Hacking The Ultimate Virgin 4.0 Softmod Guide

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've already installed the Homebrew Channel with bannerbomb on a virgin 4.0 Wii (WiiPower's Guide). Can I still just follow this guide directly?

monacelli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide rules because it installs an upgradable cios on a virgin 4.0 system unlike most of the other guides on here. Thanks.

jtothason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Kosaic @ May 17 2009, 03:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Kosaic @ May 17 2009, 01:25 PM) *

I ran downgradeios35.dol, but did not have the Internet connection setup, so it failed.
I setup the Internet connection and tried to run it again .. Now I get:
"failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"

What is next now ? I dont want to brick, so thought I'd ask the experts first smile.gif

This is on a Virgin 4.0U Wii ...

Thanks !

Anyone? Any thoughts ?

Try using a different downgrade .dol, that's what I had to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jelkm1gjqou

Unzip and look for "notDVDX34.dol" (only file needed) and put it on your SD Card. Run it instead of downgradeios35.dol

Thread that I obtained link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

I have the same problem, my wi-fi didnt connect and it failed while running downgradeiso36.dol and now it won;t install. The link provided above doesn't seem to work anymore and I can't figure out how to substitute the file. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of notdvdx34.dol or another file that may work. I tried everywhere on google but can't find anything other than this forum. I have HBC already installed previously with some roms but I want to play backups via USB and I neeed to finish the steps in this guide to do so. Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtothason said:
QUOTE said:

I ran downgradeios35.dol, but did not have the Internet connection setup, so it failed.

What is next now ? I dont want to brick, so thought I'd ask the experts first smile.gif

Thanks !

Anyone? Any thoughts ?

Unzip and look for "notDVDX34.dol" (only file needed) and put it on your SD Card. Run it instead of downgradeios35.dol

I have the same problem, my wi-fi didnt connect and it failed while running downgradeiso36.dol and now it won;t install. The link provided above doesn't seem to work anymore and I can't figure out how to substitute the file. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of notdvdx34.dol or another file that may work. I tried everywhere on google but can't find anything other than this forum. I have HBC already installed previously with some roms but I want to play backups via USB and I neeed to finish the steps in this guide to do so. Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Go to Yafaze (The place that this guide is posted) and tell them about it, I'm sure they could help you with it.

jtothason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yafaze is currently down at the moment for the next 8 days. Ive seen various tutorials on soft-modding and not all include the the specific downgrader file but it's also a completely different method. Im jsut unsure as to whether I'll brick my Wii if I try other methods available. I also find it irritating that you only get one shot to use the downgrader, if it fails or ur wifi doesnt connect you're pretty much S.O.L.. Is there anyone else having this same issue other than those that got a copy of notdvdx34.dol before it was taken of mediashare?

leglez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem. I'm on 4.0, and I do everything up to "Run Wad Manager again, Select IOS35 when it asked what IOS to use." Once I do that though when I press A to continue it seems to freeze. Only thing I can do is press and hold the power button to restart the wii. Any ideas?

Before I did this I tried running hackmii and I installed The HBC, DVDX and something else. Then I found this guide and delected the HBC and thought it would erase everything else. Would this be causing the issue?

I also noticed when I Select IOS35 and I press A to continue all the LEDs in my controller turn off, and when I press A they all light up and start flashing and then stop after 2 or 3 seconds.

Could I just select IOS36 and then Install the CIOSv7.wad?

gustavopwk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need some help
i make this tutorial and stop at the ios60patched.wad, and got a error ( 1029)
after this i turn my wii off, and now, the light turn green when i turn him on, but the tv doesntt show nothing
someone know something to fix this?

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thx mate!

Quick question; I followed your guide 100%, but Grand Slam Tennis won't work. It just gives me a black screen and to read manual blabla. Other games including Tiger Woods 2010 worked flawlessly.

Info:
PAL Wii with 4.0E
Used your guide, installed the WiiGator's Gamma 0.3
(Also tried the Gamma 0.3 with the 002 fix integrated)
PAL version of the game

Any idea what it could be? I'm so confused when it comes to cIOS etc, I have no idea why I'm installing them. 249 is the latest I used, I believe.. And a rev7 before that?

Thanks, much appreciated!

EDIT: Gah, just read the post above me. Sorry! Will ask there, thanks!

saintirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtothason said:
QUOTE said:

Thanks !

Anyone? Any thoughts ?

I also did this same thing and I did eventually find "notDVDX34.dol" (can be found here within this RAR file), however, I put it on my SD card and ran it on my Wii and I am still getting the same "failed to add title, maybe you already ran this" error. Does anyone have any other ideas for what I can do?? THANKS!!

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saintirish said:
I also did this same thing and I did eventually find "notDVDX34.dol" (can be found here within this RAR file), however, I put it on my SD card and ran it on my Wii and I am still getting the same "failed to add title, maybe you already ran this" error. Does anyone have any other ideas for what I can do?? THANKS!!

You're trying to solve a non-problem. The point of the application is to downgrade the version number of your IOS35 only, not to install or replace anything. If you're getting that message, it's because either you did in fact already run it or your IOS35 was an old version to start with, the process worked and you can move on to the next step (or perform a system update to restore it to its original state). If you're having problems with the further steps, that's what you should be posting about. (And doing it on the yafaze forums, as the OP requested)

saintirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mtb-bfh said:
saintirish said:

You're trying to solve a non-problem. The point of the application is to downgrade the version number of your IOS35 only, not to install or replace anything. If you're getting that message, it's because either you did in fact already run it or your IOS35 was an old version to start with, the process worked and you can move on to the next step (or perform a system update to restore it to its original state). If you're having problems with the further steps, that's what you should be posting about. (And doing it on the yafaze forums, as the OP requested)

Ok, but I really don't think it ever worked. If I boot the Wii and go look at the firmware file, it still says it is 4.0u If it had worked, then wouldn't it say 3.something?

Where is the Yafaze forum? Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. I found this particular forum on a google search and posted here because this was the only place on the net that directly dealt with the issue I am having.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saintirish said:
Ok, but I really don't think it ever worked. If I boot the Wii and go look at the firmware file, it still says it is 4.0u If it had worked, then wouldn't it say 3.something?
"the firmware file"? which file is that, exactly?
4.0u is the version your system software is reporting, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the version of a specific IOS file in your NAND memory.

Let me try again/rephrase: "The firmware" is an entire collection of files. You're trying to swap in one tiny piece of it (IOS35) from an earlier version.

The output of the downgrader is confusing. You're not using the tool to do what it was meant to do (over-write a file), just to make the wii "think" that file is of a lower version so you can over-write it manually in the next step. Basically...if you ran it at all, it worked.

QUOTEWhere is the Yafaze forum? Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. I found this particular forum on a google search and posted here because this was the only place on the net that directly dealt with the issue I am having.

Check the first post in this thread. Yafaze is the site hosting the very guide we're talking about...

japrusso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leglez said:
I'm having a problem. I'm on 4.0, and I do everything up to "Run Wad Manager again, Select IOS35 when it asked what IOS to use." Once I do that though when I press A to continue it seems to freeze. Only thing I can do is press and hold the power button to restart the wii. Any ideas?

Before I did this I tried running hackmii and I installed The HBC, DVDX and something else. Then I found this guide and delected the HBC and thought it would erase everything else. Would this be causing the issue?

I also noticed when I Select IOS35 and I press A to continue all the LEDs in my controller turn off, and when I press A they all light up and start flashing and then stop after 2 or 3 seconds.

Could I just select IOS36 and then Install the CIOSv7.wad?

I have de same problem, any solution for this?
others have this problem but i don´t see any solution...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: being sick still sucks