The Right Brain vs Left Brain Test

do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

• Clockwise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Counter-clockwise

• I'm an idiot and I don't know what "clockwise" or "counter-clockwise/anti-clockwise&q

• Total voters

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is Madness !
Got it rotating clockwise all the time then i scrolled down so i could only see the shadow and then it worked the other way round for me... scrolled up with still focusing on the shadow and then on the real foots and finally got the whole figure spinning around anti-clockwise for a sec, then it went back O.o

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
wtf apparently i just changed or something because when i first looked at it it was spinnig clockwise but then i scrolled up a lil bit and it was suddenly spinning counter-clockwise lol whats up with that?

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I'm very closed-minded.

I can't think of any possible explanation why it would spin another way from which you see it..

To me, it looks as if the dancer is turning toward her back, or right side, "Clockwise?"

NormenKD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can "change" the direction that i see
biggrin.gif

And what do i have to answer now?^^

Edit: voted counter clockwise, because that was my first impression....

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out why the logic thinkers see the picture as rotating counter-clockwise. Logically that's the only direction that makes sense! And the reason for this lies in the reflection/shadow. The reflection/shadow spinning foot should only appear when that foot is furthest from you, logically speaking. This sense of distance and real space makes you see it the other way. It doesn't make sense for it to show up when the foot is coming towards you, just when it goes away for you. So the brain realizing something like this on its own without you thinking about it is what makes this person the logic thinker.

So now try this if you can only see clockwise. Block you view of the girl ENTIRELY(like with your hand or a paper or something) and stare only at the reflection/shadow. And come to realize that the rotating foot should only appear when the foot is away from you from a logical standpoint. Once you realize that's how it should work the reflection/shadow should suddenly be spinning the other way. Slowly introduce yourself to the rest of the picture and it should be spinning counter-clockwise as well. At a certain point it will probably return to spinning clockwise again, but if you repeat the steps over and over again you should soon see the whole thing spinning counter-clockwise.

Hope this all made sense, I'm really interested in figuring things like this out. Because that's just the kind of person I am...
rofl2.gif
Anyways... enjoy trying this out.
smile.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Counter-clockwise at first, couldn't get it to go the other way for a while but finally managed.
tongue.gif

Now can't get it to go the other way again unless I look at something else for a while.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, very weird.
I thought I saw it rotate counter clockwise at first, so I looked down to read the replies, looked back at the picture and it was rotating clockwise!
wtf.gif

now no matter how I look at it, how deep, how long, etc. I still see it rotate clockwise!
I hate this feeling, it's like you don't even know yourself! heh
I did that too (except the other way around)! But now I can change it if I focus REAL HARD. But when I look away, it's back to clockwise.

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
I got counter-clockwise first but I can see both. It all depends on where your looking at. looking everywhere else made her rotate counter-clockwise but when I look at her arms and hands, she started spinning clockwise. The perspective is what changes the direction for me. A view from the top and a view from the bottom.

Cairpre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was ridiculously frustrating. I only got it going counter clockwise for a second, but at least I know I can do it.

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An easy way to switch directions is to use your hand or an object to cover up everything above the ankle of the lower leg.
Make sure you're covering the entire extended leg so that you don't see it spinning.
Now focus on the foot that's not covered and imagine it changing directions. Once it does, remove your hand or object covering it, and it'll be in the opposite direction!
Pretty trippy the first time I did this. Now I can do it at will without having to cover it up!
The key point is to focus on the lower foot and at the point where the foot is not pointing left or right, but towards the back (where you can't see the extended foot, just the back of it), that is when you can make it change directions.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Right Brain

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Also:
QUOTE said:
Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

I can't
frown.gif

I see the other side, and I can't turn to the other side either... =(

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, one hell of an awesome test.
laugh.gif

I voted Clockwise since it was what I saw first. But I was able to change it to counter-clockwise.

...Amazing what the Human brain can do.
tongue.gif

Awesome too.. Kinda like you're controlling her with your brain.

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1826767-REG/apple_mvv83ll_a_11_ipad_pro_wifi.html?sc_src=e...