Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cava, thanks! It has been said to come with 5.3.2 but I just never had the case and disc numbers to list. I'm pretty confident about it.

Oh okay, I see what you mean, so there is a thread for it. Well, I guess I will do that and hopefully the Tube DNS works. Does it prevent me from ever going online again or does it only kick me off the shop and youtube and stuff, cause I would need the internet browser to access these hacks.
Thread link is in the important threads section of the OP. It only blocks Nintendo's update servers and uses YouTube for redirection, so you can't use that either. You can still access the internet otherwise, but it will nag you to update your FW (unless you spoof to 5.5.1). If you're spoofed you can also use NNU-Patcher to still access the eShop if you want anything from there.

The only thing I'm wondering is when they plan on patching the Wii U again, I hope they don't patch it before this new update comes out, cause from the sounds of it, it sounds like they are almost done with it, but that's just speculation and if they aren't done, then I will patiently wait. :)
I heard that March is when the new Nintendo club stuff is supposed to be rolling out, so perhaps there will be a FW update for that, but TubeHax DNS should keep you from updating in that event.

Reactions: Cava

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear God go away...
Why would I? I was asking a proper question. Why do you have to be so negative?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not the end of the day yet :creep:
</hypetrain>

It got moved to "whenever it's finished" when Hykem expressed his disgust for haters and said he wasn't returning to GBATemp until it was complete. He also had some personal things come up. You can continue to watch his progress on WiiUBrew as he documents more system information.

Do not turn this thread into an opinion and/or hate thread.
I won't, I was just wondering if he already released the hack. Last time I checked it said "before march". That's why I asked, no hate ;)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I? I was asking a proper question. Why do you have to be so negative?

I won't, I was just wondering if he already released the hack. Last time I checked it said "before march". That's why I asked, no hate ;)
Perhaps he thought you were only asking as a roundabout way to say "It isn't here yet!" as the haters do.

He has to be cynical because it's ldeveraux :P

Hopefully it's finished up soon! I wasn't necessarily saying that to you, but to anyone who wanted to reply about it.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps he thought you were only asking as a roundabout way to say "It isn't here yet!" as the haters do.

He has to be cynical because it's ldeveraux[emoji14]
Hopefully it's finished up soon! I wasn't necessarily saying that to you, but to anyone who wanted to reply about it.
You and I both know he wanted an eta. But maybe it was released already and he missed it. Yeah right [emoji2]

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cava, thanks! It has been said to come with 5.3.2 but I just never had the case and disc numbers to list. I'm pretty confident about it.

Thread link is in the important threads section of the OP. It only blocks Nintendo's update servers and uses YouTube for redirection, so you can't use that either. You can still access the internet otherwise, but it will nag you to update your FW (unless you spoof to 5.5.1). If you're spoofed you can also use NNU-Patcher to still access the eShop if you want anything from there.

I heard that March is when the new Nintendo club stuff is supposed to be rolling out, so perhaps there will be a FW update for that, but TubeHax DNS should keep you from updating in that event.

Yeah I accidently updated to 5.5.1 so I dun goofed. I do know it worked cause it let me online however it stopped me from going to Youtube. Also, I know I asked this already, but with TCP Gecko all I've seen is people talking about Mario Kart values and all I want to figure out is what exactly I would need to do for Hyrule Warriors. It just doesn't seem like anyone has a thread on it, I just want to know so I know if I'm modding the rupees, levels of the characters or their XP just SOMETHING. I'm getting no info here, unless I'm missing an important detail, in which case please point it out to me cause I don't want to sound like I'm whining and all that XD

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it a good idea to update all my wii u games using nusgrabber? In the loadiine compatibility list it states most games work with loadiine without having to update them but games like donkey kong and xenoblade need an update to properly work.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I accidently updated to 5.5.1 so I dun goofed. I do know it worked cause it let me online however it stopped me from going to Youtube. Also, I know I asked this already, but with TCP Gecko all I've seen is people talking about Mario Kart values and all I want to figure out is what exactly I would need to do for Hyrule Warriors. It just doesn't seem like anyone has a thread on it, I just want to know so I know if I'm modding the rupees, levels of the characters or their XP just SOMETHING. I'm getting no info here, unless I'm missing an important detail, in which case please point it out to me cause I don't want to sound like I'm whining and all that XD
This is for you :) It's not a trainer, it's all just RAM locations. You've got to roll up your sleeves and get a little dirty until/unless someone makes a trainer for it. Also, you can't use TCP Gecko on 5.5.1...

Is it a good idea to update all my wii u games using nusgrabber? In the loadiine compatibility list it states most games work with loadiine without having to update them but games like donkey kong and xenoblade need an update to properly work.
Only if you want to play the latest versions with bugfixes/new things?

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for you :) It's not a trainer, it's all just RAM locations. You've got to roll up your sleeves and get a little dirty until/unless someone makes a trainer for it. Also, you can't use TCP Gecko on 5.5.1...

So wait, is there a way for me to do this without having to do all these exploits or am I stuck until hykem decides to come bacK? Cause if I can do it now, I need to know how. I am sorry if I sound impatient, I have just been having a lot of trouble with doing this lately...

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You shouldnt update the games.. You should use the new format folders ,, in laodiine gx2 ,
code
contents
meta
updates/v16/files
updates/32/files

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, is there a way for me to do this without having to do all these exploits or am I stuck until hykem decides to come bacK? Cause if I can do it now, I need to know how. I am sorry if I sound impatient, I have just been having a lot of trouble with doing this lately...
TCP Gecko (and most other hacks) require the Kernel Exploit, which is only available on 5.3.2 and 5.4.0. If you're on 5.5.1 you are stuck until Hykem (or someone else) releases an IOSU Exploit or Kernel Exploit for 5.5.1.

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCP Gecko (and most other hacks) require the Kernel Exploit, which is only available on 5.3.2 and 5.4.0. If you're on 5.5.1 you are stuck until Hykem (or someone else) releases an IOSU Exploit or Kernel Exploit for 5.5.1.

Oh okay, so once he releases the IOSU or Kernal, then TCP Gecko should just work then? Alright, I see. Is there a way for me to check how hykem is doing on it so I don't bug this thread like others have? XD I don't want to be that kind of person.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You shouldnt update the games.. You should use the new format folders ,, in laodiine gx2 ,
code
contents
meta
updates/v16/files
updates/32/files

I tried this with mario kart 8 but not worked for me. Its loaded the v0 instead of v64.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, so once he releases the IOSU or Kernal, then TCP Gecko should just work then? Alright, I see. Is there a way for me to check how hykem is doing on it so I don't bug this thread like others have? XD I don't want to be that kind of person.
TCP Gecko/pyGecko would then need to be ported to the 5.5.1 FW to work, but that would happen easily enough. After that, it should just work.

You can watch Hykem's GBA Temp profile HERE (Look at "Postings" for new information by him). He said he will not be returning here until the IOSU Exploit is finished.
You can also watch Wii U Brew's Recent Changes HERE to actually see Hykem publishing his findings as he goes along.

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCP Gecko/pyGecko would then need to be ported to the 5.5.1 FW to work, but that would happen easily enough. After that, it should just work.

You can watch Hykem's GBA Temp profile HERE (Look at "Postings" for new information by him). He said he will not be returning here until the IOSU Exploit is finished.
You can also watch Wii U Brew's Recent Changes HERE to actually see Hykem publishing his findings as he goes along.

Alright then, thank you! I shall keep checking frequently, and I greatly appreciate hykems work here. :)

underdog1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anybody can play Fast Neo Racing? Allways i become an Error, it doesnt start anyway. 5.4.0. Tried Loadiine GX 0.1 Miimaker from Wiiubru.com.
All other games worked fine

underdog1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have the meta folder and the code folder with app and cos .xml

also try loadiine gx2 0.2

tried gx 0.2 too, but it still say an long error, i have only code and content folder, can u upload the meta folder? it wasnt include.
app and cos.xml is in the folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo