The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh?

I dunno, the whole episode just felt kinda... dumb.

Like you'd think Merle would know that giving the Governor Michonne wouldn't solve anything. Just seemed like a rather retarded logic gap right there.

Also it just seemed like a really dumb killing off of Merle. They make a big huge deal that he returns in season three and he really doesn't have as much characterization as he deserves.

Also, did Merle stab the Governor in their struggle? Because he does have a FUCKING KNIFE FOR A HAND. You'd think he'd be able to stab him or slash him or something.

I think Norman Reedus is a good actor usually but the end of the episode was a bit... hokey? Like they can't handle emotional crying scenes all that well.

Reactions: Fluto

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Norman Reedus is a good actor usually but the end of the episode was a bit... hokey? Like they can't handle emotional crying scenes all that well.

I'm curious as to how a man is supposed to react after being forced to stab his brother, the only remaining tie to his previous life, in the face?

I was hoping the governor would get slashed or stabbed or something. He wouldn't need to die, just get a bit hurt.
I was actually hoping that Merle was going to get himself bit on purpose so he could try and infect the Governor until I realized he was kiting the walkers.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to how a man is supposed to react after being forced to stab his brother, the only remaining tie to his previous life, in the face?

Well it's hard to capture that emotion but he just sounded so goofy. Like they should act as to inspire emotion in the audience. It didn't do that for me.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor Daryl, having to deal with his brother "dying" twice. Can't have nice things in that world. He obviously had a lot of anger towards him, having stabbed him in the face so many times, but he still loved him. He sided with Glenn on the Maggie situation because he thinks of them all as his family, just as much as Merle is. Had to be hard.

Also yeah the crying in this show seems funny, but with devastating shit like this happening I doubt you could keep your shit together and make a pretty crying face. It's realistic, nobody sounds pleasing when they suffer.

edit: When I say "you" I mean a person in general, I'm not attacking anyone haha. serious gbatemp will be serious

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone here is crying that Merle died.
Me? Nope.
I'm glad. Not glad he died, but glad they flexed his character out.

Think about it, you always considered Merle to be a heartless bastard, caring about no one but himself and partially Daryl.
Merle, went after the Governor to help Rick's group. End the fight before it had started.
You really get to see that Merle cared about others in this episode.

Anyway, the crying/grieving of Lori and Merle performed by Rick and Daryl respectively was horrendous. Sure, no one really knows how to act in a situation like that, it's not just losing family but losing family when the world has gone to shit.
Love how they pointed towards Carol to show just how much she changed. I think it's the second episode they've done it now. Something tells me Carol will be getting killed off soon or make an incredible contribution to the group.

Enough about the damn Carl and Beth crush. There's nothing wrong with it. It's the only female in the group that Carl could have somewhat of a chance with and I mean, most people think about it before they do it...

Anyway
Eh?

I dunno, the whole episode just felt kinda... dumb.

Like you'd think Merle would know that giving the Governor Michonne wouldn't solve anything. Just seemed like a rather retarded logic gap right there.

Also it just seemed like a really dumb killing off of Merle. They make a big huge deal that he returns in season three and he really doesn't have as much characterization as he deserves.

Also, did Merle stab the Governor in their struggle? Because he does have a FUCKING KNIFE FOR A HAND. You'd think he'd be able to stab him or slash him or something.

Merle knew that giving up Michonne wouldn't do shit. He was just getting everyone to think he was doing it. Like I said, this episode we saw how awesome Merle actually was and he needed to keep his reputation of the bad character if he had succeded and returned to Rick's group.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merle knew that giving up Michonne wouldn't do shit. He was just getting everyone to think he was doing it. Like I said, this episode we saw how awesome Merle actually was and he needed to keep his reputation of the bad character if he had succeded and returned to Rick's group.

Merle was definitely going to turn Michonne over to the Governor. If he wasn't, there wouldn't have been any need to knock her ass out, tie her up, and drag her halfway there... It just seemed like it clicked during the ride that the group was a family he wanted to be a part of and that he had an opportunity to end it once and for all.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess
D

Deleted_171835

what the fuck was that, they started off strong and then ended with some shitty cliffhanger with the governor wandering alone somewhere and everyone chilling in the prison instead of the town for some reason.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Horrible. Just horrible. Let's kill off more people in stupid ways that make no sense. I thought they established they were all infected and turned after death? So how does a bite on a shoulder turn you?

Recommend people read the comic if they haven't to see just how much better it really is.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They made it pretty clear that a bite is fatal. Jim from season one had a minor bite and died from it.
No you don't have to be bitten to turn, but being bitten just makes the process that much faster.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horrible. Just horrible. Let's kill off more people in stupid ways that make no sense. I thought they established they were all infected and turned after death? So how does a bite on a shoulder turn you?

Recommend people read the comic if they haven't to see just how much better it really is.
It's exactly the same in the comic. The bite makes you die fast. I recommend you read it too.

That aside, I think the finale was great. Rick isn't haunted by Lori anymore. Carl is a prick and needs to get punched. Tyrese and Rick can be BFFs now like in the comics.

Reactions: Sagat

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
They made it pretty clear that a bite is fatal. Jim from season one had a minor bite and died from it.
No you don't have to be bitten to turn, but being bitten just makes the process that much faster.

Jim was tied to a tree and left there. Never showed a death or him turning.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
It's exactly the same in the comic. The bite makes you die fast. I recommend you read it too.

That aside, I think the finale was great. Rick isn't haunted by Lori anymore. Carl is a prick and needs to get punched. Tyrese and Rick can be BFFs now like in the comics.

Where in the comic did a person get a minor bite and turn? Maybe it's been too long since I've read the earlier parts of the comic but I don't recall anybody turning from a minor bite.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where in the comic did a person get a minor bite and turn? Maybe it's been too long since I've read the earlier parts of the comic but I don't recall anybody turning from a minor bite.
It's been a year since I've read it myself so I can't refer to a specific situation... (I didn't mean to sound like a dick, by the way. Sorry about that.)
It's just kind of an unspoken rule of this universe. Once you're bitten there is no hope except immediate amputation. They all have the virus inside, but the bite combines with it in the bloodstream and accelerates your death. Maybe someone else can offer some input on this, but I really don't think anything has changed in this situation.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This episode is the last of the series for me. I am done with this show.

This series had so much potential but it went downhill after the very first episodes( of season 1). Even the zombies don't make an impression anymore...

The season 3 finale sucked so much i couldn't possibly believe they actually decided to make it. It only serves as a lazy way to end this season and wait for the next...

PS: It was established in the first season that bites make you slowly turn, even if non fatal. It is just that it hasn't happened for so long, that most of you forget that fact...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1