MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright people, things have gotten way out of hand as of late. Everyone keeps asking when MENUdo will be released, what features it's gonna have, etc. People have also been complaining because there's a hundred-and-some pages, with only a little info. Well, that's because of you flamers. It's also the creation of...

The MENUdo FAQ

Let's get right to it. Note that I'm not a beta tester, so I don't know the specific details of MENUdo, but here's a compilation of what the general public knows so far:

MENUdo's features (in no specific order):

+A card menu replacement - Homebrew-only, with the exception of one card. Said card is unknown at this time.
+mPlayer - MP3 Player
+mPlayer - Movie Player
+mExplorer - File Explorer
+mSettings - System Settings
+mShortcut - Shortcuts
+mNavigate - A ps3-inspired navigator, with ipod-like stylus controls
+mPulutan - Online features, according to SoulAnger
+Video/screenshot previews for homebrew
+Shrink - Multitasking.
+Whiteboard - A place for notes, drawings, etc.
+Robust skinning system
+YSMenu compatibility (As far as I know, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Here's a quote from SoulAnger about Shrink:
QUOTE said:
SHRINK MODE:
"An unannounced feature in MENUdo.
A unique feature that allows you to multitask on MENUdo by pressing the L button anytime you want on the main menu, etc. On shrink mode you are able to access features such as shrinked version of -secret app-, -secret app-, and -secret app-. The top screen will contain the feature called "Whiteboard". The Whiteboard can contain short notes and drawings. Which can be easily accessed anytime with the help of the shrink feature.
NOTE: Multitasking is much like how MoonShell/MoonShell2 multitasks where you can play music and look at picture or play music or even navigate through the menu. But hopefully with less lag then MoonShell's."

There is one demo available here, but it's Soul's old Neoflash Competition entry. It's called the Coffee Sabaw Demo. It's old, but it'll show you what MENUdo will look like.

Questions:
QUOTE said:
Q: What is MENUdo?
A: MENUdo is a homebrew application made by SoulAnger, a Filipino programmer. It was programmed 100% in PALib, and it's not released just yet. This application is meant to be a menu alternative for most cards, and will be the official firmware for one card. Which card that is is unknown at this point.

Q: Will it work on my card?
A: Probably. It's definitely gonna need DLDI patching, and it'll only load commercial ROMs if you have the one specific card Soul is making it for, in which case it'll be the official firmware for said card.

Q: Can you point me in the direction of a leak or -
A: No.

Q: When will it be released?
A: As soon as it's ready to be released. There's no official release date, but my guess is Q3 or Q4 2009.

ShadowEO's Anti-Noob Q&A:
QUOTE said:
QUOTEQ: Does it loadzors my roms?
A: Yes/No, Yes: You must buy soulanger's official flashcart; No: It will not run roms on any other flashcart (R4, M3, SCDS, SCone, AK2, etc.) without the use of YSMenu which must be run as an application afaik.

Comment: I don't wanna use it if it doesn't load my roms.
Answer: This project was not meant to load your damn roms, it was meant to launch homebrew and combine features of several different current but unupdated homebrew into one unified application. It was not meant to be a new fancy, shiny looking rom loader for you, if you want that, use MoonShell 2 and YSMenu and STFU. Thank you

Q: Why are you guys getting so emotional over this.
A: Because, We've had too many people being assholes because they want it released now instead of when soulanger wants it to be. It's not the user's place to demand releases, It is the developer's choice to release it. IMHO, The homebrew should have a licensing system for users to get a key to use it and people who were being impatient or impertinent and demanding the released of a unfinished program shouldn't be able to retrieve said key simply because those who think they have the right to demand release shouldn't have it at all.

Q: Well, I think their should've been a beta release a long time ago.
A: Well I guess your wrong aren't you, when it comes to homebrew development, you have no right to demand anything, There are two types of beta testing, There is no rule of programming that says you must release the beta of your application to the public. Just because most people do doesn't mean that everyone has to do so. It is at the developers descresion whether or not to make it closed beta or open beta. Techinically there was a open beta release. It's called Coffee Sabaw. Before you even post any question about menudo or comment, please read the project thread to make sure that your question/comment has not already been addressed, I know that it's 112 pages but I implore you, do read because it saves you a flaming from us beta testers.

Q: I don't care what you say, This is faek!!
A: There you have it people, the classic example of a noob who needs his ass kicked by the MENUdo mafia. If you honestly think this is fake, how would you explain the videos of it from different people, are you calling soulanger and tinytmonkey a liar? I sure hope not for your sake. Once again, think before you post, It might keep you outta trouble.

-- END Shadow's Q/A

Thank you, That is all. That should keep any flamers/idiots/self-centered brats away seeing as I just made a Q/A for almost everything and anything they said in the other forum.

