Hacking The Single layer SSBB UPDATE thread

Beauregard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I am importing an original copy of SSBX, say I run the update 100% from the backup copy, will that cause any problems when trying to play the full game? Or maybe cause more problems for when I buy the USA version as well?

ntsc-u 3.1 with wiikey1.9g

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ViewtifulV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the 15% update trick, since the progress bar for a wii update doesn't have numbers, what would 15% look like? I'm usually bad at guessing that kind of stuff.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
About the 15% update trick, since the progress bar for a wii update doesn't have numbers, what would 15% look like? I'm usually bad at guessing that kind of stuff.
I was exact and used a ruler to measure it...
laugh.gif

sh1nebl1nd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, I am importing an original copy of SSBX, say I run the update 100% from the backup copy, will that cause any problems when trying to play the full game?

Well seeing and the backups are identical I don't see what the question is? It's the same update. Just because it's a copied game doesn't mean the update magically changes. It will be as if you already updated it and you can play the imported game (considering you don't have wiikey currently)

Tass420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System- NTSC-U with 3.1U firmware
Chip- Wiikey at 1.9g
Update change anything other than the obvious, (Dual channels)- nope
Problems with the game- None so far, no crashes after 3 hours of vs mode

edit: Used 100% method

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else sometimes get LONG load times after selecting a stage?

Wiikey 1.9g here, NTSC-U
Verbatim DVD-R

Most of the time the load is short, but always variable...and then sometimes the load will be pretty long, with the laser making the same repeated noise over and over. It never DREs though.

Beauregard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I am importing an original copy of SSBX, say I run the update 100% from the backup copy, will that cause any problems when trying to play the full game?

Well seeing and the backups are identical I don't see what the question is? It's the same update. Just because it's a copied game doesn't mean the update magically changes. It will be as if you already updated it and you can play the imported game (considering you don't have wiikey currently)

I have wiikey 1.9g installed, and 3.1u firmware, i was just trying to cover my bases before doing anything that might inhibit future gameplay. I didn't think it would, but I just wanted to check with people who have had past experience doing this.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help me when i try and make the iso with winrar it says when i get to part 31

crc failed in the encrypted file DX.iso (wrong password?)

the password is wii-reloaded.info right?

and is there a iso maker program i am meant to be useing i have heard there is i have tryed redownload part 31 but still gives me the same thing

Kuronekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to hold out for the DL release + Wiikey update, but this is getting pretty darn tempting...
I have one question before I decide to dive in or not, though.

Console: NTSC-U (v3.1 U)
Chip: Wiikey 1.9g
So far I don't have any duplicate channels / oddities on my console.

If I do the 15% update unplug trick (unplug when the bar is under the "W"), does it actually install the update (even partially)?

I'm concerned that if I do this, I won't be able to update when the DL disc arrives (or NTSC-U version if the Japanese DL causes duplicate channels as well).

So basically, is there any risk that doing the 15% trick would cause an error with my console / prevent me from installing the complete update (NTSC-U version) in the future?

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have dual channels already, then there is no reason to do the 15% trick. all the 15% trick stops is the dual channel. (I didn't do the 15% tick and all that happened to me is I got double channels.)

Kuronekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
er, I don't have duplicate channels.

I'm basically asking if I'll be able to redo the SSBB update with the NTSC-U version of the game after doing the 15% trick, or if I'm going to be stuck with an improper update install. (which might prevent me from playing future wii games?)

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i believe so.

Ive been told if you do the 15% thing, you can even still update again with the japanese disc if you want.

Just play the dvd5 version, its fine as it is.

guymontag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there is a way to view pictures from Brawl saved to an SD card on a computer? They seem to be .bin files...

markish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what happend to me but the only way I could even get to play SSBB was to use the 15% trick. When i firstly tried to use a regionfrii patched to PAL version it asked me to update it ofc, but when I did it failed at 15-20% and I still got duplicate channels
frown.gif
so I tried again but it failed every time, but when I tried the 15% trick it worked but I still have the dupe channels but not the 3.10J FW
tongue.gif

Anywho I'm happy cuz it works
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1