The Upcoming Year

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 10_0ARMY, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010

The Upcoming Year by 10_0ARMY at 6:21 PM (2,343 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. 10_0ARMY
    OP

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    What games are you excited for that are coming out this year and early next year after seeing Nintendo's awesome E3 show?

For me I can't wait for Metroid: Other M and the GoldenEye remake. And I forgot about the new Zelda. It looks so bad ass.

Post what you can't wait for [​IMG]

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Heh, wait until the October/Novemeber Games of the Month threads and you'll see a shit ton of huge titles dropping.

But really, there's nothing particularly super exciting for the Wii in my opinion. Yet again nothing gets me excited any more in video gaming. Only thing I would get excited for is No More Heroes 3 but that's not happening 'till next gen (if ever).

Guess I wouldn't mind seeing Conduit 2 and Goldeneye I guess. Much more on the Xbox though.

EDIT: And it's not a Goldeneye remake. It's simply a game that uses the Goldeneye name and the (roughly) the same story as the movie. Completely different engine, gameplay, etc. Goldeneye is just a selling point, if they put another name on it like James Bond's Hoover Dam Extravaganza people would not give a shit. But since it now has Goldeneye in the title people care!

3. 10_0ARMY
    OP

United States
    The problem with xbox is that they always offer the same old shit: FPS and a lot of them. I'm not particularly impressed with anything microsoft has to offer in the years to come...

4. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    I agree with guild. Although I never owned or extensively played goldeneye, I can tell that the wii and n64 version are nothing alike. For example, original, no ADS. Wii "Remake" ADS. It's just a selling point.

But there are quite a few titles I'm interested in, the new zelda, metroid, alot of the 3ds games.

5. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Yeah, that's what any hater says. The Xbox has a great library. And maybe not Microsoft but just look at what's coming up. Only major shooters coming out this year for the Xbox are Halo Reach and CoD: BO. There's still Fallout: New Vegas (and if you say "that's a FPS" then you're clearly retarded), Fable III, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Force Unleashed II, Dead Rising 2, Enslaved, and so on. Next year is even better. Only people who don't know anything about a Xbox think it's nothing but FPS games and CoD fanboys.

6. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I have to agree with guild on the xbox, it does offer a lot more than FPS's. As for the Wii I'm looking forward to playing Donkey Kong Country Returns with my son and on 360 I can't wait to play Star Wars Force Unleashed 2.

7. rafao

Newcomer rafao Advanced Member

Brazil
    COD Modern Warfare 3 and Ghost Recon : Future Soldier will release for wii.

[​IMG]

8. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just Other M and the new Zelda game. There aren't many Wii games that look particularly interesting to me anymore. Before I got my Wii I was all like "DUDE OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME, THAT GAME, THE OTHER GAME, WHATEVER GAME" but when you really start looking at what the Wii has, it doesn't really offer much. Maybe I'm just too picky? Whatever. But, that's not to say it doesn't have its share of good games: No More Heroes, Sin and Punishment 2, and not to mention RE4 is funnest on the Wii (imo). [​IMG]

Edit: Oh yeah, and The Last Story. That game looks fun.

9. Jugo

Newcomer Jugo Advanced Member

United States
    Theres gonna be a whole bunch of awsome wii games from now until the end of the year. Like Black Ops, Force Unleashed 2, Epic Mickey, Epic yarn, Zelda and more. But I really cant wait for xenoblade, the last story, and Zenkai no rengleive.

10. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Zangeki no Reginleiv is, odds are, not gonna be localized. Reviews for it were meh and I don't think it sold a lot. Xenoblade and The Last Story are still up in the air for localizations, but I thought Xenoblade sold well enough in Japan that it'd come here. Not sure on The Last Story though.

11. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i know about the xbox and it really is all fps. there are a few good titles other than the shooters, but mainly its either 1st/3rd person shooters/adventures sprinkled with a few racing/fighting games. btw i like my xbox360. im not complaining but it does have a lot of cookie cutter titles. same games with different graphics. but there are quite a few gems.

enough about the box, the wii is the topic.

DKC returns! Metroid other m! NBA mutha fuckin Jam son. next 6 months are gonna rock your socks off on the wii.

12. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    Nba jam and epic micky top my list right now. almost forgot the deadliest catch game.

13. gamefreak94

Member gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    CoD modern Warfare 3???????? CoD Black ops is on all consoles though...isn't it? [​IMG]
    And what happened to modern warfare 2?

14. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I dont really like shooting games for wii. The whole point and shoot thing is just annoying. Metroid other M, The new zelda, and the new dk are the only games that im waiting for.

15. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    trackmania wii!!! (...but I fear it'll be delayed until December in Europe as well)

Rock band 3 looks interesting...not exactly too hyped until I know more of those new instruments, but still...interesting.

Other than that, it's just Zelda (do I really need to explain?) and Donkey Kong (SNES nostalgia reasons...but 2 player simultaneous co-op platforming has reached new standards with NSMB. I hope this game reaps its rewards).

16. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Totally agree with that list (for me), and Metroid too.

:>

17. BadBloke

Newcomer BadBloke Member

Greece
    For me its DKC Returns, Goldeneye, Zalda, Epic Yarn, NBA Jam, Other M. Not too shabby. Will definately keep me from going insane waiting for the 3DS [​IMG]

18. PsychoticDust

Member PsychoticDust GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Lol this is easy to answer: Metroid, Goldeneye (I hope it captures the magic of the 64 version. Man my friends and I spent many, many hours in multiplayer!) and Zelda. Is there no love for Sonic? Personally I can't wait for Sonic 4 and I'm cautiously looking forward to playing Sonic Colours on the Wii and DS.

19. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I hate sonic since sonic heroes on gamecube.. and sonic colors looks like another "secret rings" type of game that I hate.. sonic 4 looks cool...

but now I'm waiting for nhl 2k11, nba jam, metroid, zelda and donkey kong returns

20. 10_0ARMY
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] THE WII WAS BORN FOR FPS! Aiming to shoot is much better than moving an analog stick, as I've played shooters on wii, xbox, and ps3.