Hacking The infamous (please help thread)

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have not been in the Wii Mod scene in a long time and I recently took the ownership of a friend's Wii that I modded back in the day with the Twilight Hack. It's currently running on 4.3U and I do not see a Homebrew channel no longer on it. I am wondering what I need to do to get Homebrew Browser back on it and update it to play the latest burnt games. Please do not just send me to a link and say "Go here", a little more assistance would be appreciated.
  • I downloaded Mod Mii but I do not know where to begin and I did follow the instructions on this website. I tried to Re-Mod my wii and say it was a virgin, but it is requiring games I do not have and I don't necessarily need to completely re-mod it correct?
  • I tried to download HackMii 0.8 and I played the boot.elf/bootmini.elf/wiiload on the root of my SD, but nothing showed up in the SD section of my Wii menu.
  • I mainly want to play any new Wii games (Donkey Kong, Micky Mouse, Micheal Jackson, etc.), so I just need to get Homebrew installed with Wad Installer and update the cIOS? I can't figure out how to get Homebrew installed since it theoretically is not longer "Homebrew Browser". Help?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when using modmii all I do is act as if every wii is a virgin
Then follow the on screen steps

Even if I have some stuff already installed I just overwrite it.

Also you will need one of the games to run the 4.3 exploit

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soopa said:

So, even though I am already modded and just need to update, I have to RE-MOD it?

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ModMii to install the following:[*]HackMii Installer[*]BootMii SD Files[*]Homebrew BrowserI then followed the instructions to do the following:[*]Copied to the COPY_TO_SD folder, then copied the files within that folder to the SD card (which is formatted FAT32) and I inserted it into the Wii. [*]Then I went to the SD card icon on the Home screen and it's empty. [*]Then I tried to check the Channel/Save Game sections in the data management section but it is also blank.Does this mean I have to re-mod the Wii or am I doing something wrong?

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go rent super smash brothers brawl, that's probably the easiest game to find. You need a game based exploit to install the homebrew channel on 4.3

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ltfx said:
soopa said:

So, even though I am already modded and just need to update, I have to RE-MOD it?

you're not modded any more, that's where your understanding is failing you.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
ltfx said:
soopa said:

As he said, the 4.3 update removed the Homebrew channel, overwrote or stubbed probably all of your cIOS, and blocked exploits that allowed you to add the Homebrew channel easily. Borrow or rent a game to get it done (or actually BUY a game!).

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
sweenish said:
ltfx said:
soopa said:

As he said, the 4.3 update removed the Homebrew channel, overwrote or stubbed probably all of your cIOS, and blocked exploits that allowed you to add the Homebrew channel easily. Borrow or rent a game to get it done (or actually BUY a game!).
Thanks for the assistance, I really appreciate the help.

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have it modded with the Homebrew channel, now what do I need to do to get the game to run from the Homescreen?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ltfx said:
Alright, I have it modded with the Homebrew channel, now what do I need to do to get the game to run from the Homescreen?
In order to run disc games off the Wii's Official Disc Channel you either need a modchip installed or a complete invasive softmod solution like DARKCORP. I don't believe you have the former, correct me if I am wrong, and I don't think the latter will be your cup of tea as a beginner to softmodding.

What I recommend that you do is use a USB Loader, or a Disc Loader. CFG Loader and Neogamma are great examples of each respectively. You can use ModMii to install these and update your cIOS now that your have HBC installed on your Wii. If you don't want to use ModMii, you can install the Loader of your choice and update your cIOS manually as well. Either way, just read up on the basics in the forums so that you get a better understanding of the options available, and a general idea of what you are doing. A great resource is the Complete Softmod Guide, it has various sections on all things sofmodding. This way you shouldn't get stuck, but if you do, you'll be in a better position to ask for help.

