Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really have no idea. How far away from your router is the Wii U? Mine is about 4 ft. I occasionally might get a freeze where the URL bar gets stuck halfway through loading, and that might be due to the html, but it's hard to say since there are so many things involved. The Loadiine in the DefinitivePackage is pulled straight out of the "www" folder of the source downloaded from the Loadiine github. Does it freeze every time or does it just seem to crash more often than it works?

EDIT: If you want to rule something out for me, rename the bgimage.png to something else and then try running Loadiine (the background should just appear white after renaming it).
Well, I have tried many times and it still have never worked.
I can still use the non local hosted versions anyway, so it is not a big problem.
My router is like 6 meter away from the Wii U, that would be some 20 feet. But I also connect to the remote hosted loadiine version with the same router.
I will keep trying, but well it sure looks to be some weird problem on my side.

PS: I will try renaming the file and report back.

EDIT: Well, after renaming the bgimage, the kernel exploit still loads correctly, and loadiine still crashes with the URL bar stuck halfway.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can still use the non local hosted versions anyway, so it is not a big problem.
My router is like 6 meter away from the Wii U, that would be some 20 feet. But I also connect to the remote hosted loadiine version with the same router.

Sorry, I have a habit of thinking of things after replying and then editing my posts :P

I added this to the last post, but it was missed: You can also try running it through MiniWeb and see if maybe Mongoose is at fault? There should be a link in the OP, or http://miniweb.sourceforge.net/

But please try renaming the bgimage.png first!

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Hi there I had the same problem if you can try using this metod:
Just a little heads up for people having trouble with hosting locally on windows.

For me nothing works using the definitive collection. I could get the kernels to load, but wupinstaller and loadiine would just hang at the web page. Using seperate folders worked for loadiine but not for wupinstaller.

So I went another route and installed tiny web server on my rooted galaxy s4. The definitive package worked like a dream from the get go. At least I have a use for that thing now, and I´ll just delete the other things from my pc.

So try it. Turn your handy into a server! :toot:

Downloaded Tiny Web Server for android on a rooted handy. I think it has to rooted because of the file structure Tiny Web Server uses, I couldn´t find a place to put the files on an unrooted S6.

Put the unpacked definitive package (the whole folder) into the default location of Tiny Web Server.

Fired up Tiny Web Server (Make sure wifi is switched on). It tells you the address you need to type in for WiiU web browser, but first.....

Open your router settings and allow communication with that address.

with the server running open WiiU browser give in the URL xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/. If you get the package to open, test and if it works bookmark.

enjoy!

Hope I helped you, if not then sorry for taking space here :P [It's just so you can run everything without a problem from self-hosting] I will not say anything more because I'm not an expert [fiveighteen is expert here]

EDIT: You don't need to root your phone btw

Last edited by ares395,
Reactions: fiveighteen

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I have a habit of thinking of things after replying and then editing my posts :P

I added this to the last post, but it was missed: You can also try running it through MiniWeb and see if maybe Mongoose is at fault? There should be a link in the OP, or http://miniweb.sourceforge.net/

But please try renaming the bgimage.png first!
I tried using miniweb, but I have exactly the same results.
Hi there I had the same problem if you can try using this metod:
I will try using the server on phone method, thanks.

EDIT: I tried making a direct bookmark link to loadiine/payload532.html in the browser (thus skipping index.html) and then it worked.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least I know it's not something entirely on my index.html then. If the phone-hosting method works I may have to put links in the OP for Mongoose, MiniWeb, and Tiny Web Server and just have people try them out until they find out which one is the most stable.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well at least I know it's not something entirely on my index.html then. If the phone-hosting method works I may have to put links in the OP for Mongoose, MiniWeb, and Tiny Web Server and just have people try them out until they find out which one is the most stable.
I think perhaps saving payload532.html as index.html directly (in the loadiine folder) might solve the problem, and anyway loadiine is only supported for 532, so there is no much option there.
I will try that and report back.

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

For me phone method works every time, It just might be fault of mongoose, but I have no idea why mongoose works for some people and for other don't... either way I'm happy that we found out another way to get this work, I would not be able to use loadiine if not that

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think perhaps saving payload532.html as index.html directly (in the loadiine folder) might solve the problem, and anyway loadiine is only supported for 532, so there is no much option there.
I will try that and report back.
The code of the main index.html in the DefinitivePackage does that already, in a tricky way.

HTML:
        <script>
                    -->See if browser is for Wii U version 5.3.2
                    if(versionNumber == "3.0.3.12.15")
                    {
                        redirect = "payload532.html";
                    }
                }
            }
            -->Jump based on detection
            function gotoPayload(folder) {
                window.location = folder + redirect;
            }
        </script>

<area shape="rect" coords="150,235,265,310" onclick="gotoPayload('loadiine/')">

As you can see, when you click the Loadiine icon, it just straight to payload532.html instead of opening every file and folder along the way.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The code of the main index.html in the DefinitivePackage does that already, in a tricky way.

HTML:
        <script>
                    -->See if browser is for Wii U version 5.3.2
                    if(versionNumber == "3.0.3.12.15")
                    {
                        redirect = "payload532.html";
                    }
                }
            }
            -->Jump based on detection
            function gotoPayload(folder) {
                window.location = folder + redirect;
            }
        </script>

<area shape="rect" coords="150,235,265,310" onclick="gotoPayload('loadiine/')">

As you can see, when you click the Loadiine icon, it just straight to payload532.html instead of opening every file and folder along the way.

Yep, and my experiment failed already.
I don't know why but if I just go to loadiine/payload532.html directly it works, but if I use the menu it doesn't.
Well, then phone as a server it shall be.

Was this with Mongoose, MiniWeb, or Tiny Web Server?
It was using Mongoose.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, and my experiment failed already.
I don't know why but if I just go to loadiine/payload532.html directly it works, but if I use the menu it doesn't.
Well, then phone as a server it shall be.
EDIT: I tried making a direct bookmark link to loadiine/payload532.html in the browser (thus skipping index.html) and then it worked.
Was this with Mongoose, MiniWeb, or Tiny Web Server?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added another section to the OP under GETTING TO (AND STAYING ON) AN EXPLOITABLE FIRMWARE called Which games have reprints?

If you've got a game that appears to have a FW version above what it normally does, please provide the info to inform others. :)

Example of Super Smash Bros. USA for a template:

Reprint: (Confirmed by bt04, Wii Enthusiast, and BALLIN)
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan
Disc Top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.4.0​

Last edited by fiveighteen,

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a lot of problems with mongoose, I found it a really spotty server, sometimes working sometimes not.
Miniweb worked far better and the android Tiny Web Server is brilliant when not needing *.exe execution.

fiveighteen - absolutely great work on the guide. I was able to go from no idea what I was doing to getting it all up and running all from your guide (except about the phone sever - which i found in the discussion here) without asking any questions around these forums.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a lot of problems with mongoose, I found it a really spotty server, sometimes working sometimes not.
Miniweb worked far better and the android Tiny Web Server is brilliant when not needing *.exe execution.

fiveighteen - absolutely great work on the guide. I was able to go from no idea what I was doing to getting it all up and running all from your guide (except about the phone sever - which i found in the discussion here) without asking any questions around these forums.
Thanks, glad to be of help! :)

Since it seems like a lot of people are having better success with MiniWeb and especially Tiny Web Server, I'll try to get that into the OP somewhere in the following week.

Reactions: ares395

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is FW7062XXXXX, SM3DW + Nintendo Land Bundle from December 2014 with 2.1.0, so your guess is as good as mine.

One more thing, its not released but is the IOSU hack expected to be substantially easier to prep/setup/run games using, or just some useful things that make it better than the 5.3.2 exploit?
Just wondering becuz if its really not a big deal, I may save money waiting for a BF discounted unit instead of hunting for a lower fw unit.
If the upcoming hack will be like comparing the 5.3.2 setup/management to something as easy as the Gateway card for 3ds, then I'm going for the IOSU for sure!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing, its not released but is the IOSU hack expected to be substantially easier to prep/setup/run games using, or just some useful things that make it better than the 5.3.2 exploit?
Just wondering becuz if its really not a big deal, I may save money waiting for a BF discounted unit instead of hunting for a lower fw unit.
If the upcoming hack will be like comparing the 5.3.2 setup/management to something as easy as the Gateway card for 3ds, then I'm going for the IOSU for sure!
I don't have a 3DS to compare to it's hacks/exploits, but the IOSU Exploit theoretically will allow us wide open access to almost everything on the system. Basically, we'll be able to do what we did on the Wii.

dragoncity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Someone should not RPX works for Kirby please?
For I have set myself loadiine format, but the RPX file makes me a DSI error with Mii Maker.
I compared the size of the file in the compatibility list:
3,226,496 where as mine is 3,226,368.
thank you in advance

Reactions: Onion_Knight

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well... I'm gonna kill myself... my wii u somehow updated itself to 5.5.0 E, there is not even a note in updates about it... and I can't du enything now... just fuc... great well it was fun I don't know like 5 hours of play on homebrew as it lasted... so much time and money wasted... fuck everything!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1