Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,084,343
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeveraCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
Ok guys...whew...lets see if this works...the direct download link to the database is in my sig...if you guys could test it out to see if it works that would be great...any feedback is appreciated, unless its insults then, I don't want your crap...but anyways, if you guys can test it, that will be great...

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

*oh and ill update the link as fast as narin posts the updated database and when i have time to update the link...that is if the link works at all...>.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NeveraCore said:
The Viztard said:
Ok guys...whew...lets see if this works...the direct download link to the database is in my sig...if you guys could test it out to see if it works that would be great...any feedback is appreciated, unless its insults then, I don't want your crap...but anyways, if you guys can test it, that will be great...

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

*oh and ill update the link as fast as narin posts the updated database and when i have time to update the link...that is if the link works at all...>.

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
ragde said:
So is there a way to convert the xml file into a supercard usable file
read the "Credits and Help.txt" within the zip file to see which file to use.
"Supercard
cheat.xml (unencrypted)"
I don't have a supercard but i guess you just have to put that file in the proper place on your card.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
NeveraCore said:
The Viztard said:

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

ragde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omarroms said:
ragde said:
So is there a way to convert the xml file into a supercard usable file
read the "Credits and Help.txt" within the zip file to see which file to use.
"Supercard
cheat.xml (unencrypted)"
I don't have a supercard but i guess you just have to put that file in the proper place on your card.

Well i tries the cheats folder but nothing. Any other idea.

Tonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a cheat.dat file on my system folder for my R4 for a long time now, I did the firmware upgrade, the r4custom patch to the _DS_Menu.dat file, and put the new updated cheat.dat file from 05-13-08 into my system folder. On all of these steps, I deleted everything first, and then put the new files in place.

The issue I'm having is that the only cheats that are showing up at all are the ones that the previous cheat.dat had. The new file is in the system folder, the old one is no where to be found.

What am I doing wrong?

guyveroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2 questions.
1) What's the file size of the Cheat.dat that is currently in your R4?
2) Do you have the UserCheat.dat in also?

If you do have the usercheat.dat try deleting it first.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tonk said:
I've had a cheat.dat file on my system folder for my R4 for a long time now, I did the firmware upgrade, the r4custom patch to the _DS_Menu.dat file, and put the new updated cheat.dat file from 05-13-08 into my system folder. On all of these steps, I deleted everything first, and then put the new files in place.

The issue I'm having is that the only cheats that are showing up at all are the ones that the previous cheat.dat had. The new file is in the system folder, the old one is no where to be found.

What am I doing wrong?
Delete both the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat file as well as _DS_Menu.SYS file in the root. then upload the new cheat.dat to the _system_ folder.

Tonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Tonk said:

What am I doing wrong?
Delete both the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat file as well as _DS_Menu.SYS file in the root. then upload the new cheat.dat to the _system_ folder.

I've tried all that already. No good. I even do boots of the R4 inbetween clearing it all out, and adding the new Cheat.dat file. When I boot without the cheat.dat, it shows no cheats. I add the new file in to the system folder, and it only shows cheats for the games I had cheats for before. Very weird.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tonk said:
Narin said:
Tonk said:

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried all that already. No good. I even do boots of the R4 inbetween clearing it all out, and adding the new Cheat.dat file. When I boot without the cheat.dat, it shows no cheats. I add the new file in to the system folder, and it only shows cheats for the games I had cheats for before. Very weird.
Well, not every game has cheats and some games haven't changed, but the cheat dat has a lot more games in it and a lot more codes for a lot of different games. At any rate, all I can say is delete the cheat.dat file and just use the USRCHEAT.DAT file without the cheat.dat file. The R4 seems to handle cheats and load a little faster if the cheat.dat is empty or missing and using USRCHEAT.DAT for the cheats.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonk said:
Narin said:
Tonk said:

What am I doing wrong?

Copy the entire contents of your microSD to your computer. Format the microSD, copy everything back.

You probably have severe fragmentation of the microSD. That could cause problems. If some files don't copy......you have corruption.

kire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't format the r4. what you do is get the memory card copy everything in it to a folder into your computer, once that is done click start, click computer and find your card. then right click the memory card and find FORMAT, let it do it's thing and there you have it you formated the card.
then just copy everything back to the memory card and it should work fine.
gbasp.gif
hope it helps

CuteChocobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Narin for continuing Rayder's legacy!

Just want to throw in this cheat request again, trying my luck.
Is there cheat code for Power Pro Kun Pocket 9 and 10?

I can translate the Japanese -> English, but just don't know where to find the codes!

Tonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kire said:
You don't format the r4. what you do is get the memory card copy everything in it to a folder into your computer, once that is done click start, click computer and find your card. then right click the memory card and find FORMAT, let it do it's thing and there you have it you formated the card.
then just copy everything back to the memory card and it should work fine.
gbasp.gif
hope it helps

Still not working. WTF, honestly.

NeveraCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
The Viztard said:
NeveraCore said:
The Viztard said:

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back