Hacking The World Ends With You question

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to replay the game from scratch (no gained abilities) but I don't want to sacrifice my save file. However, the game has a problem where the opening animation in the first chapter freezes (something to do with certain SD cards being unable to handle it the load) on my R4 Ultra, and the closing and opening method doesn't work for me. I was thinking about using an emulator to move my .sav file past the point and save at the first opportunity, but I've heard theres one other movie in the game that has a chance of freezing like the first one. I want to know which one it is, and if its a pivotal one, I may just give up.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh this classic thing.

NOTHING will fix it, besides getting a higher quality memory card.

HOWEVER, and this may sound silly...

when the intro pays, close and open your DS rapidly. Like, really fast, to where the light flashes on for the screens and it doesn't have any sound play. do it for ~5 second before the freeze with Beat (guy in Skull cap) and KEEP DOING IT until about 2 minutes later. You'll miss the intro... but at least you'll be able to play the first chapter again.
happy.gif

That method won't work for you? BLASPHEMY you must have done it wrong.
unsure.gif

Try backing up your Micro SD. Then format it with "Panasonic SD Formatter". Then put your stuff back on, and try again.

If neither of the things worked, then there is nothing you can do besides buying a new memory card. TRUST ME, the opening and closing trick works for everybody you just need to do it REALLY fast. And you have to make sure you do it well past the point where it freezes. It took me 2-3 tries to get it right.

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already know it can't be fixed. If you had actually bothered to read my post instead of making assumptions, you would have known that I wanted to clarify if there was another cutscene in the game with the same problem so I could avoid it by moving the file onto an emulator on my computer and doing it from there.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
dude of the green said:
I already know it can't be fixed. If you had actually bothered to read my post instead of making assumptions, you would have known that I wanted to clarify if there was another cutscene in the game with the same problem so I could avoid it by moving the file onto an emulator and doing it from there.

Instead of getting offensive about it... try reading what I said one more time.

I'm trying to explain to you that it isn't necessary. you can save yourself some time by trying again, it's the ONLY fix for it on the DS and it DOES work; you just have to do it right. There is a possibility that your memory card hasn't been formatted properly (with Panasonic's formatter tool is the ONLY "proper way", by the way) and THAT MAY improve your read speed after it has been done. In case you didn't know, memory units need to be properly maintained to continue functioning properly. And no, it's the only cutscene that freezes.

If you're insistent on wasting your time and doing the emulator thing, try No$Gba or Desmume. A simple google search will (and would have) pointed you in the right direction.

ALSO:
http://gbatemp.net/t97418-the-world-ends-with-you-freeze
http://gbatemp.net/t207194-the-world-ends-...during-the-song
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128858
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82669

Maybe try using the search function next time.

Was just trying to help out, Bro. I was covering all the bases (taking MORE TIME than I had to) to try and help you out. If you're not willing to hear what people have to say then don't waste your time asking a question.
sad.gif

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
^I didn't know about that Open-close thingy. I'll keep that in mind.

Personally, I managed to get past it using DeSmuME. Play through until you can save your game, then export a save and use it on the flashcard. Make sure it's a no$GBA save (512KB).

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I only got offensive because I perceived an early part of your post as condescending. But I apologize, I shouldn't have gotten offensive.

Thank you for your time (and everyone else who posted, too).

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
dude of the green said:
Schlupi said:
I only got offensive because I perceived an early part of your post as condescending. But I apologize, I shouldn't have gotten offensive.

Thank you for your time (and everyone else who posted, too).

Apology accepted. Sorry to have seemed condescending, I assure you I wasn't trying to be. Hope you enjoy the game.
happy.gif

vash117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! pick me i know the answer to the question: here it is go get akiao 1.6 and put it on your r4 with your firmware and then load akiao from the r4 menu and once in akiao switch the save to .sav.nds (i think thats it hopefully) or a different save extension and then load twewy within akiao and then no 1st chapter freeze or in the alternative you can use the walk through walls cheat and instead of going left go up and skip the opening scene completely and play the game normal from there on.

and now im done

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
vash117 said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! pick me i know the answer to the question: here it is go get akiao 1.6 and put it on your r4 with your firmware and then load akiao from the r4 menu and once in akiao switch the save to .sav.nds (i think thats it hopefully) or a different save extension and then load twewy within akiao and then no 1st chapter freeze or in the alternative you can use the walk through walls cheat and instead of going left go up and skip the opening scene completely and play the game normal from there on.

and now im done

First of all...
AKAIO still freezes on some cards. NOT a fix.
Second, AKAIO 1.6 is outdated. LIKE HELL.
Third, AKAIO doesn't just natively work on the R4 Ultra.
Fourth, switching the savefile name does nothing.
Fifth, stop trolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: