Homebrew The death of Minecraft 3DS Clones?

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
big picture here you spent $200 usd on a $20 dollar game (and thats assuming you used that god awful default texture pack) . . .so your buds can save a few bucks . . . shit you are a far better friend than i that is for sure

at this rate you should just get the ios, google play, and amazon appstore versions to complete the line (just in case)
Oh f***, I forgot. I do have the iOS and Android versions. Not even kidding. (I do use the default texture pack though.)

So you waste your money so your friends don't have to? You're a hell of a friend.
I bought all those consoles so I could play with them all.

this is the worst version of minecraft it runs like crap don't buy a new 3ds just for this buy a switch or any other console or pc with minecraft
Ehh, it's like 24 - 30 fps. It isn't good but it isn't terrible either.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Completely certain they are. I own (not pirated) this game on 3DS, Wii U, Java, Win10, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita, and Switch. I know what I'm taking about. I attached a screenshot if you still don't believe me though.
Can confirm, Java crafting is on PC, consoles and not phones. It is toggleable on console now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That seems a little obsessive, though, but ok.
He isn't the only one.
I own it on:
PC
iOS
PS3
X360
XONE
W10
*not on PS4 bc eh and i don't own a switch or vita*

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm, Java crafting is on PC, consoles and not phones. It is toggleable on console now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He isn't the only one.
I own it on:
PC
iOS
PS3
X360
XONE
W10
6 that is a lot but this guy is at at least 12 (13 if both amazon and playstore versions)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all have our weaknesses. How many of us have multiple consoles of the same system. I know I do. :P
i guess i do have 2 3ds consoles (although i only got the second one to trade pokemon with myself and at least one copy of each game [although they add new content with each game] . . . but the point is the same how many times can one really "catch them all")

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

LeafAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw that in the freeshop thread. Thank you.

Now about to get on CIAngel for those sweet keys since it will be a few days for freeshop to catch up.
I thought the guy who made freeshop is in prison? How can FreeShop be updated when the pedo is in jail?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Forks?
(note that I may be reatarded)

Someone (arc13) took a copy of the the source code and continued updating it. Then someone else took arc13's version and continued updating it even more after arc13 quit working on it. Not to mention the cache is handled by someone else and is a mostly automatic process.

Sites like github and notabug, which are what a majority of open source developers including 3ds homebrew developers use make creating your own such fork (version) very easy. Often as easy as clicking a single button.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Forks?
(note that I may be reatarded)
A "fork" is when someone copies an open source project and modifies it with their own ideas. Paul's version is a fork of Arc13's version which is a fork of the original. Imagine these projects "forking" off from the original development path.

He isn't the only one.
I own it on:
PC
iOS
PS3
X360
XONE
W10
Again, why? It's not even a good game. I know this is subjective, but when the majority of the demographic is 13 years old and younger that should tell you something. It's also just so damn boring. I mean, I like laid back games that the player can just veg out on (Animal Crossing being one of my favorites), but Minecraft itself is just a mindless, insipid sandbox that once tried capitalizing on 8bit nostalgia. Even other sandbox games like Garry's Mod, where the point is to be mindless, are so much more fun. I think the most impressive thing that I've ever seen done with Minecraft is that someone made a working NES emulator out of Redstone, but I've seen so much more with other sandbox games. Anyway, this leaves me wondering when Roblox is gonna go multiplatform so people can throw hundreds of dollars at it just to play it on different platforms all for the sake of convenience for their broke friends.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A "fork" is when someone copies an open source project and modifies it with their own ideas. Paul's version is a fork of Arc13's version which is a fork of the original. Imagine these projects "forking" off from the original development path.

Again, why? It's not even a good game. I know this is subjective, but when the majority of the demographic is 13 years old and younger that should tell you something. It's also just so damn boring. I mean, I like laid back games that the player can just veg out on (Animal Crossing being one of my favorites), but Minecraft itself is just a mindless, insipid sandbox that once tried capitalizing on 8bit nostalgia. Even other sandbox games like Garry's Mod, where the point is to be mindless, are so much more fun. I think the most impressive thing that I've ever seen done with Minecraft is that someone made a working NES emulator out of Redstone, but I've seen so much more with other sandbox games. Anyway, this leaves me wondering when Roblox is gonna go multiplatform so people can throw hundreds of dollars at it just to play it on different platforms all for the sake of convenience for their broke friends.
I think it was a GBA and an Atari emulator. But yeah, that's the coolest thing I've seen come from Minecraft.

Reactions: Joom

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Roblox is already multiplatform

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one I saw had the guy playing Donkey Kong and Space Invaders, so I think it was a 2600 emulator.
You are correct.
your blowing my fucking mind . . . who has links?
It runs 60 frames every 4 hours and even then I'm still amazed at how that guy did it.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to...