obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I'm renewing a SCPH-30004R PAL PS2 (GH-015) and I'm facing a very weird issue (looks like I'm attracting them :D).

When the console starts, the background is not animated and the console language is English.

I can change language (I live in France so french it is) but it goes back to English when I restart.
Furthermore, I cannot set clock. When I open the configuration menu for date and time, I cannot change the values (it stays stuck to 01/01/2000 00:00).

What I tried :

• I changed the battery for a new 2032 => no change
  • I measured voltage on the battery holder's pins : 3.3V
  • I tried to press cross + square on the menu but => no change
The console hosts a modchip (Modbo 5), but :

• When I disable it => no change
  • When I unsolder it => no change

So it seems it is not causing the problem.

I'm a bit out of ideas, I'm very open to yours :)

Thank you

Regards,

Benjamin

Last edited by obibann,

obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Timer/EPROM chip seems to be correctly powered (PS2 unplugged) :

1643037549827.png

Reactions: zfreeman

spellforce7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
the date and time stuck happened to me on my 3 ps2 fats too when i changed the battery but it started working after little time. just wait alittle bit and it will work.

obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like it could be more serious than I thought.

The clock problem occurred on another of my PS2 (I switch of the power line when I don't use it, and the battery eventually died). However, the problem is not the same. Only clock settings are reset, the console kept language for instance. Moreover, I had the clock stuck on this one too, and the trick you sent worked fine.

But on the PS2 related to this thread, it's worse. Even though the battery is new, clock keeps stuck and even language is not kept if I restart (so the console is not unplugged). Looks like a chip might be corrupted ? Which one could it be ?

Thank you

obibann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn I fixed it !!!!

You'll never gonna believe it ... A resistor was not soldered at the right place !!

This motherboard can host 2 types of EEPROM + CLOCK. IC416 or IC 405 + IC 406 (they split EEPROM and Clock for some reason on some models). Mine has IC 416.

And if you look at the manual :

1643886125872.png

The resistor was soldered on R603 !! I moved it to R602 and BINGO MAMBO !! It works.

I don't know what the former owner did with this PS2, I just hope he did not switch other components for fun ...
Or maybe a factory error ?

So, I hope this could help others with the same kind of problem.

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Damn I fixed it !!!!

You'll never gonna believe it ... A resistor was not soldered at the right place !!

This motherboard can host 2 types of EEPROM + CLOCK. IC416 or IC 405 + IC 406 (they split EEPROM and Clock for some reason on some models). Mine has IC 416.

And if you look at the manual :

View attachment 296416

The resistor was soldered on R603 !! I moved it to R602 and BINGO MAMBO !! It works.

I don't know what the former owner did with this PS2, I just hope he did not switch other components for fun ...
Or maybe a factory error ?

So, I hope this could help others with the same kind of problem.
Congrats! I'm glad you figured this out.

Reactions: obibann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM