Hacking The hardware is not compatible

BamB.ie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yo evry1, seems like I've fallen for this common R4DS error =\ Any suggestions? The R4 worked fine until yesterday, so no kernel version probs, it just stopped today, then it worked again for a couple of hours and now (after the last reset) stopped again =( Always the same msg: !!! The hardware is not compatible. W8ing for some replies, even if I'm not too much positive about this... I didn't read about any1 who could fix this problem =D
10x and great site btw

pinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This error is normally associated with the wrong software installed on an english or chinese version of the card. e.g. you have the chinese version and have the english firmware installed or vis-versa.

The other issue maybe the software is corrupt, try to re-download and re-apply the software on your card.

Cheers

Pinky

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an English/Chinese kernel problem since he hasn't updated it before it started giving him errors and it seems to work intermittently.

My guess is that the SD card isn't making good contact with the R4. Does it give you the same error if you turn it on without an SD card inserted?

BamB.ie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not an English/Chinese kernel problem since he hasn't updated it before it started giving him errors and it seems to work intermittently.

My guess is that the SD card isn't making good contact with the R4. Does it give you the same error if you turn it on without an SD card inserted?

Without SD card inserted ---> "Couldn't find the SD/TF card"
With SD card insterted I can see the background image with the R4 Revolution logo, but i get this "The hardware is not compatible" error.

I tried to clean the contacts too, but nothing. Shld I try with some alchool?

XtenDSProgrammer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.... it should be clean without Alcohol. Try hitting your R4. Throw it on the floor, stamp on it, beat it with a stick. I got the Could not find SD error when the SD was working, and that is how i fixed it. it works if your ds does not recognize the card also.

good luck!

pinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Best suggestion is to "re-load" your kernel on the SD card, or format the card then re-load it. I don't see how bashing it will help

BamB.ie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you know, after the 5th time you format and reload the kernel on the SD card, the option doesn't seem so good =) I'm trying to get my r4 changed.

Lacedolphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different micro sd card. If you are getting to the R4 window then getting the error, it may be your memory card crapped out.

AKUC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it seems to me that it could be a few things:

1.) Bad MicroSD card (cheaper cards tend to give quirky errors that aren't easily solved.)
2.) Not properly formatted (make sure the microsd card is formatted to FAT32).
3.) Last of all, bad R4DS. It happens, just notify the place you bought it from ASAP and get it exchanged.

Recently I thought my R4DS died on me, but it turns out it was really the MicroSD card. Apparently the cheaper ones don't work so well with the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs