Hacking The Durability of Micro sd cards

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For something so small, it's amazing how durable these micro sds and sdhc are, this is considering how much arduous scraping you have to do to pull it out of the Cyclo
blink.gif

I keep thinking I'm going to break it.
I mean really you can eat the damn thing and not even choke on it.
I suppose it gets easier everytime you pull it out, but sometimes I wish it was like the R4 and just pops out.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will get a lot easier later on. And spring-loaded slots are bad because they tend to break.

And yes, microSDs are indeed a technological breakthrough.
tongue.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
O wait, so half of it was in your cart and you grabbed the other half?
unsure.gif

You're very close.
It was in a cell phone, and the metal sleeve it was inserted in looked hinged to me.
(indeed, the way the phone was shaped, it should have been hinged)
but sadly I was mistaken, overpowered it, and had to buy my friend a new microSD card.

blush.gif
I'm not a small guy.
I have a tendency to break itty-bitty things.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I can't see how they can fit 8GB of data in there, it truly is amazing. As for the loosening, it gets looser really fast, maybe one or two and already it became easier to pull out for me.
smile.gif
Now it's 16GB!
blink.gif
But I agree on how durable microSD cards are. When I got a hold of my first microSD I thought for sure it would be broken within a week, but it has stayed strong for years! There's a higher chance of losing such a small thing than breaking it!

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I can't see how they can fit 8GB of data in there, it truly is amazing. As for the loosening, it gets looser really fast, maybe one or two and already it became easier to pull out for me.
smile.gif
Now it's 16GB!
blink.gif
But I agree on how durable microSD cards are. When I got a hold of my first microSD I thought for sure it would be broken within a week, but it has stayed strong for years! There's a higher chance of losing such a small thing than breaking it!
seconded

Niteblood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the problem with microSDs isn't their durability, it's the fact that they're so damn small i keep losing em. I've lost a 2 gig, a 128 mb, a 1 gig, and a 512 mb micro sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...