Hacking The Ultimate Virgin 4.0 Softmod Guide

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I just did my mates 4.0e wii, and using the usb loader a few games don't work (most work fine). Mario Galaxy for example just makes the wii reset to the main channel menu.

Have I forgot to do something here?
frown.gif

Thanks in advance,
Wazy

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kongsnutz said:
Sir-Fritz said:
nextnomura said:
the time I select downgradeios35.dol (runfirst) had nothing happens, an then I reset the wii to repeat it, and I try again just now and as a result

"failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"

I already try to delete and copy to SD card the result is the same

what should I do?
Same problem, how can i fix this.

Just skip to next part, installing IOS35 (usually it means it has done it anyhow)

I ran downgradeios35.dol, but did not have the Internet connection setup, so it failed.
I setup the Internet connection and tried to run it again .. Now I get:

What is next now ? I dont want to brick, so thought I'd ask the experts first
smile.gif

This is on a Virgin 4.0U Wii ...

Thanks !

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
Will i still be able to play my retail games alright?

New games like Pikmin 2 (EU) legit with nintendo software update ask to update the Wii if i want to run it normally. I have to use the backup launcher to play it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Tyvm

(In the guide I was unable to do the last 2 extra steps, when installing CiosV10 i get an error = -1)

I am sytem menu 4.0E

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it worked perfectly. Kong, it was working before I installed preloader and I did absolutly nothing to my wii before this guide. I have no idea why it did that. It no longer does it because I semi bricked my wii using an old preloader. BUT this guide worked 100% Perfectly! Thanks for this guide!

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the "Further Steps" I have a problem

When doing the Installing CIOSv10 on the Wii, I put the files in the right place, and I go to the HBC and click the CIOCv10 installation thing. I use "WAD INSTALL" (not Network Install) and I get the ret -1 error.

EDIT: I used the Network Installation and it installed fine (was I supposed to do that?)

EDIT2: I also found out that the .wad wasn't supposed to be in a wad folder. Will it hurt to do it again? (if I wasn't supposed to to network installation)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kosaic said:
kongsnutz said:
Sir-Fritz said:
nextnomura said:
the time I select downgradeios35.dol (runfirst) had nothing happens, an then I reset the wii to repeat it, and I try again just now and as a result

I already try to delete and copy to SD card the result is the same

what should I do?
Same problem, how can i fix this.

Just skip to next part, installing IOS35 (usually it means it has done it anyhow)

I ran downgradeios35.dol, but did not have the Internet connection setup, so it failed.

smile.gif

Thanks !

Anyone? Any thoughts ?

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makar8000 said:
On the "Further Steps" I have a problem

When doing the Installing CIOSv10 on the Wii, I put the files in the right place, and I go to the HBC and click the CIOCv10 installation thing. I use "WAD INSTALL" (not Network Install) and I get the ret -1 error.

EDIT: I used the Network Installation and it installed fine (was I supposed to do that?)
EDIT2: I also found out that the .wad wasn't supposed to be in a wad folder. Will it hurt to do it again? (if I wasn't supposed to to network installation)

Also, for the Backup Laucher channel, Does it play Gamecube Backup as well? And what kind of disc do I use to burn the iso's (DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, ect)

Kosaic said:
QUOTE(Kosaic @ May 17 2009, 01:25 PM)

smile.gif

Thanks !

Anyone? Any thoughts ?

Try using a different downgrade .dol, that's what I had to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jelkm1gjqou

Unzip and look for "notDVDX34.dol" (only file needed) and put it on your SD Card. Run it instead of downgradeios35.dol

Thread that I obtained link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
wazy said:
I just did my mates 4.0e wii, and using the usb loader a few games don't work (most work fine). Mario Galaxy for example just makes the wii reset to the main channel menu.

Have I forgot to do something here?
frown.gif

Thanks in advance,
Wazy

Can anyone help here?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

maniacpsycho

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for this noob question, but will this delete my vc games and game saves e.g. mario kart? whilst the vc games are a non issue as i can download them again/restore from backup, but the mario kart save is non copy/moveable and I really dont want to loose my clear licence...

also i have the HBC installed and running on a release virgin 4.0e wii performed only two days ago using bannerbomb and bootmii, will having this in place cause any issues?

and one final bit on nubbishness, would having bootmii installed as boot2 affect this in any way?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
While trying to install IOS60.wad, WAD manager gave me an error, and due to fear of messing up and bricking I stopped doing it, can someone help me?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
golio514 said:
While trying to install IOS60.wad, WAD manager gave me an error, and due to fear of messing up and bricking I stopped doing it, can someone help me?

What error ?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Nevermind I got it!
But now when I try to install cIOSv.10 I get a ret= -1 error like a second after i select WAD installation, what's cIOS for anyways?

wiix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys! Thanks for the great guide! Have been waiting for it since I accidentally upgraded to a 4.0 without any softmods previously installed (dumb upgrade everything before first use mentality!)

Now I'm having a problem.

I've installed and have no issue running BUL and HBC, but I can't run any channel off SD without having a copy on my wii. (4.0 is suppose to be able to run channels of SD - but these are wads I installed, not from the shop channel)

I followed these steps successfully:
- Install IOS60.wad using Wad Manager
- Install CIOSv10 Using HBC

but when I run IOSdowngrader using HBC, it will just restart my will without doing anything after showing my IP and loading the disclaimer. Meaning it just ask (press A to continue, B to restart WII) then when I press A, the wii doesn't downgrade or run anything.. it just prompts "press any key to restart" and I boot back to the wii channels.
Am I doing something wrong here or is that all there is to the IOSdowngrader?

Am I on a patch IOS60? Cos I cannot run channels on SD that are not mirrored on my wii..

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Makar8000 said:
Try using a different downgrade .dol, that's what I had to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jelkm1gjqou

Unzip and look for "notDVDX34.dol" (only file needed) and put it on your SD Card. Run it instead of downgradeios35.dol

Thread that I obtained link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

Got it working, so 4.0U Virgin Wii , now modded ... HB and USB work perfect.

Can I install Pre-Loader 0.29 on this as well? Any issues with this?

Yes, you can, it won't affect anything, I'm pretty sure, I installed preloader 0.28 by accident, caused semi brick, but then I got Preloader 0.29 and it works perfectly, I use the hacks for it, for safety-wise, use bootmii on boot2
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over