Status
Not open for further replies.

Y05h1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm really curious, where is the internet underground? And by that, I mean, where does all the shady stuff take place...

Anyone thinking /b/, yes, it's pretty weird stuff, but I'm looking for worse. Like, the internet's black market and stuff.

I'm not looking for child pr0n. I'm not looking to buy myself a chinese wife. I don't want to see people getting tortured, and having their eyes gouged out... but I'm incredibly curious, where does it all take place?
unsure.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Y05h1 said:
I'm really curious, where is the internet underground? And by that, I mean, where does all the shady stuff take place...

Anyone thinking /b/, yes, it's pretty weird stuff, but I'm looking for worse. Like, the internet's black market and stuff.

I'm not looking for child pr0n. I'm not looking to buy myself a chinese wife. I don't want to see people getting tortured, and having their eyes gouged out... but I'm incredibly curious, where does it all take place?
unsure.gif
I believe if somebody was to tell you, it wouldn't be on this forum. Most of the 'underground' is really inapporpriate to link to.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Deepnet. That stuff isn't on google. They only way in is through crime groups and a few rough newsgroups.
P.S Don't talk about that stuff here. Not appropriate.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do want to get into carding? Have fun when you drop the soap in jail. There's a reason why most of those people don't get caught because they're in internet cafes in Nigeria.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a human is rather expensive and well lets face it, a fleshlight is both cheaper and is legal.... lol

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know of some private torrent communities that use another site as a front. When you go to the URL it just shows a generic site about a product or so, and there's a search bar where you have to type your username and password in and then click Search. Then you'll log into the actual site
smile.gif

That's about as far as my Underground knowledge goes
tongue.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would say, consider yourself lucky that you don't know of such places.
Don't pry, it could cause some unnecessary things to happen, you know.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how long this link will stay up before it gets censored, so get it while you can.

It actually all gets organised by the people running the site here.

Guard this link with your life. I hid it in the word "here".

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Protokun7: those guys are worse than the mafia! 0.o
FTR, what I said was just speculation.
OP: why on earth did you want to know anyway?
GBAtemp us the wrong place for that stuff. Legal only. We want it to stay alive.

Y05h1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for all the replies, I wasn't necessarily looking for links
yay.gif

I was just interested in knowing what others know about the subject. As it stands, it's probably pretty hard to access. If it's hard to access, the user base would also be pretty limited. And if the number of people is small, I don't see it as necessarily thriving... On the other hand, if there was a large number of people using it, word would definitely get out, and it would soon get shut down.

I guess? I don't know, how far does the law extend when it comes to the internet?

@ThePowerOutage: Just looking for an interesting discussion
happy.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
International regulations give governments the right to censor or shut down any site that is in breach of international laws and prosecute their owners (usually starting with an extradition to bring them to court). In reality, you don't often see it happening because for every site that's brought down, 10 will pop up in its place (one famous example, divx.com, which allowed users to upload their video files for people to stream.. too many copyrighted videos ended up there, so they shut it down, however there are a multitude of replacement sites now for the purpose of uploading and streaming copyrighted content). Also the number of people actually prosecuted for their websites is rather low, since all they have to do is shut down the site to appease the lawyers and open up a new site under a new alias.

As for the "Underground" of the internet... it's there, and there are many people involved. It's not small, but it's not as impressive as the media would like to believe. Private newsgroups, private networks, private websites, and a big slogan along the lines of "if you're not smart enough to find us, you don't belong here" ... or on the internet for that matter. It's not some hive of criminal activity or some training grounds for cyber terrorists - just a system for like-minded and fairly talented internet users to hang.

The real criminals wouldn't let themselves be identified so easily as to let themselves belong to a "underground" society. Now if they did, and if they did try spreading some evil plots or schemes, that's exactly where books are made - bending and exagerating the truth and playing on people's darker sides, all within the realms of fiction. Too bad my one attempt to write such a book ended up 30% corrupted and I've never had the motivation to try and rewrite everything that's lost. That's Karma for you.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
/b/ used to be funny with all of its inanity but now its full of stupid 14 year old kids.

The real crazy stuff is out there on Freenet, I2P, Tor nodes, darknets, and of course, old deprecated media like Usenet (not the binary places).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.