Hacking The "Which flashcart to get?" Info Thread

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well does a DSTTi work? I want one for the hell of it, and if I buy from ShopTemp, will it be an authentic one and not a fake or whatever? I'll also be running YSmenu. :b

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I bought an IEDGE several months ago because it was under £20 and had a large amount of compatibility and I've been happy with it so far. But I've recently heard of the Supercard DSTWO and it's ability to play GBA and SNES games.

I'm not sure whether I should get it or not. Can anyone tell me their experiences with the Supercard DSTWO and whether it's worth it? e.g user friendliness, battery life, compatibility and price

Also, if I do get one will I be able to use my microSD card that I use for my IEDGE?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
rayjay said:
Hey everyone, I bought an IEDGE several months ago because it was under £20 and had a large amount of compatibility and I've been happy with it so far. But I've recently heard of the Supercard DSTWO and it's ability to play GBA and SNES games.

I'm not sure whether I should get it or not. Can anyone tell me their experiences with the Supercard DSTWO and whether it's worth it? e.g user friendliness, battery life, compatibility and price

Also, if I do get one will I be able to use my microSD card that I use for my IEDGE?

While I don't own the Supercard DS2, I know several people who do, and all are extremely happy with it. I have also read many reveiws, and all are extremely positive. Also if you do buy the SCDS2, then yes you can user the same SD card, however if you do it will not work with your iEDGE anymore (as you will have to format and delete all necessary files).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Also if you do buy the SCDS2, then yes you can user the same SD card, however if you do it will not work with your iEDGE anymore (as you will have to format and delete all necessary files).
You don't have to delete the files...I have like 6 different kernels for the various flashcarts I have all in one microSD and nothing ever fails.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
777kidis777 said:
If I purchase a DSTTi from ShopTemp, will it be a legit one and not a clone? Will it also be a grey cartridge?
While I think it would be extremely nonsensical to buy a flashcart that has practically no support apart from one person who updates the files because he wants to, supposing that ShopTemp has only legitimate online shops as opposed to whatever random ones that are across the net, then it's possible that you will get a legit one...but meh I'd avoid most DSTT stuff...As for the color...it would probably be white...maybe...

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
777kidis777 said:
If I purchase a DSTTi from ShopTemp, will it be a legit one and not a clone? Will it also be a grey cartridge?
While I think it would be extremely nonsensical to buy a flashcart that has practically no support apart from one person who updates the files because he wants to, supposing that ShopTemp has only legitimate online shops as opposed to whatever random ones that are across the net, then it's possible that you will get a legit one...but meh I'd avoid most DSTT stuff...As for the color...it would probably be white...maybe...

Well, I'm sure you know me on the iSmart forums, and my MM is lagging so bad. It's a 2-3 second delay about everything, Pokemon, Plants vs. Zombies, everything. I even applied the TF card update! :/
My cousin's DSTTi works smoothly and is running the same TF card. No lag. :///

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
:/ Well I don't have a problem with my iSmart MM so I dunno what would help about the lagging (probably why there aren't any other ideas on that iSMM thread), but if anything I would suggest getting either the R4iGold or R4iDSN that is compatible and official supported by YWG and the Wood kernel instead of the DSTT.
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-1.4.1.html
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-R4iDSN-Re...tion-1.4.1.html
Of course...rather than those two, you could always take a look into getting an AK2i...

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
:/ Well I don't have a problem with my iSmart MM so I dunno what would help about the lagging (probably why there aren't any other ideas on that iSMM thread), but if anything I would suggest getting either the R4iGold or R4iDSN that is compatible and official supported by YWG and the Wood kernel instead of the DSTT.
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-1.4.1.html
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-R4iDSN-Re...tion-1.4.1.html
Of course...rather than those two, you could always take a look into getting an AK2i...

I have an M3i that can run Retro's YSmenu, so I think that will hold out. I think I can experiment with other TF cards I have, but for now, I'm looking into something simple and easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-