-[]D

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
ltfx said:
In order to run disc games off the Wii's Official Disc Channel you either need a modchip installed or a complete invasive softmod solution like DARKCORP. I don't believe you have the former, correct me if I am wrong, and I don't think the latter will be your cup of tea as a beginner to softmodding.

What I recommend that you do is use a USB Loader, or a Disc Loader. CFG Loader and Neogamma are great examples of each respectively. You can use ModMii to install these and update your cIOS now that your have HBC installed on your Wii. If you don't want to use ModMii, you can install the Loader of your choice and update your cIOS manually as well. Either way, just read up on the basics in the forums so that you get a better understanding of the options available, and a general idea of what you are doing. A great resource is the Complete Softmod Guide, it has various sections on all things sofmodding. This way you shouldn't get stuck, but if you do, you'll be in a better position to ask for help.

-[]D

Thank you, I followed the guide supplied by ModMii and was able to get everything working. Just wondering though, is their any different from using Darkcorp and Neogama? I know Neogama you have to enter Homebrew first, I just want to be able to insert the game and play!
frown.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ltfx said:
Thank you, I followed the guide supplied by ModMii and was able to get everything working. Just wondering though, is their any different from using Darkcorp and Neogama? I know Neogama you have to enter Homebrew first, I just want to be able to insert the game and play!
frown.gif
HUGE DIFFERENCE. When you use a loader program like Neogamma, you are using just one IOS, in most cases Waninkoko's cIOS249. The loader forces the game to run off that cIOS instead of the IOS that the game would normally use itself. Using a loader you can leave the official Nintendo IOS pure and unpatched.

In order to run back-upped games from the official disc channel, you need to patch every single IOS in the system that a game might use. This is very invasive and some believe can cause problems as all the IOS are patched with custom code, creating more chances for errors to occur. There have been many threads over problems that people have experienced due to the drastic changes that DARKCORP and its predecessor CIOSCORP make. Don't get me wrong, DARKCORP is a great mod, but due to its nature, I would not recommend it to those beginning in the hobby until they have a solid understanding of what it does to their Wii. General rule of thumb applies here, the more advanced the task, the more advanced the understanding needed to undertake it.

-[]D

ltfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
ltfx said:
frown.gif
HUGE DIFFERENCE. When you use a loader program like Neogamma, you are using just one IOS, in most cases Waninkoko's cIOS249. The loader forces the game to run off that cIOS instead of the IOS that the game would normally use itself. Using a loader you can leave the official Nintendo IOS pure and unpatched.

In order to run back-upped games from the official disc channel, you need to patch every single IOS in the system that a game might use. This is very invasive and some believe can cause problems as all the IOS are patched with custom code, creating more chances for errors to occur. There have been many threads over problems that people have experienced due to the drastic changes that DARKCORP and its predecessor CIOSCORP make. Don't get me wrong, DARKCORP is a great mod, but due to its nature, I would not recommend it to those beginning in the hobby until they have a solid understanding of what it does to their Wii. General rule of thumb applies here, the more advanced the task, the more advanced the understanding needed to undertake it.

-[]D
Is their a way to get NEOGAMA on my home screen? I remember there was in the past, but I just came back to the modding scene (i have gotten everything to work, this is the last request). I'll skip the DARKCORP feature, but if someone can help me get the NEOGAMA right on my homescreen, I would be A-OK.

Thanks for the help btw.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ltfx said:
Is their a way to get NEOGAMA on my home screen? I remember there was in the past, but I just came back to the modding scene (i have gotten everything to work, this is the last request). I'll skip the DARKCORP feature, but if someone can help me get the NEOGAMA right on my homescreen, I would be A-OK.

Thanks for the help btw.
What you are looking for is a forwarder channel for Neogamma. There are many out there, you just gotta search for one that you like. A quick search produced a thread full of forwarders made by pepxl for many homebrew apps including Neogamma. You install the forwarder channel using any WAD installer and it will pop up a System Menu channel for Neogamma that will load it for you.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)