The Hori Pokkén controller

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,194
  • Replies 4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Never planned on actually buying it but after finding it for so cheap (only one in stock, no wonder) I went for it and now more than ever I enjoy playing the emulators on the PC because the controller (wired USB) is just perfect for them. It feels like I'm playing with a SNES-type controller made by Nintendo but it was produced by the highly praised Hori that many here surely know of. Very comfy and also very light-weight (no rumble though).

CkcHePyXEAAUdz-.jpg

I know, the design is super bland and tasteless (it's just white w/o any trace of Pokkén on the front whilst on the rear it has the sticker of the info) but I'm not looking at it, I use it to play games! :)

P.S. Haven't used it on Pokkén Tournament yet but will I bother to? Not really. I'd rather use a controller with an analogue stick than D-PAD only.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never planned on actually buying it but after finding it for so cheap (only one in stock, no wonder) I went for it and now more than ever I enjoy playing the emulators on the PC because the controller (wired USB) is just perfect for them. It feels like I'm playing with a SNES-type controller made by Nintendo but it was produced by the highly praised Hori that many here surely know of. Very comfy and also very light-weight (no rumble though).

CkcHePyXEAAUdz-.jpg

I know, the design is super bland and tasteless (it's just white w/o any trace of Pokkén on the front whilst on the rear it has the sticker of the info) but I'm not looking at it, I use it to play games! :)

P.S. Haven't used it on Pokkén Tournament yet but will I bother to? Not really. I'd rather use a controller with an analogue stick than D-PAD only.
Does it actually work on PC?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Dude nice! You said you found them cheap? Where did you get it?
It was online through a retailer called CeX. They upped the price a bit but still cheaper than the rest.

By the way, I recall chatting with a staff member of Hori as to why the Pokkén controller was a "must" and all he ever came up with is "It's the true arcade way to play Pokkén" but the issue with that is, that it's lacking an analogue stick which the game uses since it's in 3D a lot so therefore you can move freely anywhere in the stage (it's kind of small though) you want. Hori didn't do a good job marketing the controller. Oh well.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!