War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, really? So now the Daxter packs have 3k's in them? I'm sure there's still Daxter packs with PSP-2ks in them though...

Well anyway, you might just wanna try a different store or ebay.

TannyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHHH SORRY

I was actually confused with the Ratchet Pack, must've been blind to mix those two up!

I just got the Daxter pack. I havent unpacked it cause I first wanted to correct my mistake here, but I'm hoping its okay

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's all identical apart from the system info which will have the M33 suffix.
UMD's are not influenced by cfw, nor is playing online using a UMD.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@Tanny: Yeah, that makes sense. All the Ratchet packs have a PSP-3000. We've known that for a while.

@skyman: There won't be any difference whatsoever, other than the fact that it will say "m33" in the system information section. And he'll be able to play .isos and homebrew.

@xcdjy: That's right, it still can't be hacked.

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ty xist and war
biggrin.gif

TannyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as I said before I got the Daxter pack, and Ive had a chance to unpack and fool around with it, and it works deliciously
smile.gif

So I can advice to look for the remaining Daxter packs

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to organize the ISOs and PSX games in their own category? So instead of flipping through all the games, have a folder/icon that says PSP and all the games listed under that.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
As far as I know, you cannot. The only thing you can do is arrange the order in which games appear. So you could have all your PSX games together, then PSP, then homebrew.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes...all old style fat consoles can have CFW put on them (Current firmware is irrelevant but if you're on a low one you may have alternative options outside a Pandora...you only start running into trouble with the newer slims which have a TA-088v3 mobo and of course the PSP 3000.)

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
As far as I know, you cannot. The only thing you can do is arrange the order in which games appear. So you could have all your PSX games together, then PSP, then homebrew.

How do you do arrange them?

asdfguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey. I'm going to buy a PSP soon and I need a few clarifications:

1) Going to be looking for a 2000 bundle, which all are 'safe' bundles? The FAQ says the Daxter and GoW bundles right? What about the Star Wars bundle? And there are also other bundles available I think?

2) What do the boxstyle codes mean? I mean the 'G' code means that there is a high chance for it to be a TA88v3 Mobo, but anything below that should be safe right?

3) And a quick checklist. To install CFW I'll need:
a) PSP Slim
b) Pandora Battery
c) MSPD to make a Magic Memory Stick (atleast 128 MB)
d) MSPD to put ISO's on (4 GB)

Anything I should look for while buying the PSP? Any manufacturing dates/codes on the box to make sure that it is hackable?

Thanks a lot guys!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
asdfguy said:
Hey. I'm going to buy a PSP soon and I need a few clarifications:

1) Going to be looking for a 2000 bundle, which all are 'safe' bundles? The FAQ says the Daxter and GoW bundles right? What about the Star Wars bundle? And there are also other bundles available I think?

If I were you, I wouldn't be too picky and just go with one of the "safe" bundles. Although it's not guaranteed that the "safe" bundle will be hackable at all.

2) What do the boxstyle codes mean? I mean the 'G' code means that there is a high chance for it to be a TA88v3 Mobo, but anything below that should be safe right?
It should be.

3) And a quick checklist. To install CFW I'll need:
a) PSP Slim
b) Pandora Battery
c) MSPD to make a Magic Memory Stick (atleast 128 MB)
d) MSPD to put ISO's on (4 GB)

Anything I should look for while buying the PSP? Any manufacturing dates/codes on the box to make sure that it is hackable?

It's mostly up to luck now. The more you wait, the less likely it will be to get a hackable PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello