Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
System- PAL
Chip-Wiikey
Update change anything other than the obvious, (Dual channels)- No
Problems with the game- Other than the errors, nope.

Also, IT WORKS FINE IN 60Hz MODE, JUST WAIT A WHILE EFTER THE BLACK SCREEN AND IT WILL START!

whats your wiikey firmware? 1.9G?

and must the game update? if you use brickblocker to get rid of the update does the game still work?

How did u manage it with 60Hz??? for me it doesnt work at all!

sprayacti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
System- PAL
Chip-Wiikey

Also, IT WORKS FINE IN 60Hz MODE, JUST WAIT A WHILE EFTER THE BLACK SCREEN AND IT WILL START!

and must the game update? if you use brickblocker to get rid of the update does the game still work?

mrbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
System- PAL
Chip-Wiikey

QUOTE(CUBEpro @ Feb 2 2008, 11:10 PM)
HOW TO GET IT TO WORK IN 60Hz MODE FOR PAL USERS

1. Start the game in 50Hz mode and go to settings
2. Choose the icon with a screen displaying a "D"
3. Turn that option OFF
4. Restart Wii and turn on 60Hz
5. Start the game and wait for a while, the black screen will disappear!

Sola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
System- NTSC-U, version 3.1U
Chip- WiiKey 1.9g
Update change anything other than the obvious, (Dual channels)- Extra channels after update
Problems with the game- Error #001 unauthorized device
frown.gif

Has anyone encountered the Error #001 for SSBX and found a solution? I've redone the 1.9g update and played around with the settings in WiiKey Config 1.3. Do I need to do anything to the image before I burn it?

I feel with you mate...got the same error with my Wiid-Chip and don't know a solution
frown.gif

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
System- NTSC-U
Chip-Cyclowiz 3.6Beta
Update change anything other than the obvious, (Dual channels)- No (just Dual Channels).
Problems with the game- Everything works as described... No SSE or anything (First level works, and first movie works but after you complete the first level and screen turns black and freezes), about everything else works. Event Matches do work, that's a plus I guess.
Have yet to test online (I have no idea how to navigate menus because of the Japanese). Also, it takes a long time to load after the game boots (when it says Now Loading... with the spinning SSB logo) and some menu load times and level loads aren't as fast as I'd hoped, but it's not a problem at all.

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably already been done, but has anyone tried booting up the pirate copy of the game and then using the Prime 3 trick during the update, then trying to boot up the original disc? Does that make sense? People are saying that the disc only contains the DL support, yea? Is this a fact? I don't know, but this would be the best way to try.

Also, wouldn't reformatting your Wii cure the Double Channels? I mean, once the game comes out in all of the regions, there'd be no reason to play the Japanese version. So, save all your crap to an SD, then Reformat. It sounds like it'd work.

Olf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Metroid trick, from my recollection:

You need 2 burnt copies, one normal and one with a Wii brick blocker patch applied that cuts out the update.

Start the normal backup, let it update, and unplug the Wii's power at 10%-15% of the update.

Put in your patched backup and you should be good to go.

I don't think enough people have confirmed it working for me to try, but it seems to keep you from getting duplicate channels.

Thanks.
Does duplicate channels mess up anything else besides having several of the same channels?
Cause if it doesn't that method seems to be a lot of hassle for the small amount of grief it is against.

Eclipsing Binary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To burn this game (the single-layer ISO), I should use a regular DVD-R, right? No need for a DVD+R DL?

I plan to use Verbatim DVD-R at 6x burning speed, is this good? (The disc goes up to 16x)

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To burn this game (the single-layer ISO), I should use a regular DVD-R, right? No need for a DVD+R DL?

I plan to use Verbatim DVD-R at 6x burning speed, is this good? (The disc goes up to 16x)

Yeah, use plain old DVD-Rs... 4x is a good speed.

WiiBrickBlocker doesnt work on my pc and gives a error named (0xc0000135), so is there anyother program like it ?
No, don't use BrickBlocker... you have to do the update or the game wont work at all! It's no big deal, the only thing that it changes is the Dual Channels, it doesn't harm your Wii in any way (other than adding those two japanese channels).

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the metroid trick does work, and its exactly like Heran saied in his post.
Getting duplicate channels doesnt do anything besides that.
You just get two channels you cant delete. Nothing else

omegakyogre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
System- Wii Firmware 3.1U NTSC
Chip- Wiikey 1.9g
Update change anything other than the obvious- Nope.
Problems with the game- Nothing, really. I have only tried the Stage Builder, Coin Launcher, and Versus, but they all work without any problems or hiccups. The only notable things are the loading times, which seem to be about twice as long as they would normally be.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So Brickblocker doesn't work, but what about Regionfrii? Do I have to change it to USA NTSC? Thanks in advance, love you all!

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
here is my config :
- PAL Wii 3.1E
- Wiikey 1.9g
- iso burned on DVD-r verbatim (x4)
no brickblocker and no region free patch on the iso.
wiikey region free option enable

result : the game is working fine on 50htz (i tried all your tricks to get 60htz but no success T.T)

notes : the loading times are longer than normally, sometimes during a melee the action can lag
oh, and finally you should put OFF the "screen option" with a D symbol, that improved my picture quality !

no dre error or bricking, happy smash bros until the pal version !
(just to know guys, do you prefer brawl or melee? after my test i found that melee had a faster gameplay...it's an impression or it's because the dump is not perfect?)

Pigiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brickblocker works your just missing something.
You pretty much dont have the latest Microsoft Framework installed.
Click on this Microsoft Framework Version 2.0 to download it. If that doesn't work Try version 3.5.
Should work with only version 2.0 though.
Also if your using vista it's not gonna work.
frown.gif

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys this may have been answered before. But do i HAVE to have 1.9g or can i try it with 1.9b? Btw my wii firmware is 3.1E. wud be very greatful if u cud answer this.
Thanks alot!

EDIT: Dont worry just found the update to 1.9g CD.
happy.gif
!!! Waitin for brawl to extract taking ages LOL

aresaypay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. burn untouched iso
2. put disc in and do metroid prime 3 15% update trick
3. burn iso that's been brick blocked and region free and use that one
plays VS mode fine, no extra wii channels

Legalto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is only meant for those who have gotten it to work, but I feel like this is relevant. Could you guys mention whether you got it from the azumi torrent, rapidshare, or usenet. I don't want links. I just want to know where you got it from since there are lots of people confirming that it works but not saying which one. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.