Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've been keeping up with it for a year or so.
Mother 3 has been out since April 2006 and it's a shame Nintendo hasn't given any confirmation to whether they're going to do something with the Mother series in America, or not.
Let us know already, dammit.
I hate not being sure whether there is going to be something in the future or not...

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and I didn't realize all of that background stuff too, like Nintendo's marketing jackasses holding this up. I can't imagine that regionalizing an already existing and hugely popular development would be shelved in favor of developing pieces of shit like Babar and Puzzle Bling part 9.

I hope they put it on Virtual Console. I would spend some Wii points on that.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and I didn't realize all of that background stuff too, like Nintendo's marketing jackasses holding this up. I can't imagine that regionalizing an already existing and hugely popular development would be shelved in favor of developing pieces of shit like Babar and Puzzle Bling part 9.

I hope they put it on Virtual Console. I would spend some Wii points on that.

I don't understand why Nintendo thinks that they're taking a chance, or whatever.
They release shit that hardly anyone buys, every week.

EarthBound will not be another failure if Nintendo decides to bring it to the VC - look at the community over at Starmen.net.
Maybe then Nintendo will listen if the EarthBound VC is a success. All those little 10 year old kids with their Wii's would love to play this game and it's quirky greatness.

Let's cross our fingers.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
but the longer they wait, the more you'll want it, and the more other people will want it.. and the more $$$'s they make!!

Yeah, that may be true.
And if it is, I'm shoving my foot up their ass.

I mean, damn, think of your fans and not your money so much, Nintendo (which, I guess is stupid from a business standpoint...)
You'll make a big profit and it will help you make your decision of porting Mother 3...which is a very small chance. I'm not going to be surprised if it's a 'no'...but this damn "suspense" is killin' me.

But once you think about it, GBA is about dead.
Why would they release a game on a dead handheld?

I guess the Mother series will just have to live on with the fans of it.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What'd I'd really want is a Mother compilation on the DS, even if it's just a straight port with no graphical improvements. And ENGLISH!

What? A man can't dream?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was certainly a great read. I really wish I could get the chance to play Mother 3 soon. I mean, I haven't even beaten Earthbound!

But once it hits the Virtual Console, oh yes, I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't see Earthbound being on VC soon.

It probably WILL but maybe not next year since the Wii is still riding high on the success of making games for the non-gamers. They probably release the games that everyone knows about first then start moving to the obscure ones. Then... just maybe... start to release the ones that got cancelled or was never released.

I was surprised to learn that the translator of Mother 3 also did Funimation One Piece translations.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Looking at the tons of manga and anime fan translations on one hand (some quite long), and all the ROM hacks out there on the other (some of them quite elaborate), I can't help wondering why a fan translation/hack isn't available yet.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
I can read Japanese personally, and have played through the English versions of Earthbound and Earthbound Zero, as well as the Japanese versions of Mother 1-3 (twice for Mother 2), so I'm not personally affected one way or the other, but I can't see why they couldn't have done a limited U.S./European release of Mother 3. Sure, the hype didn't work for Earthbound, but over time it became a cult game that more and more people who had never even heard of it the first time around (including me) were playing and praising. Phoenix Wright is much more difficult to localize for non-Japanese audiences, but they released it anyway. I actually thought they were crazy; I enjoyed Gyakuten Saiban, but I didn't think it was even possible to make it accessible outside Japan. Whaddya know, it became a big hit and quickly sold out the initial production run.

I'm not saying that Mother 3 would also be a hit (at least not to the extent it was in Japan), but they could have at least made it work, as long as they didn't set their initial sales expectations too high like they did for Earthbound.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice if they translated the Mother 1+2 gba cart also. then i could have all 3 on my flash cart.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
New update here:

http://mother3.fobby.net/2007/11/22/turkey-hacking/#more-198

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.