The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by GalladeGuy, May 3, 2016.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    a 32x emulator would be my most wanted feature becuase not even wii has a 32x emulator.

DarthDub and Little_Goten like this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It was planned for genesis plus gx emu but was rejected, i don't think it will happen, but perhaps with a wii port of pico drive it can. :P

3. DoctorMario606

DoctorMario606 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    United States
    Sonic Robo Blast 2 would be cool

DarthDub and Little_Goten like this.
  4. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Not sure why you can't just press the POWER button on your controller, but here you go.
    An HBL version and a Wii U Menu version (will only work in CFW)
    https://github.com/CreeperMario/shutdown
    (I've submitted it to HBAS as well)

Azmort likes this.
  5. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    Lol thanks it's just easier.

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

6. Tadek

Tadek Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    Poland
    Don't know if any of this is possible but I really would like to see a tool that offers in depth picture settings for Wii U. Since I have no idea how much control over scaller chip is possible via software. It's hard to come up with realistic feature list but will try nonetheless.

• True 240p output from analog AV port.
    • 480p and above resolutions in RGB (multi AV out). So sudo VGA. Right now only component can go above 480i/576i.
    • Separate profiles for different apps. For example one setting for Wii U (lets say 1080p HDMI) and another for vWii (480i AV out). And switching automaticly between the two when launched.
    • Option to switch between RGB and YPbPr.
    • And so on

THATISRIGHT likes this.
  7. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Isn't component the only option for higher-def video (up to 1080p)? You certainly aren't getting a decent signal down composite cables; and I'm not aware of many other kinds of cabling that Nintendo made.
    Also worth noting that the colourspace choice is made by the cable (yes, really) by shorting some pins together.
    IIRC the vWii is locked to 480p anyway; and it'll output at that res no matter what. Not sure how it handles HDMI/AV, would be curious to find that one out.

8. Tadek

Tadek Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    Poland
    Right now it is. But it's software imposed. RGB could easily handle higher resolutions. For example PS2 could display up to 1080i using RGB cable (not composite). VGA or DVI-A used in PCs is also RGB. Although sync signals are separated in this case, so there's slight difference. Nintendo did make official RGB cable for Wii (AV --> SCART) and it works fine with Wii U. There's also plethora of chinese knock offs available. To my knowledge there's no hardware limitation to make it posssible.

This may be the case when HDMI is used. Renders at 480p and then upscales to 720p/1080p (depends on the settings).
    But with AV RGB cable it's not locked. It can display 480i and 576i just fine.

9. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    That's exactly what he said. Component is either S-video, RGB, or YPbPr, and the difference between them is that RGB is separated by color, the others are separated by luma and chroma, but they are all three component. Composite carries the luma and chroma signal in one line. So when he mentioned that component is the only option for high-def, when he said, "Isn't component the only option for higher-def video (up to 1080p)?", he was correct. RGB is one of the three methods of component.

10. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    While you're technically right, I was talking about the RCA leads (red, green, blue, white, black).

So OP is saying the SCART lead doesn't do full 1080p? That sucks.
    If it's any consolation, it's insanely easy to wire those RCA leads into VGA, and in my experience most TVs/projectors will accept YPbPr over VGA. The sync gets a little iffy at times and varies source to source (my PS2 requires the CVBS plugged into my projector to sync properly over VGA) but it seems to " just work" on the Wii U.

11. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Maybe a way to connect to the NFC controller on the gamepad and directly write .bin's to NTAG215 stickers.:creep:

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I'm sure its been requested before, but even still, I'd like for some sort of Wii U Media Player. That'd be great.

13. Little_Goten

Little_Goten Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    An ebook reader that reads .zip, .rar, .pdf, and .cbr files.

vgmoose likes this.
  14. Gourmet

Gourmet GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Brazil
    A homebrew that allows us to change System Settings and other Gamepad-only applications without having a gamepad. It's OK if we can't see the gamepad screen, someone could make videos explaining the setup.

15. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
  16. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Coldboot CFW without Haxchi.

CreeperMario likes this.
  17. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Video streaming for ANDROID :glare:

18. efen3001

efen3001 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    United States
  19. gutoblauth

gutoblauth Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2009
    Brazil
    WUP Installer that supports USB stick

20. MartU

MartU GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Adblocker for the Youtube app. Got me a good one for Android that autoskips ads. If I recall it right it is called Adskip.

Little_Goten likes this.