Gaming The official "I got SSBB" thread

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soooo..nobody that has official ssbb has said yet....does the usa version update if you've already done the jap update / 15% trick? inquiring minds want to know

Renegade_R said:
Shoppers Drug Mart has apparently broke the release date today here in Canada.

lol yep, i just called there and they have 4 copies...@$49.99

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I heard, I know the ones in Toronto did. And only the big Shoppers Drug Marts actually carry games.

Edit: Shit, I'm tempted to go out in this storm and pick up a copy and a switch to install on my Wiikey.

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
Renegade_R said:
From what I heard, I know the ones in Toronto did. And only the big Shoppers Drug Marts actually carry games.

Edit: Shit, I'm tempted to go out in this storm and pick up a copy and a switch to install on my Wiikey.
Im guessing you're near toronto too? I'm hoping the storm calms down so i can go grab a copy, but not a chance the way it is now
wacko.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gah the one near my place (5 minute walk) isn't going to be selling it till tomorrow. Now there's no way I'm gonna go out in this blizzard. Anyways, considering the release of a new dumper, maybe we'll be seeing a dump very soon.

Edit: It was Yonge and College St. if you guys wanted to know.

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
Renegade_R said:
Gah the one near my place (5 minute walk) isn't going to be selling it till tomorrow. Now there's no way I'm gonna go out in this blizzard. Anyways, considering the release of a new dumper, maybe we'll be seeing a dump very soon.

Edit: It was Yonge and College St. if you guys wanted to know.
Whatever I'll wait till tomorrow i guess and hopefully get my pre0ordered copy from EB. Thats if the snow isn't going to stop me from opening my door by tomorrow morning
blink.gif

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
awdofgum said:
lol it's just raining here in florida, well not anymore, it's a bright sunny day
biggrin.gif
Lucky
mad.gif
. Its been snowing for over 24 hours straight here and doesnt show any signs of slowing down.

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,I got mine to play. After countless times of trying to turn it on it finally worked. I have to say even though I played the JAP Version, I wouldnt feel right if I didnt buy the real english one. This game is incredible.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beanman25 said:
Well,I got mine to play. After countless times of trying to turn it on it finally worked. I have to say even though I played the JAP Version, I wouldnt feel right if I didnt buy the real english one. This game is incredible.
you lucky bastard
nyanya.gif

why do you taunt the brawl-less?

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, not brawl-less for too long. Playing this game in Japanese although great, does this game no justice. I can't wait to brawl online with you guys.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Y-you got it working beanman25!? What chip do you have? Ugh, I bought SSBB off eBay and later threads and posts appear saying that it won't run on Wiikey... why!? Even if an update fixes it, the Wiikey team isn't exactly the quickest...

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Openwii with the newest firmware. Not sure if the chip was causing anythingbut Ive been playing nonstop since it started working.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn! I might look for an installer to install an Openwii and switch to my Wii keeping the Wiikey, or I may just replace the Wiikey all out. Oh well, have fun Brawlin'.

J

Jackreyes

Will the Wiikey play the backup of this game in JAP?
because then... if its going to play the backup of US version then you could go out, buy it and dump it (or get the dumped version from the internet cos it'll be dumped soon...)
And that, in the UK, is legal.
I don't know about America though.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
MahouMaster said:
Damn! I might look for an installer to install an Openwii and switch to my Wii keeping the Wiikey, or I may just replace the Wiikey all out. Oh well, have fun Brawlin'.
Just reprogram the Wiikey to Openwii? Is that possible?
unsure.gif

J

Jackreyes

Me no think so lol
I just did some browsing.

Edit: Although... an admin on openwii.org said...
QUOTE said:
Wiikey firmware prevents original SMG from booting.
And I don't think SSBB works on it.

But if you have a Wiikey, you can actually flash OpenWii onto it.

Sounds promising.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
MahouMaster said:
Just reprogram the Wiikey to Openwii? Is that possible?
unsure.gif
I'll look that up, I reeally hope that I can, Openwii is regionfree, right?

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Great! I just looked up on how to convert the Wiikey snd it requires opening up the Wii and changing wires... anyone know any installers in Melbourne that can convert it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1