1. DerekEff

DerekEff Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Questions!

Can you make it load back ups from HDD and DVD's?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Read the first post, perhaps?

3. DerekEff

DerekEff Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I read it all, twice after you said that lol. Am I missing something?

4. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I predict that your lack of will to read instructions is going to cause you to permabrick your Wii in the not-so-distant future.
    If you're incapable of following the instructions with the answer you're looking for in clear view, you're better off leaving your Wii alone, or having someone else do it for you who already has a hacked Wii.

5. DerekEff

DerekEff Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I can read. No, I am not retarded. I see there is options to load from HDD and DVD. All I am asking is if you can do BOTH on the same Wii? Would I need to do several methods to be able to? Not sure why you felt like you needed to be a smart ass when all I am trying to do is learn?

6. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, that inquiry when worded that way makes a little more sense.
    At first, you made it sound like you were simply asking if it was possible to make the Wii load from HDDs and DVDs as separate questions, as opposed to the singular question whether it'll load from BOTH HDD and DVD on the same system, which is why we told you to read the post.
    We weren't sure what else you could've been having trouble with, hence our adamant insistence that you re-read the initial post.
    Anyway, the answer to your question is yes, although it's generally a better idea to load from HDD, since if you have an .iso, rather than burning it to a blank DVD-R, you can just use Wii Backup Manager to put it on your HDD with ease and then run the game on Wii with a USB loader.

I must note that NeoGamma is rather obsolete. You may or may not have to deal with errors inherent to NeoGamma if you wish to use it to run burned DVDs.
    The common USB loaders (WiiFlow & USB Loader GX) are much more stable.

Apologies for the dickish response, by the way.

Last edited by Sticksandstones, Nov 3, 2017
  7. vanrocka90

vanrocka90 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there still such a Link for step X?

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Don't use it. This guide is old and there is no need to patch the Trucha bug back into anything now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Beginners, Ultimate, Hacking