The Meta Quest 2 VR headset will be getting a $100 price hike next month

djnkasmkrskl;f.png

Many consider the Meta Quest 2 to be an affordable, entry-level VR headset, but customers might change their minds about that, because Meta is instituting a price increase on the Quest 2. The baseline 128GB model normally retails for $299.99, and the 256GB version is $399.99, but "starting in August", the price will go up by $100, bringing both models to $399.99 and $499.99, respectively. Meta's reasoning behind the change is to "help invest for the long term, and keep driving the VR industry forward", with prices also increasing on refurbished models and even Quest 2 accessories. Those that purchase a headset following the price hike will be given a copy of Beat Saber for free.

:arrow: Source

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking of getting the 256GB model along with my new computer, but I guess I'll just skip the Quest 2 and avoid VR for a few more years! Fuck Meta and Zuckerberg, this is giving me yet another reason to abandon Facebook once and for all

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of getting the 256GB model along with my new computer, but I guess I'll just skip the Quest 2 and avoid VR for a few more years! Fuck Meta and Zuckerberg, this is giving me yet another reason to abandon Facebook once and for all
Seems more like an excuse but whatever floats your boat.

I don't agree with the price hike at all. It definitely seems like standard corporate greed.

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
Facebook has like 85% market share (Sony is in second with 5%), so they don't need to sell at as much of a loss as they were. What they were doing is called "product dumping", and now that they have a monopoly on VR, they don't have to do it any more.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried the Quest 2 and it was so dang uncomfortable. No thanks.

Still using my CV1... wish it wasn't Facebook though. I don't regret it, but I hate their grubby info stealing hands getting all over VR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi