Hacking The ULTIMATE Brawl Iso?

Reagus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my goal is to make ONE brawl iso that I can just keep updating every now and again that contains Vanilla brawl, Brawl-, Brawl+, and Project:Melee. Would it be possible to get them to load via an alternate .dol's? The reason I'm even TRYING to do this is because my wii's SD slot is shot, so there goes playing any of these fantastic mods. The only other thing I can think of is to actually open up brawl and make different Iso's BUT, then I'd have to nix one if I did that. So, a little help please? And thank you for your replies in advance.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
They differ in more than just the dol files, so I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a separate game image for each one.

what he meant was having everything on one iso like the multi game iso's and just have multiple boot dols to load each game up(correct me if i am mistaken...)

and from what i know/think, this is not possible as the iso would get bigger then DVD9 which is basicly not possible to load on normal wii... but might be in usb loaders though...

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my goal is to make ONE brawl iso that I can just keep updating every now and again that contains Vanilla brawl, Brawl-, Brawl+, and Project:Melee. Would it be possible to get them to load via an alternate .dol's? The reason I'm even TRYING to do this is because my wii's SD slot is shot, so there goes playing any of these fantastic mods. The only other thing I can think of is to actually open up brawl and make different Iso's BUT, then I'd have to nix one if I did that. So, a little help please? And thank you for your replies in advance.
Possible, but the DVD size is a big concern.

Reagus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I kinda figured that would be the case. Well does anyone know how I can replace the files on a brawl iso with the mod files to make an iso of the mod? If there's an easier way than Wii Scrubber, let me know, because there are many files that need be replaced and Wii Scrubber reloads everything after each and every file. That'd be such a painstaking process. -_-

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible; due to the way the File Replacement Code works, I'd doubt that you could even make a B +/-/M ISO by replacing files. For example, there are files on the SD that don't actually exist on the disc.

EDIT: If you're crazy enough to try it, WiiMM's ISO Tools can repack an ISO from a folder, meaning you can extract Brawl, replace the extracted files, and make an ISO right from that.
Also beware that some files have slight name changes for the File Repacement Code; for example, some might have "en" on the end (it should be Strap.pac, but it's StrapEn.pac).

Reagus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* dangit. Then I'll have to buy rig my wii up to make it read an SD. Thanks again for all your replies. I'm off to do a little bit of rigging.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you can do it, but you need to make new fst.bin for the new files. You should be able to use wit or the tools with wiiscrubber. With wiiscrubber you would extract the partion, extract the patition bin, fst.bin, ect. Replace and add files, then use the partion builder to make the new partion. Something like that. It should be possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.