Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
so bestbuy will be selling the mario kart 8 preinstall bundle for 240 if i was to pick this one up would it be on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0

Worst answer possible: It depends. There are some with 5.3.2 and some with 5.4.0. I would advice (if you want it) to get the bundle and not open it, post codes/numbers here and maybe someone can confirm the version. If it's on 5.4.0 or higher you can just give it back.

sonatakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All new consoles are going to preinstalled digital games instead of the discs. So odds are good now that any "preinstalled" bundle you find is going to be above 5.3.2. You'd have to find an old dusty one from 6 months ago or get a bundle with the physical discs (those are the old bundles).

I'm still planning to start a thread and wiki for users to input their serial #'s to find a 5.3.2 cutoff point one of these days, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

I just bought a MK8 DLC bundle from ToyRus. I check the UPC on the box, and UPC'ss FW1151XXXXX.
Could you show the link of serial #'s to me?
Thanks

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so bestbuy will be selling the mario kart 8 preinstall bundle for 240 if i was to pick this one up would it be on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0

I wouldn't take the chance. I've already seen reports about bestbuy where bundles came with updated versions. Though maybe it's your Lucky day, but i personally wouldn't take the risk ;)

It's best to look for an old possible bundle (i was Lucky enough to find a physical Nintendo Land bundle in a local store), or a slightly newer bundle. They will be harder to find (maybe impossible) and can be more expensive, but it's the best known way to play it safe.

No guarantees given, of course.

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

domino-s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used UWIZARD (NUS Downloader U) to download a Update for Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8. I clicked on Decrypt contents and it dumped the files under the Title_ID folder.

I presume I can append the content/Code/Content/Meta data from the update overtop the current game folders and that would be updating the game? Any issues with breaking saves games with Loadiine v4 when you do this?

Thanks!

Oh yeah: There's a bunch of 00000a 00000b etc... in the root of the <Title_ID> folder, what do I do with those?

Last edited by domino-s,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if this is not the right thread to ask, but I'm gonna buy a Mario Kart 8 bundle tomorrow (seller says that the game comes as physical disc)
what are my chances to have a FW <5.4.0?

here's the pic of the Wii U

ZwsT8Sx.jpg

Thanks

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so. I just started making backups of my games but I learned over many hours that getting the Content folder is the easy part... its the other tasks that create issues. Dumpiine and XML Dumper in my opinion aren't stable enough or something for some games for example. Darksiders II -USA. I got the RPX file called Darksiders2WiiU.rpx which first off has a different name then the EUR version just called Darksiders2.rpx
then I updated the details on the two XML files from the EUR version making sure to use the correct RPX file name and title id from USA version and it would just give me a white screen. I even renamed the USA RPX file to the same Darksiders2.rpx and tried but still white screen.
My last attempt I just copied the XML files and RPX file directly from the EUR version into my USA copy it booted perfectly. This made me loose faith in XML dumper and Dumpiine. Is there any undocumented tips about the XML Files and dumping the RPX file successfully? I verified the size was correct on the compatibility page so its confusing why it acts corrupt.
Or other tools that can provide this info?
One unique setting I couldn't find on the XML Dumper logs is Group ID Type..
Thanks everyone for all the great advice.
The problem could be solely with the XML. If an update is available, you can download and extract it from NUS Grabber and then just use the official XMLs that come with that. Other than that, I'm afraid there isn't much more available to help at this time.

only option in my router is domain blocking and im guessing its not working/>
Yeah it's not looking like it. Be sure to use TubeHax DNS on your Wii U.

Use Open DNS.
Please don't do this unless you're 100% certain you have a Static IP (you probably don't unless you pay your ISP extra for it).

I just bought a MK8 DLC bundle from ToyRus. I check the UPC on the box, and UPC'ss FW1151XXXXX.
Could you show the link of serial #'s to me?
Thanks
I still haven't had the time to throw up a wiki and thread. I tried hinting for someone else to do it but I guess everyone is busy. It'll get done eventually if you can/want to hold out.

I used UWIZARD (NUS Downloader U) to download a Update for Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8. I clicked on Decrypt contents and it dumped the files under the Title_ID folder.

I presume I can append the content/Code/Content/Meta data from the update overtop the current game folders and that would be updating the game? Any issues with breaking saves games with Loadiine v4 when you do this?

Thanks!

Oh yeah: There's a bunch of 00000a 00000b etc... in the root of the <Title_ID> folder, what do I do with those?
Yes, you can just copy the files and overwrite the ones on your SD to update. I recommend keeping a backup of the original files on your PC, though, in case the update changes compatibility with Loadiine. Haven't heard of any save breaking...This is how everyone updates games for Loadiine! An always make a backup of the save too, to be safe. You shouldn't need any of the 00000x files for anything.

sorry if this is not the right thread to ask, but I'm gonna buy a Mario Kart 8 bundle tomorrow (seller says that the game comes as physical disc)
what are my chances to have a FW <5.4.0?

here's the pic of the Wii U

ZwsT8Sx.jpg

Thanks
That looks like a < 5.4.0 system if it's new in box! You should be fine unless it's a used system and the previous owner updated it! If it is used, ask for pics of the settings screen to see the FW version first.

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
You could also ask if the seller wants to add (or send you) a photo of the complete set but with the GamePad showing the Settings Menu? Or is it a new/unused system?

he said it's an old stock but new, so I don't think I can ask him to open it

That looks like a < 5.4.0 system if it's new in box! You should be fine unless it's a used system and the previous owner updated it! If it is used, ask for pics of the settings screen to see the FW version first.

okay great. because it doesn't look like any of the mario kart bundle pics in the first post, so I was wondering if it'll come with FW <5.4 or not
thanks a lot guys

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he said it's an old stock but new, so I don't think I can ask him to open it

okay great. because it doesn't look like any of the mario kart bundle pics in the first post, so I was wondering if it'll come with FW <5.4 or not
thanks a lot guys
Quick question, what does the sticker say in the top left corner of the box?

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't do this unless you're 100% certain you have a Static IP (you probably don't unless you pay your ISP extra for it).

Open DNS has a desktop application that updates the IP as it changes.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not quite sure, this pic is in low res
but I believe it is

U.A.E Saudi Arabia
Malaysia Singapore
Official Product
Ah okay. I'm guessing it's not a USA console then? Just make sure it's for the region of games you want to play!

I don't think Nintendo started shipping a new MK8 bundle with the physical disc, but it is certainly possible (since I haven't seen that box before). If the seller says it's old stock, I'd assume they're right. Always a risk though.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah okay. I'm guessing it's not a USA console then? Just make sure it's for the region of games you want to play!

I don't think Nintendo started shipping a new MK8 bundle with the physical disc, but it is certainly possible (since I haven't seen that box before). If the seller says it's old stock, I'd assume they're right. Always a risk though.
okay thanks
don't worry, as stated in http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Regions, it's still the same region as US (I think)
well worst case is it comes with 5.4.0, do not update and wait for the next exploit :lol:

Last edited by Garou,

Lingrapher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on where....
I bought one from Target on Cybermonday, it was 5.4. I may keep it, hoping they release the homebrew for 5.4

sonatakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on where....
I bought one from Target on Cybermonday, it was 5.4. I may keep it, hoping they release the homebrew for 5.4

I just bought a MK8 DLC bundle from ToyRus on Cyber Monday. I checked the UPC on the box, and UPC'ss FW1151XXXXX. Even if I don't open it, I feel that the firmware is 5.4 based on the serial number. Could you provide your first 3 digital serial number to me? I want to make sure the firmware.

Thanks

Lingrapher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a MK8 DLC bundle from ToyRus on Cyber Monday. I checked the UPC on the box, and UPC'ss FW1151XXXXX. Even if I don't open it, I feel that the firmware is 5.4 based on the serial number. Could you provide your first 3 digital serial number to me? I want to make sure the firmware.

Thanks
I have to check when I get home, but I remember someone said it has to be smaller than FW1130 to have FW 5.3.2 or lower

Krak-ON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the option to check the UPC on the box ... I can confirm UPC'ss FW1130 and lower have 5.3.2 on the MK8 DLC bundle ...

Not sure about ones higher than that.

Me too. That's the reason why I guess the FW of my console is higher than 5.3.2.
BTW, thanks a lot.

He never says it has to be lower than FW1130, I've seen some as far along as FW70XX, those have 5.4.0.

So I'd say it's a safe bet yours is on 5.3.2, but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by Krak-ON,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo