird lol
Try opening the Theme Shop, and maybe downloading a free theme. If you have no home menu theme currently set, set one.
Then go back to freeShop. If it still shows nothing, it's probably a problem with your encTitleKeys.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe its cause I have two Zelda themes I got legit? One is the 20th anniversary theme and the other is the Hyrule Warriors Legends theme I got from buying the game cart

D

Deleted User

Maybe its cause I have two Zelda themes I got legit? One is the 20th anniversary theme and the other is the Hyrule Warriors Legends theme I got from buying the game cart
No, that shouldn't be it. I had about 13 legit themes and it showed up fine for me.
Given the situation, I'm still guessing it's an encTitleKeys.bin problem.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm Ill try downloading a free theme on the shop and I'll get back to you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, that shouldn't be it. I had about 13 legit themes and it showed up fine for me.
Given the situation, I'm still guessing it's an encTitleKeys.bin problem.
Kay dude it worked I deleted the DLC folder in freeshop. Any ideas how many blocks will the entire theme take up? I only have like 8k+ blocks in my SD card.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think you can delete all your themes within Data Management (found in System Settings).
Then, you should be able to open the theme shop and go to your collection, then download only the themes you want.

Also, aren't you that guy who invented hrth?
:hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth: :hrth:
i tried this but it only shows my legit themes

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install the tickets using CIAngel and get the themes on themeshop the normal way then. keep your hands off freeshop for themes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao