the ds functionality on 3ds does not work

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I guess you could try my TwlBg replacement if others allow me to upload it. You need Luma3DS though, and TWPatch to patch TWL_FIRM to let me see why DS mode fails.

The problem with Nintendo's code is that it just hangs instead of displaying why it has chosen to hang, that's why my TwlBg replacement would be useful here for debugging why DS mode doesn't work.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you could try my TwlBg replacement if others allow me to upload it. You need Luma3DS though, and TWPatch to patch TWL_FIRM to let me see why DS mode fails.
A little background would be useful here. Is this not available somewhere else? Or not available in a form that will allow people to install it on their own?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little background would be useful here. Is this not available somewhere else? Or not available in a form that will allow people to install it on their own?
I assume it's a debug version of the file. I think TwlBg is the same file used when you make a widescreen patch. it's a cxi file iirc.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i guess im out of options, ill just order him another one

Sorry for the delay, I had some problems with my code.

I guess this is why big companies have PR people, as developers tend to say things in a way which people don't understand.

Download this to your 3DS SDCard as /luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi
Download this, install it on your 3DS, and follow these instructions to patch the kernel used in DSi mode:

1. open TWPatcher (purple Minecraft brick icon with Mario which says TWL in Comic Sans)
  2. once opened, hold down Y, press B, and release Y, which should open the patch menu
  3. hold down X, press A, release X, which should open a secret menu
  4. instead of turning your 3DS off, hold START for a second, release START, wait a few seconds, and you should see "Disk write"
  5. press B twice
  6. hold SELECT to exit
Now boot a DS game which doesn't work for you, and either make a screenshot, or try to describe what text you can see on the bottom screen.
It's normal that the top screen is absolutely garbage, it's unfinished.

Once you're done screenshotting/writing down the values, hold SELECT to reboot.

Last edited by Sono,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the delay, I had some problems with my code.

I guess this is why big companies have PR people, as developers tend to say things in a way which people don't understand.
I am intrigued by the possibilities here, but if this makes persistent changes to 3DS system files, would it be useful to know how to revert those changes?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am intrigued by the possibilities here, but if this makes persistent changes to 3DS system files, would it be useful to know how to revert those changes?

The only "persistent" change is installing TWPatcher, which needs a bit of cleanup from SD and NAND(?) if you want to completely get rid of its traces (basically same cleanup procedure as any Title installed to SD). The rest are just files on the SD only, and you can revert it by deleting /luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi and /luma/twl.firm

Reactions: Kwyjor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime