Not open for further replies.

DS-X Guru

Part of the DS-X Team
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently un-aware if DS-X will release any source-code. However i do know that DS-X anticipates greatly to have and give support to the Homebrew community. I don't doubt that they will one way or another help Developers around the globe to get things done. I will be a lot happier once i can reveal more - don't think it doesn't annoy me to be so flaky about most things. I am usually quite direct.

@mars:
I am part of the DS-X Team; I am right now trying to get you guys some stuff answered, and will do support once the DS-Xtreme is released.

The price was not meant to be revealed so early - i pushed it to be said. And the ~6 Weeks Release date is also my estimate after counting together on whats left to do (or what i think is left to be done) until it (probably) hits shelves.

Indeed, i am on the lower end of the Team and hence, have much less say in things then a developer. So yes, consider me as bridge / Support, not as a Developer / Maker of the DS-Xtreme.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, think we are fine now. lets see what the future brings and how good the ds-x will compare to other cards.

regards, mars

BluepointVance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have one question and you may not have the answer yet:

Does DS download play (single cart) with other UN-FLASHME'D DSs work on the DS-Xtreme?

It's the thing I most hate about the M3 right now... I've never gotten a download play multiplayer game going against another unmodded DS.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a few questions.

DOES IT PLAY GBA GAMES...LOL i joke i joke.

But seriously
-is the build quality exaclty like the original DScart? and is the connecter fairly stable, looks pretty fragile from images.
-will the loader be able to be custom skined?
-will Music and Video run through the defualt loader or will we need moonshell on it [does moonshell work?]
-Is there a plasic/rubber cap gunna come standard with the package?
-any plans ATM for larger capacity cart or removable media cart from the team?
-will .sav files be the method of saving, is so that is great.
-How long has the team been working on this?

cheers, hope these arnt too many questions, and nice work on reaching out to the community, im sure this alone will increase the sales just bacause of contact with the team. If you guys keep up great contact here im sure you will get a good name on the scene
biggrin.gif

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
The release date seems to be variating on different websites. I hope i'll read a review here and there soon because I'm really looking into this
smile.gif

DS-X Guru, thanks for the kind answers!

alexp2_ad

Certified Smart Ass
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can it run Regular 'regular' DS games like all other cards?
Yes it can, and will not require any patching anymoreÂ
yaynds.gif
How good is the compatibility? And if it doesn't patch, how will you provide updates for games that don't work correctly? Will it have firmware updates instead?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
$125 (+ some shipping cost) is a fair price
wink.gif
, If you count all the money you spend on another flashcard + a descent memorycart + a passme (if you refuse to flashme) the shipping of all etc...
But that aside, I think the DS-X will be a great product and i can't wait to make a compatibility list (if that's needed).
I do hope saves are exchangebale with M3/Supercard/G6 (or whatever cart you use)

We all know in the future better products will come out (remmeber the time neoflash started there's
wink.gif
) but for the time being we have 2 products that will come as close as possible to use DS slot as source and not the gba slot.

DSLite and DS-X, and both will have there pro's and con's, personaly i think i will go for a DS-X, cause it will run clean roms, no patching required (we all hope) and no flashme required to BUT it will all come to the actual release when ppl have there hands on the dslite and ds-x then we will know wich the best is (let's hope both are as good, competition is always nice
biggrin.gif
)

DS-X Guru

Part of the DS-X Team
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I updated the first post with compatibility and battery life covered.

I sadly have to announce that the Q&A Session is over.

Regards, DS-X Guru

antihaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if it does not have gba suport? Most of you complaing already have a flashcart so just use that for gba games. Ummm duh!

r3z

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
GBA Support
No GBA support has been announced for the DS-Xtreme. Which doesn't mean it won't play GBA Games in all of it's lifespan, its just not been announced.

Homebrew
The 100% Homebrew Compatible statement was most probably miss-interpretation. It actually means "The guys behind DS-X are fully (100%) supporting the Homebrew Community" - Now i am not saying the DS-Xtreme is less compatible with homebrew then 100%, or more - I simply am saying the compatibility ratio on Homebrew has not been officially announced. However, i will most likely reveal more information on this in the following days.

I think these two points are very badly worded (to put the DS-X in a good light on the lack of compatibility which it probably doesn't provide compared to other cards), which is where confusion (and annoyance at the marketing slant applied) is arising.

Simply put: "GBA is not supported currently, but there is a possibility (no guarantees) that it may be able to run GBA software in the future."

And I thought the homebrew comment is quite funny.. could the DS-X in fact be more compatible than 100% - that would truly be unbelievable! Essentially, it seems to be: "It is hoped that DS-X will be fully compatible with homebrew and they will support the community to get their software working with this device (but it probably doesn't work directly with most homebrew in their current states)."

That's my interpretation anyway..

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
You will not require to Patch any Roms either, which means you don't have to wait for a Patch for a certain rom anymore, or wait on a firmware upgrade for your DS-Xtreme.
QUOTE(DS-X Guru @ Aug 12 2006, 04:16 PM)Can it run Regular 'regular' DS games like all other cards?
Yes it can, and will not require any patching anymoreÂ
yaynds.gif

What about Compatibility?
DS-X is currently hard at work to get 100% Compatibility - If there would be any issue with one or the other Game i am pretty sure DS-X would be releasing a Firmware update for the DS-Xtreme to get those Games working.

lmao...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)