Gaming The World Ends with You - Evolving Badges

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
jagviper said:
Has anyone evolved a Sexy beam into a Playmate beam?
I tried following that wiki but it just screwed me and I had to go all over the evolutions again and I just evolved it to purity launcher..

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Syao4 said:
jagviper said:
Has anyone evolved a Sexy beam into a Playmate beam?
I tried following that wiki but it just screwed me and I had to go all over the evolutions again and I just evolved it to purity launcher..
So Mingle PP doesn't evolve it to playmate beam? Yeah that wiki is still very developmental, apparently the Japanese version has different evolution trees for a few pins and dumbasses are simply copypasting stuff from the japan wikis, so that might be one of the inaccurate evolutions... But to get an accurate list, trial and error among a community is a must.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Masta_mind257 said:
Set the DS main date 4 years ahead and load up, save then repeat. You get 300ish PP each time. Although if it's a mingle evolution pin, just mingle.

It only counts the next 7days. (aka one week). So set your time one week ahead for 300 PP each time. I did this and my Pins did evolve quite nice.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You get 297 PP for 7+ days. I usually change the month, so my DS date is late 2009 atm
tongue.gif

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, once you screw up evolution you need to get a new one.
I have 9 of the same pins just because they evolve into so many pins, and I want to master all of them.
Organizing is such a chore.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!

Man, I just finished my first week, and I had no idea there were different ways to evolve the pins. Guess I better go look for some aliens now.

Thanks for the info and the links.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Guess I'm old fashioned to, I just beat it with just some JM pins (The slashy-slash ones..) and that D+B Ice Pillar..

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EN!GMA said:
There is a database of pins being developed right now:

http://wiki.multipurposechives.com/index.p...h_You_Pins_List
Wow. I've just had a gander at the evolution system, and man this seems complex. I guess I need to chart out my desired pin evolutions so I don't screw something up by gaining too many SDPP. SE strikes again. I just found some of my charting for DQM:J and it reminded me how much of a nerd I am. This game isn't going to help.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I see a game completion %, I feel like I have to fill it up to 100%. It'll probably take me at least 4 playthroughs to fill up entire bestiary with all difficulty drops and all monstes beaten at level 1. Mastering all pins should take less than that..

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
When I see a game completion %, I feel like I have to fill it up to 100%. It'll probably take me at least 4 playthroughs to fill up entire bestiary with all difficulty drops and all monstes beaten at level 1. Mastering all pins should take less than that..
Is there an advantage to beating monsters at level 1? Or do you just want it to have "1" for level beaten on the entire bestiary?

Also if anyone knows, I've never changed my difficulty to "Easy", but many of the item drops for "Easy" are filled in. Is it safe to assume that you can get the drop for any level of difficulty equal to or less than what you have set? So I could be playing on Ultimate, and the lesser drops will be filled in eventually anyway?

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Szyslak said:
deathfisaro said:
Is there an advantage to beating monsters at level 1? Or do you just want it to have "1" for level beaten on the entire bestiary?

Also if anyone knows, I've never changed my difficulty to "Easy", but many of the item drops for "Easy" are filled in. Is it safe to assume that you can get the drop for any level of difficulty equal to or less than what you have set? So I could be playing on Ultimate, and the lesser drops will be filled in eventually anyway?
Well,when you decrease your level to 1 via the LVG bar,you increase your drop rate.
I noticed that beyond 20 drop rate is pretty useless,so I stopped decreasing my level after that,but maybe I'll have to drop more in the future for rare items.

And I don't know about the difficulty..

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0xyG3N said:
This game rocks
biggrin.gif

If u dont use the game alot you can get the pins level up
Yes, but as we're discussing in this thread, there are three different ways to gain PP for a pin. Leaving the game off gains SDPP, and that might not be the type of PP you need to make a pin evolve.

If a pin requires Battle PP to evolve, and you gain too much SDPP, the pin won't evolve when it reaches it's max level. That's why I was talking about charting the pin evolution for the pins you want.

For example, I have a Masamune that I use all the time. I got it to the max level through battling, so it has all BPP. It didn't evolve because it requires at least 50% SDPP. So now I have to get a new Masamune and level it with SDPP so it will evolve into a better slasher.

Tricky system, but I kinda like it.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Szyslak said:
deathfisaro said:

Monsters have default drop rates, which gets multiplied by your (maximum level - current level + 1) * (# of battle chains). Some monsters have default drop rate of 0.1%, so even if you lower your 100 (star) level to 1, you only get 10%.
And for getting easy drops on normal, I think if you defeat a monster on normal and fail to get a drop, you get "rolled" (as in RPG sense) for drop of one difficulty level lower.
I've beaten bosses on normal, where practical drop rate was 100%, and never got an easy difficulty drop. When I fight monsters that have low default drop rate on normal (like 1% or less) I frequently get easy difficulty drops.
So you need to defeat at least 4 of each to get all the drops.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing 55 hours (L+R on save screen) and I'm still on Week 3 Day 4 mainly because I take the chance to evolve every new pin I get that doesn't involve MPP and buy everything I can; it kind of gets to me when I see people rush through the game
laugh.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
We're (yes, we, 4 people playing the game) almost at 100% completion... finished the Noise report and most of the badge evolutions, etc. I might continue with the guide.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Szyslak said:
deathfisaro said:
When I see a game completion %, I feel like I have to fill it up to 100%. It'll probably take me at least 4 playthroughs to fill up entire bestiary with all difficulty drops and all monstes beaten at level 1. Mastering all pins should take less than that..Is there an advantage to beating monsters at level 1? Or do you just want it to have "1" for level beaten on the entire bestiary?

Monsters have default drop rates, which gets multiplied by your (maximum level - current level + 1) * (# of battle chains). Some monsters have default drop rate of 0.1%, so even if you lower your 100 (star) level to 1, you only get 10%.
I get the drop rate system (nice equation btw). I was just wondering if there were any additional bonuses (besides better drop rate) for beating all the noise at level 1. I'm guessing it's just a goal you've set for yourself as a "completionist"?

QUOTE(deathfisaro @ Apr 21 2008, 05:30 PM)
And for getting easy drops on normal, I think if you defeat a monster on normal and fail to get a drop, you get "rolled" (as in RPG sense) for drop of one difficulty level lower.
I've beaten bosses on normal, where practical drop rate was 100%, and never got an easy difficulty drop. When I fight monsters that have low default drop rate on normal (like 1% or less) I frequently get easy difficulty drops.
So you need to defeat at least 4 of each to get all the drops.
That makes sense, and it's the trend I'm seeing as well. Thanks.

BTW, just got a visit from my first 3 Aliens last night. Playmate Beam here I come.
yaynds.gif
This evolution system is really growing on me.

[Edit] Mostly MPP didn't evolve my Sexy Beam to a Playmate Beam. Damn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse