Gaming The Conduit

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jarock said:
I see the release has been delayed by 2 weeks, not released untill 26th now....ah shite I was looking forward to playing it at the weekend. At least Indy is out friday, will have to do for a while.
Not delayed, it was always the 26th on the HVS website. For some reason there was a 'misprint' at gfaqs saying the 12th for some reason, and some European stores still advertise the 12th but high voltage have confirmed it's wrong, and it won't be shipped until the 26th.

Maybe the stores know something we don't? I doubt an American company would release something in Europe more than a week before their own homeland, who knows.. Pretty sure the 12th was just a rumour. I wonder where the stores got the date from..

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess everyone is wondering, will Conduit be a Halo-killer, remeber how Killzone was made to be a Halo-killer and it flopped. Now to be honest, ive never nor weill i ever like Halo, mainly casue of it mainly been over hyped bs that claims to be new.

NO

First person shooters have been around for years and even more in space, Not to mention Multiplayer wa saround WAYYYYY before Halo.

But The Conduit, so far people have parised The Conduit from what theyve seen at E3 and I'm willing to atleast give it a go, but homnestly, I just dont see it being a Halo-killer, i see it as something entirely new.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this game wasn't so hyped then we'd be in for a nice surprise.

Two more scores:
Official Nintendo Magazine (UK): 76%
Wii Magazine (Germany): 87%

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Graphics doesn't look so special.

I think it's going to be just another 0815-Shooter...
rolleyes.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The singleplayer didn't appeal to me. All I was looking forward to for this game was the multiplayer, but I just read in a different topic that there's no split-screen. Since I'm one of those people that chooses shooting friends while they sit right next to you, instead of on the other side of the world, I don't look forward to this game anymore T_T

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I've pre-ordered the special edition from play.com, comes with The Conduit speakers lol. Also has extra characters you can use in multiplayer as far as I remember. I've never understood people buying Limited Edition SKUs for an extra tenner or so, it's not as if they're going to be worth a fortune in a few years time lol.

Pre-ordered the special edition for £29.99, could have got it 1p cheaper from shopto but the free speakers thing is exclusive to play.com. And they don't need a power source so can use them if I get a power cut lol.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rammoth said:
The singleplayer didn't appeal to me. All I was looking forward to for this game was the multiplayer, but I just read in a different topic that there's no split-screen. Since I'm one of those people that chooses shooting friends while they sit right next to you, instead of on the other side of the world, I don't look forward to this game anymore T_T

ME TOO. I have 3 Wii remotes man, WTH am I supposed to use them for if I can't get split screen multiplayer? And I was really looking forward to playing online coop with my girlfriend but now I won't be able to play with or against her at all. I was going to buy this game too but I don't think I will now, I don't have time for single player FPS games.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pre-ordered from amazon UK
its special edition but i dont get the speakers, dont mind really tho.

really dissapointed with the score onm gave it, been talking 'bout it on there forum.

CANT W8
smile.gif

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
EvanUnisil said:
Rammoth said:

ME TOO. I have 3 Wii remotes man, WTH am I supposed to use them for if I can't get split screen multiplayer? And I was really looking forward to playing online coop with my girlfriend but now I won't be able to play with or against her at all. I was going to buy this game too but I don't think I will now, I don't have time for single player FPS games.

if you want online co-op then you're better off waiting for The Grinder. I read earlier that the E3 demo of The Grinder was the result of just 2 months work! Bloody astounding, although Factor 5 have done better than that with Rogue Leader, they did the whole thing in just 3 months!!!

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Why should I worry about cheaters when it gives me an excuse for being crap (whether people are cheating or not!)..? lololol
laugh.gif

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Looking forward to this and have high hopes but no matter how well it is recieved, people will continually say "HALO>CONDUIT".ofc they will. But for no reason. Halo is even more overhyped than Conduit. Always been, always will.
I haven't played Killzone2. But Halo is just another shooter for me. It's a good game. But not extraordinary. The Conduit will sure be a great game. But not extraordinary. A good title for Wii. I just love the controls and wanna play online.

Dongdrian said:
Halo wasn't that great to be honest.Indeed.

QUOTE(EnigmaXtreme @ Jun 9 2009, 11:14 AM)
First person shooters have been around for years and even more in space, Not to mention Multiplayer wa saround WAYYYYY before Halo.

But The Conduit, so far people have parised The Conduit from what theyve seen at E3 and I'm willing to atleast give it a go, but homnestly, I just dont see it being a Halo-killer, i see it as something entirely new.
Well said, good point!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait ^-^.

FPS' are my ultimate favorite style game.

WiFi is going to be amazing, Wiispeak is going to be amazing, just regular Mission Mode is going to be amazing. PWN.

And it's coming out the 23rd now guys, not the 26th. But correct me if wrong.
biggrin.gif

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
You're both correct and wrong, 23rd is the US release date and 26th is the European release date.
smile.gif

As for Halo I loved the online multiplayer but the single player experience was pants imo. Hopefully both single and multiplayer experiences will be sublime on The Conduit. Can't wait!

chrPL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
I can't wait to put my hands on this title. Hope it'll be as good as it's said to be. It looks really awesome, in one word it's going to be one hell of a party, especially in multiplayer
smile.gif
. I was hyped for this from the moment they announced The Conduit. It'll be probably one of the best FPS games on Wii up to date
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...