• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 147,061
  • Replies 370

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i installed this and looks to be working, BUT i didnt run the IOS downgrader 1st. so how can i tell if the preloader installation works. i have set my wii to region free, so just pop in a PAL disk? or are there any other checks i can do.

also which of the hacks setting allows for the disc check to be shipped . i.e. the 002 error?

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious, has anyone had a BRICKED wii, then used preloader to get back into the wii and FIXED up ur wii??? i have preloader2.9 installed but i don't have cIOScorp ...anyone reccamend that hack?

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another "stupid question", how can i refresh my hacks, put a new hacks ini on sd and then its done? There's nothin about in the readme!

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so ive burned PAL punch out and removed the update and made NTSC region. burned it and when it boots i get the blue screen #002 error. my question is, is my preloader installed and setup correctly. like i said above i did not run IOS downgrader (there is no mention of doing this in the preoloader nfo) so why do i need to do this anyway. i thought with the hacks.ini file you could remove checks like Diag disk check and Disk area check? do i have that right i can play burned games and i wont see any #002 error - or is this not how preloader works. if so what exactly are those options for disc checks?

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KtroopA, when it's started after install then you are fine, otherwise the install canceled if you have the wrong ios!

D

Deleted User

OP
azorpatch said:
I get this error preloader "failed to get root, fakesign fixed ios(36)"

Anyone knows a fix? I had a wii on 4.0U and after a long struggle I managed to get it to downgrade to 3.3U

Meh, as said in the guide, "you should have either a 4.0U or 3.2U with trucha-bug ios. Don't know what it is? Check Homebrew Starter's Guide, Firmware section!"

KTroopA said:
ok i installed this and looks to be working, BUT i didnt run the IOS downgrader 1st. so how can i tell if the preloader installation works. i have set my wii to region free, so just pop in a PAL disk? or are there any other checks i can do.

also which of the hacks setting allows for the disc check to be shipped . i.e. the 002 error?

It doesn't work when the "failed to get root, fakesign fixed ios(36)" error comes out during the installation. No errors? You're set to go.

shipped or skipped? Regardless, you can't skip 002 Error. No one has developed that hack yet. If you wanna fix the error, you can do these:
1) Install all ios in the "NewIOS-NFS" package (It's floating around the net)
2)Get the latest cIOS
3)Get one of the loaders that fix 002 Error

kleptodathief said:
just curious, has anyone had a BRICKED wii, then used preloader to get back into the wii and FIXED up ur wii??? i have preloader2.9 installed but i don't have cIOScorp ...anyone reccamend that hack?

Do you mean having preloader installed before the brick? Or is it after the brick? The latter is impossible.

CIOSCORP, if you want info on that one, read Homebrew Starter's Guide, Thank you!

QUOTE(_Alex_ @ May 19 2009, 09:46 PM) Another "stupid question", how can i refresh my hacks, put a new hacks ini on sd and then its done? There's nothin about in the readme!
What do you mean "refresh"? Put new hacks or what?

If it's putting new hacks, simply open up teh old hacks.ini, put the new hacks in and apply those hacks inside the Preloader menu

QUOTE(KTroopA @ May 19 2009, 10:27 PM)
ok so ive burned PAL punch out and removed the update and made NTSC region. burned it and when it boots i get the blue screen #002 error. my question is, is my preloader installed and setup correctly. like i said above i did not run IOS downgrader (there is no mention of doing this in the preoloader nfo) so why do i need to do this anyway. i thought with the hacks.ini file you could remove checks like Diag disk check and Disk area check? do i have that right i can play burned games and i wont see any #002 error - or is this not how preloader works. if so what exactly are those options for disc checks?

Bold 1 = It's to downgrade your IOS into a fakesign-able state. With that, you could install Preloader.

Bold 2 = Diag Disc Check and Disk area Check are different. They're not fixes for 002 Error or anything of the like.

bj4e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
quick question.

I had preloader v.29 on my Wii and have used it multiple times, but this time it's not loading so I might be completely screwed.

I'm at 3.2U with Cioscorp v2 installed

D

Deleted User

OP
bj4e2 said:
quick question.

I had preloader v.29 on my Wii and have used it multiple times, but this time it's not loading so I might be completely screwed.

I'm at 3.2U with Cioscorp v2 installed

What's not loading? Your autoboot or Preloader?

bj4e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
after i installed a csm with mymenuify, it went to a pink and green/black screen. I push A and the wiiremote connects but when holding reset like i usually do, nothing happens. this is a first time and I tried looking for an answer but nothing anywhere.

D

Deleted User

OP
bj4e2 said:
after i installed a csm with mymenuify, it went to a pink and green/black screen. I push A and the wiiremote connects but when holding reset like i usually do, nothing happens. this is a first time and I tried looking for an answer but nothing anywhere.
Of course nothing happens. You have to hold reset, then press the power button. See if that helps
smile.gif

bj4e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I know that I have to hold the reset button, I have done it before. This time it's like it doesn't want to work

D

Deleted User

OP
bj4e2 said:
I know that I have to hold the reset button, I have done it before. This time it's like it doesn't want to work
It is as if preloader is removed.........................

Weird, try re-installing Preloader. Sorry I'm not much of a help. Other dudes, help this guy out, I'm out for school

Roger, and out!

bj4e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I would if I could but I'm just stuck at this pink and black/green screen.

Edit: fixed with savemii!!!! Thank you TT

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the guide, it worked for me. I'm at 4.0U so I followed the 4.0 instructions.

Now a friend of mine may want to install the preloader. He's using 3.4U, though, with HBC already installed. He tried to install a cIOS to get a USB loader working, but was getting an error. Then I suggested that he install Preloader before continuing in case something happened since I heard the Preloader is handy in the unlikely case of brickery - but then I noticed that the instructions only cover 3.2 and 4.0.

If it must be 3.2U or 4.0U, which would be simpler? (Now I know everything's simple for some of you guys but bear with us, we're semi-n00bs.) Is it simpler to downgrade to 3.2U, or use the normal/official upgrade to 4.0U, or upgrade to 4.0U by some other means?

D

Deleted User

OP
JonLeung said:
Thanks for the guide, it worked for me. I'm at 4.0U so I followed the 4.0 instructions.

Now a friend of mine may want to install the preloader. He's using 3.4U, though, with HBC already installed. He tried to install a cIOS to get a USB loader working, but was getting an error. Then I suggested that he install Preloader before continuing in case something happened since I heard the Preloader is handy in the unlikely case of brickery - but then I noticed that the instructions only cover 3.2 and 4.0.

If it must be 3.2U or 4.0U, which would be simpler? (Now I know everything's simple for some of you guys but bear with us, we're semi-n00bs.) Is it simpler to downgrade to 3.2U, or use the normal/official upgrade to 4.0U, or upgrade to 4.0U by some other means?

For me, it's easier to do on 3.2U. You're supplied with the hacks.ini creator, thus, the end hacks.ini file could not go wrong. So, downgrade your friend's Wii to 3.2U and follow the guide
wink.gif

QUOTE(2yugimoto @ May 22 2009, 01:44 AM) preloader is way too complicated

And this guide are to help you to install Preloader.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi afif95,

1) You mentioned in the guide that to look out for "Force Disc Region" and "Disc Area Check". Do you mind explaining what do they do? And why do you mention to be careful with it?

2) Could you explain what is IOS Reloading and Move disc channel too?

3) If i have preloader, I can still install bootmii right?

Thanks for answering and helping!

Livy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just about to install preloader. after updating to 4.0 and cios corp.

what hacks do i need to install.
and why are there more than one hack for the same thing?

Cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries