Hacking The Single layer SSBB UPDATE thread

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you do with the iso in RegionFrii?
I'm trying to do it your way, but my burner hates the way I modified the iso with that prog, so I must be doing something wrong in it...

jespertje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
But if you do the 15% trick, the NOT brickblocked disc tries to update, EVEN if the brickblocked disc plays fine after the trick, so when you have the game of your own region, you can still do the whole update normally and so add the dual layer support to your firmware. Or am I wrong?

Olf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is something I would like to have clarified.
If I don't care about the duplicate channels I should just let the update finish, is that right?

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I'm very much a settings-oriented guy, if you allow the game to fully update, and you get the duplicate channels, are you still able to access all of the settings and everything? I already have the latest firmware installed.

Sorry if this has been answered already... I checked through the thread very thoroughly, but after reading all of it, my head hurts...
wtf.gif

NBA Mj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't update my Wiikey to the last update 1.9g
but my Wii is updated to 3.1U
Can I still play the game or do I need to update my Wiikey?

shadow1psc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console: NTSC-U
Chip: Cyclowiz 3.6b

DVD5 copy burned @ 4x w/ verbatim dvd+r.

Game updated, loads (with the smash symbol loading thing), asks about the save file and such, then the drive clicks and makes noises and I get an error message in green and have to turn the console off. Anyone encounter this?

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next disc update should fix it, I think from this we know that the latest update is required if your console is from another region.
meaning if your console is from the same region then not having an up-to-date firmware is ok? like 3.0J perhaps? because i have a 3.0J (SMG update done) and currently downloading the single layer SSBB. thanks! just want to clarify this.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the 15% trick with the update and it worked fine. No duplicate channels or anything, even says the firmware is still 3.1U.
And using an NTSC-U wii with D2Ckey if it matters

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Console: NTSC-U
Chip: Cyclowiz 3.6b

DVD5 copy burned @ 4x w/ verbatim dvd+r.

Game updated, loads (with the smash symbol loading thing), asks about the save file and such, then the drive clicks and makes noises and I get an error message in green and have to turn the console off. Anyone encounter this?

I got the same problem. Then I switched to DVD-R which worked flawlessy.

do not use DVD+R discs.

I recommend Traxdata DVD-R

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool Me A Newb, whatever, but from experience Dvd + Are Far Better Than -, burning at 12x, never had a problem.
Got Duplicate channels from mercury meltdown revolution ages aso, but settings still fine etc.
Will try ssbb once 100% d/loaded and repost

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I still play the game or do I need to update my Wiikey?

Wiikey MUST be at 1.9g, because that is the SMG fix, and you need a chip that is capable of playing that game to play this game also...

but from experience Dvd + Are Far Better Than -,

I burned 60 games onto a +r and -R each. Every disc worked except for 4 +R's. Also I had laggy loading with a few games like MySims when using +R. I also think -R's maybe be better for the wii's laser, but that might be rumour.

Each to their own...

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats interesting about the laser, any source for that?
And come to think about it mysims was pretty laggy, if thats a real word lol

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
only source is my neighbour, who is an arcade technician and has modded probably 20+ different consoles, aswell as my wii, and countless psx and ps2's, so knows a bit about the lasers...

But having ripped over 60 games and burned them, all myself, in various conditions, i must say that even the wii SOUNDS better when reading the -R discs. it is very noticable to me between the media after I have burned over 100 copies of games.

LeFloh

Trophies
XP
Country
France
System : Wii 3.1E
Chip : Wiikey 1.9g

The copy was written on Verbatim DVD-R Advanced Azo @ 4x.

Works well, but the update has added the two channels...
smile.gif

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for that, will have to take that into consideration!
Sorry About the posting, off topic i know, but will be trying ssbb on my pal wii with wiikey and 3.1e and 1.9g as soon as uberspeed is done, but prob after work now cos start in an hour
frown.gif

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did the following procedure for my NTSC-U Wii + 1.9g and ended up with a normal Wii, no duplicated channels.

0. Update Wii to latest version through online.
1. Patch the ISO with RegionFrii.
2. Burn the ISO at 2x with IMGBurn and verify turned on.
3. Patch the SAME ISO with Brickblocker (so now it's RegionFriied AND Brickblocked)
4. Burn the second ISO at 2x with IMGBurn and verify turned on.
5. Pop in the first burned disc.
6. Update to ~10-15%, pull the plug.
7. Pop in the second burned disc.
8. Works perfectly.
9. Throw away first disc, it's useless now.
Wait, are RegionFrii and Brickblocker necessary for the 15% trick? And you don't need them for the regular dual channel method, right?
wacko.gif

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
RegionFrii is NOT needed at all for people with a wiikey. Follow these instructions exactly (minus RegionFrii)and you will have no problem whatsoever. Brickblocker is necessary for the second disc that you burn

if you burn the ISO without any alterations, and run the update, you will get dual channels and be able to play the same.

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RegionFrii is NOT needed at all for people with a wiikey.  Follow these instructions exactly (minus RegionFrii)and you will have no problem whatsoever.  Brickblocker  is necessary for the second disc that you burn

if you burn the ISO without any alterations, and run the update, you will get dual channels and be able to play the same.
Thank you.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no