Homebrew The "Is This Possible?" Thread.

Wulfre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here is a bit of an issue -- though I'm pretty sure I screwed myself:

My only entry was ironhax.
I am running an o3DS on system 10.0.
My ironfall is version 1.1.

Up until this morning, everything was working fine. I must have messed something up though, while messing around with HANS or svdt.
When trying to load ironhax, the screen freezes for a few seconds with the last message being "ropbin is ready," then the game crashes.
Is there some way that I can force ironhax to use a local ropbin file from my SD card and override the one that is specified in the save?

Reactions: Margen67

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, here is a bit of an issue -- though I'm pretty sure I screwed myself:

My only entry was ironhax.
I am running an o3DS on system 10.0.
My ironfall is version 1.1.

Up until this morning, everything was working fine. I must have messed something up though, while messing around with HANS or svdt.
When trying to load ironhax, the screen freezes for a few seconds with the last message being "ropbin is ready," then the game crashes.
Is there some way that I can force ironhax to use a local ropbin file from my SD card and override the one that is specified in the save?
No. Delete the save, reinstall, try again.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Could game updates/patches (which are ignored by HANS) be converted into hacks and loaded by HANS that way?
Would this even be worth looking into, or is someone working on getting HANS to load updates properly?

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Browserhax is "blocked" through DNS. If you disconnect from internet, suddenly the nag disappears and you can use the browser again. So this nag is really, really thin. The way to do it is:
1. setup browserhax in your PC or laptop with the yellows8's sources of browserhax at github with a web server with php like XAMPP.
2. launch your phone's (android) wifi acces point but make sure your phone can't access internet (disable data).
3. configure the 3ds and the pc to connect to your phone.
4. find what is your pc IP address inside this new network and start XAMPP.
5. visit browserhax using this link http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/YYY/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php (where xxx is the pc's ip address and yyy is the route you laid the files in xampp
6. ???
7. profit

And my question is:
Does newest ctrulib allows to port scummvm for the 3ds? Or would it need kernel access?
is it really working?
because it seem hard to setup

Last edited by dradonhunter11,
D

Deleted User

Idiotic me overwrote my Themehax today, and I don't own CN, don't own OoT3D, Tubehax is dead, it's an o3ds, and Browserhax wont work because of the stupid DNS.
Anyone have an idea of how I can reinstall it? I'm in UK, if someone could borrow me their copy of Oot3D with OotHax on I'd be forever grateful :D

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
is it really working?
because it seem hard to setup

After some research it did get rid of the update nag. But a second nag appeared. This time is a "You can't use the browser in this network right now"(Sorry dave I can't let you do that.) It's funny because it actually lets me reset the browser, cookies and everything. Sorry to dissapoint y'all.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some research it did get rid of the update nag. But a second nag appeared. This time is a "You can't use the browser in this network right now"(Sorry dave I can't let you do that.) It's funny because it actually lets me reset the browser, cookies and everything. Sorry to dissapoint y'all.

So, in other words, it's not worth trying because it won't work. Lovely.

Guess I'm completely fucked when it comes to getting themehax on, and I may as well just update this fucking thing with as useless as it is for homebrew launcher.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for SCUMMVM? I know there was one on the DS, but I don't have a flash card for that anymore courtesy of my washing machine. If I knew anything about coding, I would port my own, but I don't know the first thing about any of it. I'm programming illiterate.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Reviving this thread from the dead for a rather stupid question - is it possible to play a game through download play without updating your console to the latest firmware? How does Download Play work?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Is this possible?
Can sum1 make a hax method to boot the hbl, by using games that access data from the SD card?
Like for example in ORAS, an exploit is made which looks like a battle video, and when it is opened, it boots the hbl?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...