OH I almost forgot, One more:
Q: Why are you such an ass, Shadow?
A: Because I can, deal with it. >:O

Yeah, not much so far. If you have questions, ask them here and I'll try to get answers. Do NOT spam, flame, or troll in this thread. I want absolutely no "omg when is it coming out", "this suckz", "way to go!", or any other posts of the like. This is strictly for questions and answers. Do not ask a question if it's already been asked in this thread, as asking again won't get the answer any quicker. Toni, or another mod, please lock this thread if it gets out of hand.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It won't have YSMenu compatibility. People in the MenuDO thread asked for it, but it won't have it. Why would anyone buy the cart it's actually for if it had YSMenu compatibility? It will only have ROM loading capabilities on one cart through official ROM loading code from the cart's developers.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t3hell said:
So basicly this is just Moonshell Stable?

No where close to moonshell. Also Thank you again skyline for creating this thread. Your pretty active aren't you
wink.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowEO said:
t3hell said:
So basicly this is just Moonshell Stable?

No where close to moonshell. Also Thank you again skyline for creating this thread. Your pretty active aren't you
wink.gif
Hey, since I first found out about MENUdo, I've wanted to contribute in some way. Since I can't be a beta tester, I needed to contribute some other way. This is just my way of cheering on SoulAnger.
smile.gif

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: What information is released to the public?
A:

+A card menu replacement - Homebrew-only, with the exception of one card. Said card is unknown at this time.
+mPlayer - MP3 Player
+mPlayer - Movie Player
+mShortcut - Shortcuts
+Shrink - Multitasking.
+Robust skinning system

Q: Anything else?

Q: Release date?
A: Unknown

This thread in a nutshell
tongue.gif

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
what year?
Just for you LxTrix, because of your constant blumbering about release dates. here is the year for you: 9999, for everyone else, it's ready when it's ready.

QUOTED from BrianKealing:
/end quote
According to all of us, not just soulanger. It's already been confirmed that there are online features, It is not a supposed feature, it is a confirmed feature.
Oh also, BrianKealing: I love your Se7en MSHL2 skin, it's beautiful and it captures the beauty of Windows 7, but look up the official RC wallpaper next time you update it, it's wallpaper has a picture of a japanese beta fish. That is my one suggestion, other than that, I find your skin beautiful.

On Another Note:

Q: Does it loadzors my roms?
A: Yes/No, Yes: You must buy soulanger's official flashcart; No: It will not run roms on any other flashcart (R4, M3, SCDS, SCone, AK2, etc.) without the use of YSMenu which must be run as an application afaik.

Comment: I don't wanna use it if it doesn't load my roms.
Answer: This project was not meant to load your damn roms, it was meant to launch homebrew and combine features of several different current but unupdated homebrew into one unified application. It was not meant to be a new fancy, shiny looking rom loader for you, if you want that, use MoonShell 2 and YSMenu and STFU. Thank you

Q: Why are you guys getting so emotional over this.
A: Because, We've had too many people being assholes because they want it released now instead of when soulanger wants it to be. It's not the user's place to demand releases, It is the developer's choice to release it. IMHO, The homebrew should have a licensing system for users to get a key to use it and people who were being impatient or impertinent and demanding the released of a unfinished program shouldn't be able to retrieve said key simply because those who think they have the right to demand release shouldn't have it at all.

Q: Well, I think their should've been a beta release a long time ago.
A: Well I guess your wrong aren't you, when it comes to homebrew development, you have no right to demand anything, There are two types of beta testing, There is no rule of programming that says you must release the beta of your application to the public. Just because most people do doesn't mean that everyone has to do so. It is at the developers descresion whether or not to make it closed beta or open beta. Techinically there was a open beta release. It's called Coffee Sabaw. Before you even post any question about menudo or comment, please read the project thread to make sure that your question/comment has not already been addressed, I know that it's 112 pages but I implore you, do read because it saves you a flaming from us beta testers.

Q: I don't care what you say, This is faek!!
A: There you have it people, the classic example of a noob who needs his ass kicked by the MENUdo mafia. If you honestly think this is fake, how would you explain the videos of it from different people, are you calling soulanger and tinytmonkey a liar? I sure hope not for your sake. Once again, think before you post, It might keep you outta trouble.

-- END Shadow's Q/A

Thank you, That is all. That should keep any flamers/idiots/self-centered brats away seeing as I just made a Q/A for almost everything and anything they said in the other forum.

OH I almost forgot, One more:
Q: Why are you such an ass, Shadow?
A: Because I can, deal with it. >:O

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@OP,
Well, this is ingenious, isn't it?! I wondered how long it would take one of you to do this.
mad.gif

Mod "freezes" MenuDo thread created by developer due to all of the trash & nonsense posts (mainly generated by a select handful of posters (hint, hint) to reach 100+ pages). All this thread achieves is to kick off from where the other thread had been frozen with total crap
excl.gif

.....shhh, what's that I hear?? Toni thumping down the corridor to LOCK this thread!! This is a prediction, not a request (but it would be the best result for all).

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually we could have this thread locked after it's completed.
Then it can't turn into a flame post and it's available for all to read.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Useless topic ever.

Reasons:
1) You just "reopened" a closed thread, so to speak.
2) People are idiots.

Plus, I'm tired of you menudo fanboys. Please stop doing FAQs, WIKIs and bumping topics.

