Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hell yea, ikr ;)
I dont think mine was any higher than 60 bucks
Gateway took a long time to bring out updates when it first launched, clones started to surface such as the MT-Card, adding support for multi-ROMs so you never had to stick with one game in the first place. :P

And then they bricked everyone's expensive consoles, turning them into paperweights if they bought GW legitimately.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway took a long time to bring out updates when it first launched, clones started to surface such as the MT-Card, adding support for multi-ROMs so you never had to stick with one game in the first place. :P

And then they bricked everyone's expensive consoles, turning them into paperweights if they bought GW legitimately.
i remember the gateway only supporting one rom at a time, but when I got mine, it was with the 9.0-9.2 exploit and it was already fixed.
However, I remember there was some kind of "Playstation vs XBox" war here with the Pro-Gateway3DS on one side, and Pro-Sky3DS on the other. Sky supported multi-rom long before Gateway, but you had to browse the rom list one at a time, with a loading time of like 10 seconds between every rom file.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBATemp Sh*tposter Deluxe
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i remember the gateway only supporting one rom at a time, but when I got mine, it was with the 9.0-9.2 exploit and it was already fixed.
However, I remember there was some kind of "Playstation vs XBox" war here with the Pro-Gateway3DS on one side, and Pro-Sky3DS on the other. Sky supported multi-rom long before Gateway, but you had to browse the rom list one at a time, with a loading time of like 10 seconds between every rom file.
Sky3DS arrived about a year after Gateway, it natively supports up to 11.0 iirc without doing any permanent modifications or exploits. The original Sky3DS had a limit of up to ten games and would force you to buy another cart. However, people found ways around it before the (+) model arrived.

Reactions: Noctosphere

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When gateway first came out it was the absolute only way to play backups, they had a complete monopoly before sky came out

Those of us who bought gateway did it because we wanted to play the awesome games coming out - initially it didn't support a lot of games but it got better

I still remember dumping a bunch of headers from my friend's legit games so I could play smash and mk online

Great memories

• Love
Reactions: impeeza
Trophies
XP
online.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country