Hardware The name "Switch" sounds a bit ghetto

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the font they used for the Switch logo is way too plain & boring. They should have made a custom & more exciting recognisable font for that. The simple 'switch' controller logo and animation is great and gets across the point well though, I reckon.

I have no issues with the name. Any name that is chosen must translate well internationally, which is easier said than done. I guess Switch is OK (?) for non-English speakers without causing too much issue but I think both the word and the font is not visually distinctive or 'new' and 'different' enough visually.

Rena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the name Switch seems a little cute?? Don't know just me, at first I found it odd like every new thing but then I learn to love it a bit.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...or like a shortened form of the Nintendo Bait-and-Switch. It's just a tablet with some doodads that stick on the sides. I mean there is nothing REALLY new, not even a gimmick like a headache-inducing autostereoscopic 3D display. Or shitty stylus-centric gameplay. Maybe they'll have voice control: "Siri, move Link 3 paces to the left."

Let's see how many times they can rebadge and repackage the same dumb games from the late 90s over and over on this console.
Wii sounds worse....

Reactions: Deleted User

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because Xbox One and PS Vita is such a better name, right? :lol:
When you consider that it can be shortened to "XBone," it's a pretty terrible name overall. The only thing that surprises me is that Nintendo didn't name one of their consoles Switch earlier, considering it comes from their most well-known franchise, Mario. It does make the most sense when you can actually "switch" from one gaming mode to another with this console, though.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AncientBoi might be interested lol +1