It's an unreleased homebrew. There's nothing to document.

It's a closed beta. There's nothing to discuss, unless you're a tester.

You're just creating hype and starting possible flame wars. Wanna show the project status? There are hundreds of free hosting services out there. Just find one, install a forum/CMS for everyone to see and that's it.

All I've seen so far is a topic with 110+ pages, no actual data and a whole lotta "OMGZZZ CAN I HAS RELEAZE DATES", "Menudo sucks dick" and such. I'll make this very clear: I'm not interested in this app but I have nothing against soulanger and his work. This is not about him. This is about a bunch of people making noise about something that it's not even complete. Do whatever you want..once it's finished.

You probably won't even listen to what I've just said. Meh, I could not care less.

PD: Yeah I know, I've just bumped a topic about menudo. Ironic.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If this thread becomes too much spam and flaming, I'll ask Toni to lock it via PM. I'll do it myself, so nobody has to worry. However, I strongly urge you all to keep your pointless comments to yourselves. This FAQ is for questions ONLY, not speculation or flaming. That includes these people who have already posted pointless comments (sorry for singling yous out, but it's gotta be done):

Briankealing:
QUOTE said:
Q: What information is released to the public?
A:

+mPlayer - MP3 Player
+mPlayer - Movie Player
+mShortcut - Shortcuts
+Shrink - Multitasking.
+Robust skinning system

Q: Anything else?

Q: Release date?
A: Unknown

This thread in a nutshell
tongue.gif

Dark^'^Knight:
QUOTE said:
@OP,
Well, this is ingenious, isn't it?! I wondered how long it would take one of you to do this.
Mod "freezes" MenuDo thread created by developer due to all of the trash & nonsense posts (mainly generated by a select handful of posters (hint, hint) to reach 100+ pages). All this thread achieves is to kick off from where the other thread had been frozen with total crap

.....shhh, what's that I hear?? Toni thumping down the corridor to LOCK this thread!! This is a prediction, not a request (but it would be the best result for all).

Pendor:
Useless topic ever.

Reasons:
1) You just "reopened" a closed thread, so to speak.
2) People are idiots.

Plus, I'm tired of you menudo fanboys. Please stop doing FAQs, WIKIs and bumping topics.

It's an unreleased homebrew. There's nothing to document.

It's a closed beta. There's nothing to discuss, unless you're a tester.

You're just creating hype and starting possible flame wars. Wanna show the project status? There are hundreds of free hosting services out there. Just find one, install a forum/CMS for everyone to see and that's it.

All I've seen so far is a topic with 110+ pages, no actual data and a whole lotta "OMGZZZ CAN I HAS RELEAZE DATES", "Menudo sucks dick" and such. I'll make this very clear: I'm not interested in this app but I have nothing against soulanger and his work. This is not about him. This is about a bunch of people making noise about something that it's not even complete. Do whatever you want..once it's finished.

You probably won't even listen to what I've just said. Meh, I could not care less.

PD: Yeah I know, I've just bumped a topic about menudo. Ironic.

EDIT: And Pendor, you obviously are just randomly flaming. This is a closed beta, meaning there is plenty to inform the public that might not be released in any other way. This is NOT a discussion thread, this is a FAQ thread, for informative purposes only. Why would I start a site for MENUdo if I'm not the creator of the app itself? Soul can do that himself when he feels it's necessary. And as for forums, what the hell do you think you're on right now? And I don't know what you mean about "FAQs", there is no plural form. This is the only MENUdo FAQ, Soul's original MENUdo topic is more of a discussion thread which was SUPPOSED to be for suggestions and progress updates. However, flamers and people like you running their mouths turned it into a flame war. This is not a replacement for Soul's MENUdo topic, it's merely a thread to collaborate all of the information about the homebrew application as Soul doesn't have time to do it. I'll do my thing, you keep your pointless comments to yourself.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You still don't get it.

I won't post in this topic anymore, so please read what I've said before. This is not about menudo. This is not about soulanger. It's about all these hype and expectation you're building.

QUOTE said:
This is a closed beta, meaning there is plenty to inform the public that might not be released in any other way

There is no "informative purposes". Even if you testers DO know something, you can't say it withouth his aproval. See? Nothing new. Nothing informative. The last topic is a year old and introduced just one or two things to the public. It will be the same over and over. This topic's title should be "I'm testing menudo and you're not (and I can't tell you anything about it)".

QUOTE said:
This is NOT a discussion thread, this is a FAQ thread

Discussion =/= FAQ?

There is no FAQ without discussion. Check again what does "FA" stands for.

This is not a replacement for Soul's MENUdo topic, it's merely a thread to collaborate all of the information about the homebrew application as Soul doesn't have time to do it. I'll do my thing, you keep your pointless comments to yourself.

Again. What information, besides reposting what is already public? One year. Nothing new.

For the last time: I'm not randomly flaming, i'm not flaming menudo or soulanger, like everyone else. I'm flaming you.

And I still think this topic is totally pointless.

Enough.

I'm outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.