Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
t377y000 said:
why not add onlive to the console wars, so there be wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive

pc is kinda there. but not all people game with pc, but all people do game with consoles.

i still count dreamcast as a current gen console since its the last of the line, thats my opinion tho....
wink.gif

so this is what i see wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive vs dreamcast
tongue.gif

Onlive hasnt even been released yet. Thats just like adding the PS4 to the console wars. Besides, Onlive is more of a service than a console, so the point is moot anyway.
actuality it is a console & service. (like psn? or xb live? or wii connect 24? just w/o disk)

onlive-console.jpg

& onlive is out was released in US on June 17, 2010, & coming to UK end of 2011.

Onlive site

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Crimsonclaw111 said:
The way I see it (though I own none of them):

PS3 = blu-ray
Xbox360 = fps games
Wii = a lot of shovel ware

Each system has its own great selection, but this generation has been (mostly) disappointing.

ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = fps games
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed that for ya
mthrnitesmiley.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
actuality it is a console & service. (like psn? or xb live? or wii connect 24? just w/o disk)

& onlive is out was released in US on June 17, 2010, & coming to UK end of 2011.

Onlive site

That Micro Console you've pictured isn't availible. A release date or price hasn't been announced, and it only currently runs on a PC or MAC.

At this time, it is only an online service.

Thanks, but i'll prefer to hook the PC upto the TV.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
t377y000 said:
dudeonline said:
t377y000 said:

pc is kinda there. but not all people game with pc, but all people do game with consoles.

i still count dreamcast as a current gen console since its the last of the line, thats my opinion tho....
wink.gif

tongue.gif

Onlive hasnt even been released yet. Thats just like adding the PS4 to the console wars. Besides, Onlive is more of a service than a console, so the point is moot anyway.

onlive-console.jpg

Onlive site

It plays PC games. period. End of story. There is no actual games for Onlive. And besides that, Onlive hasn't even released it's "console"

If you can tell me one specific game that has been developed for Onlive, that's not just a PC game played by proxy, then I will acknowledge it as a real console. I'll be waiting.

Oh, and not to mention that it's still in BETA, and is still laggy and buggy as hell.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
t377y000 said:
dudeonline said:
t377y000 said:

wink.gif

tongue.gif

onlive-console.jpg

Onlive site

It plays PC games. period. End of story. There is no actual games for Onlive. And besides that, Onlive hasn't even released it's "console"

If you can tell me one specific game that has been developed for Onlive, that's not just a PC game played by proxy, then I will acknowledge it as a real console. I'll be waiting.
on the site theres a game section but idk if any are exclusive.
games i saw
ASSASSIN'S CREED 2
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM
BORDERLANDS
DIRT 2
DRAGON AGE ORIGINS
JUST CAUSE 2
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4
MASS EFFECT 2
NBA 2K10
PRINCE OF PERSIA
TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION
i also saw gears of war 2 & alot of other games not listed above in the trailer.

& according to what im reading on the site, you can connect the micro console to tv, pc, or mac & play the games.
im just saying, theres really no reason to leave it out of the console wars. we allow the iphon ein & it isnt even a game console.. its a PHONE... like my old motorola razr phone...
ninja.gif

B

ball2012003

t377y000 said:
Crimsonclaw111 said:

PS3 = blu-ray
Xbox360 = fps games

Each system has its own great selection, but this generation has been (mostly) disappointing.

ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = fps games
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed that for ya
mthrnitesmiley.gif

ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = shovelware
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed for you

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
All of those are PC games being played on their servers, and you just play them by proxy. Maybe you should do a bit of research on the service you seem to want to push so badly...

It is nothing but a service to play PC games by proxy. End of story.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
All of those are PC games being played on their servers, and you just play them by proxy. Maybe you should do a bit of research on the service you seem to want to push so badly...

well what abtou zeebo & full circle
(zeebo clams to be the 4th in the console war.)
(mechaworks clams full circle will be worlds most powerful console.)

Zeebo
TheConsolecore.jpg

TitlesResident_2.jpg
Source:
http://www.zeeboinc.com/#companytop

Full circle
mechaworks-icon-66.png
source:
http://www.mechaworks.com/fullcircle/

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
t377y000 said:
dudeonline said:

Zeebo
TheConsolecore.jpg

TheConsolecore.jpg

TitlesResident_2.jpg
Source:

Full circle
mechaworks-icon-66.png
source:

Zeebo is a console designed for less-fortunate countries that still want to afford console gaming. Its not nearly as powerful as current gen consoles, and they are not available in most countries.

Full Circle isn't even released yet, so I don't even know why you brought it up.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
t377y000 said:
dudeonline said:

Zeebo
TheConsolecore.jpg

TheConsolecore.jpg

TitlesResident_2.jpg
Source:

Full circle
mechaworks-icon-66.png
source:

Zeebo is a console designed for less-fortunate countries that still want to afford console gaming. Its not nearly as powerful as current gen consoles, and they are not available in most countries.

Full Circle isn't even released yet, so I don't even know why you brought it up.
well....
ninja.gif

in other news who else is getting 3DS?

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
dudeonline said:
I remember the REAL console wars between Nintendo and Sega...this shit is just pathetic.

I used to get into fistfights over who the better character was, Sonic, or Mario...

Now most of the games on the 360 and PS3 are nearly identical except for a select few Exclusives for each system.
I lol'ed when i read this. Yeah and why doesn't Sony and Microsoft have their own Mascot? Oh yeah forget it i know. Its because they are not originally game companies.
Well Sony had Crash and Spyro during the PS1, till they went 3rd party. During the PS2/PS3 era they started with Ratchet, Sly and Jak (perhaps others I don't recall).

Sony has mascots, they just don't know how to use them.

Perhaps if they made more platform games instead of overated fps games perhaps they would be in a better position, yes that includes marketing...

Personally I'd preffer SEGA to consider joining the hardware competition, mmm...Dreamcast 2

Meh wth am I thinking...

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
well....
ninja.gif

in other news who else is getting 3DS?

Uh, looks like a waste to me xD My classic NES games which I'm playing off my Acekard with a little emulation help are good enough for me
biggrin.gif
If the game library draws me to it, that would be the day. If anything, I'll get a flash cart once it's developed for 3DS if it does the system justice.

r3dfaction said:
gamefreak94 said:
QUOTE(dudeonline @ Jun 29 2010, 05:03 AM) I remember the REAL console wars between Nintendo and Sega...this shit is just pathetic.

I used to get into fistfights over who the better character was, Sonic, or Mario...

Now most of the games on the 360 and PS3 are nearly identical except for a select few Exclusives for each system.
I lol'ed when i read this. Yeah and why doesn't Sony and Microsoft have their own Mascot? Oh yeah forget it i know. Its because they are not originally game companies.
Well Sony had Crash and Spyro during the PS1, till they went 3rd party. During the PS2/PS3 era they started with Ratchet, Sly and Jak (perhaps others I don't recall).

Sony has mascots, they just don't know how to use them.

Perhaps if they made more platform games instead of overated fps games perhaps they would be in a better position, yes that includes marketing...

Personally I'd preffer SEGA to consider joining the hardware competition, mmm...Dreamcast 2

Meh wth am I thinking...

SPYRO WENT THIRD PARTY? Holy crap, I must have been stuck under a rock forever :wtf: and that's why the spyro games suck now!! I just never made the connection.

I agreed.

And Microsoft arguably has sort of a mascot I'd think -who goes by the name of Master Chief. When I think XBOX, I think Chief.

D

Deleted_171835

t377y000 said:
ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = fps games
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed that for ya
mthrnitesmiley.gif
Do you honestly think that?
I'm shocked that you think the PC is filled with shovelware. Ever used Steam? Farmville isn't the only game out there on the PC. You would think that the Wii would have a lot of good FPS games but it doesn't. There are only a few good ones (The Conduit, COD: WaW, etc). I'm not exactly sure if you're talking about the old-school shooters for the 360. If you are, I haven't seen any. I wouldn't buy a PS3 for Blu-Ray. Sure it would be a contributing factor but shouldn't gaming be more important. I would purchase a PS3 because of White Knight Chronicles alone.

The Wii is my favourite console. I may be biased but the Wii is loads of fun. It might not have some of the 'HD' games on the other consoles but that's why I have a PC. I can get the best of both worlds with a PC and a Wii. Exclusives on the 360 are hardly exclusives as you can play most of the games on your PC with the exception of games like Halo. The PS3 barely has any good exclusives (imo). Few that would warrant purchasing an entire console for. Games like SMG2 and Red Steel 2 are games that can only happen with the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a game that I would purchase a Wii for. As much as I would like to deny it the Wii is not without it's flaws. One problem I have had with the Wii is the small amount of space available for use with WiiWare games, save files and new channels. Sure, there is an SD Card Menu but I would like it built into the system. I dislike having to buy an SD Card just to save more stuff when the small amount of space runs out. SDHC Cards in big sizes are expensive compared to HDD's in large sizes.

Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
t377y000 said:
Crimsonclaw111 said:

PS3 = blu-ray
Xbox360 = fps games

ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = fps games
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed that for ya
mthrnitesmiley.gif

ps3 = blueray
xbox 360 = shooter games
wii = shovelware
onlive = game streaming
pc = shovelware

fixed for you

PS3 = variety
Xbox 360 = shooters
Wii = Mix of shovelware/good games
OnLive = Absolute bullshit (I was in beta)
PC = In process of being revived

I fixed it for you.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got to agree with the all of them have there good points arguments in here.

But I still don't get how come when it was Sony selling fuck loads of shovelware for the PS2 the amount of games available was what made it the best console, and the lack of power compared to the GC and XBOX didn't matter. And now the lack of games and the power of the PS3 is the main argument for it been good.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm actually a fan of most consoles and these are my thoughts:

PS3 : Some great games (God of War, MAG, MGS4, Gran-turismo) and a fantastic online experience, especially considering the price (£0
nayps3.gif
). Blu-ray support.
360: Also some great games and the best online experience. However it does cost to play online and no blu-ray support.
NOTE: I don't think it's worth buying both a 360 and PS3, just choose one, they are pretty similar consoles, despite what fanboys say.
Wii: I stopped playing so much recently bacause of shovelware, but (if you've not already played them) there are still a lot of good games and, atleast for now, it's the only console I can play No More Heroes in English
mad.gif

PC: It's been neglected for a while but is springing back to life. The main problem in PC gaming is the cost of the hardware (especially for a student).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water