Gaming The PSP FAQs thread!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Because some of those cheats you've enabled are bad. Enable them one by one until you find the problem codes and then delete them from your cheat database.

kire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have used search features at some psp forums but cant find what i am looking for.
i have been trying to find all the plugins for the psp so i can see what i can do, so far i only find some like the cheat.prx, cheatpops.prx, remotejoy.prx, and cxmb.prx, i know there is more but it is difficult to locate them all

or
what plugins are you guys using?/ what are the most useful plugins?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kire said:
i have used search features at some psp forums but cant find what i am looking for.
i have been trying to find all the plugins for the psp so i can see what i can do, so far i only find some like the cheat.prx, cheatpops.prx, remotejoy.prx, and cxmb.prx, i know there is more but it is difficult to locate them all

or
what plugins are you guys using?/ what are the most useful plugins?

Erm... you could just google "PSP plug-ins"? I use popsloader, hold, and cwcheat.

Pythagora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Slim & Lite Piano Black version of the psp, and I wonder whenever or not I will be able to hack it.
unsure.gif

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a PSP with a broken UMD slot (can't read UMDs). I want to see if I can play UMD movies on it, but it says you have to have a UMD in the slot for that to happen. Can I still play UMD videos off of the memory card without physically having a UMD in the slot, since it won't be read anyway?

kire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stryker412 said:
Is there anyway to organize the ISOs and PSX games in their own category? So instead of flipping through all the games, have a folder/icon that says PSP and all the games listed under that.

actually there is a .prx plugin that lets you separate them into categories it is called "game_categories_revised _v3"
the readme tells you how to set it up

penone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Went to gamestop today to see about getting a used PSP but ran into a bit of a road block since the used one are not in the original packaging. What I can see is the serial number on the side and that ends in 2001. Any hints as to how I can tell from the serial number on the side if it is a CFW capable PSP or not?

Thanks!
-P

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
32Mb of extra RAM, decent D-pad, better battery life and screen and TV Out > IR Port

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
penone said:
Hey all. Went to gamestop today to see about getting a used PSP but ran into a bit of a road block since the used one are not in the original packaging. What I can see is the serial number on the side and that ends in 2001. Any hints as to how I can tell from the serial number on the side if it is a CFW capable PSP or not?

Thanks!
-P

Probably not, just ask if you can inspect the PSP then take the battery cover off and look at the date code. Say you're looking for defects or something.

penone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried that with gamestop but they wouldnt open it for me unless i purchased it. they said if something was wrong i could always return it. they did have a white darth vadar psp and from what i can gather that one can be modded. can anyone here confirm?

Kbs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
penone said:
tried that with gamestop but they wouldnt open it for me unless i purchased it. they said if something was wrong i could always return it. they did have a white darth vadar psp and from what i can gather that one can be modded. can anyone here confirm?
Yeah every white darth vadar psp can be hacked.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To install .ctf theme:

1. Download the plug-in called CXMB
2. Extract the file and place into root of your MS0:/
3. Put the theme file (any name you like. Just google .ctf themes for PSP) under MS0:/PSP/THEME/
4. Enable cxmb.prx in Recovery Menu (under VSH)
5. Go to Settings -> Theme Settings -> Theme to select your CTF themes
6. System will reboot to take effect

Do you have to do these steps every time you want to change themes?

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So, there's basically not much difference in buying a PSP fat or a slim that can be unlocked, right?

But I'm posting with other thing in mind. Can someone post a shot showing the exact place where I can check the motherboard version?
I'm thinking about buying the blue one that comes with madden [because no one buys it around here] but I need to be certain that I can unlock it... Because PSPs pretty expensive around here >:

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, why can't .isos be read by non-CFW PSPs? I mean, what's going on that prevents that, if games can be downloaded from the PSN store? I have a Slim 2001 with M33-6, but I'm just curious, and it seemed like a 'FAQ'-type of question.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
They're not properly encrypted and in possession of an Official Digital Signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...