Hacking the conduit and wii speak

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am playing the conduit off my usb hard drive using uniloader, when i go into the wii speak channel it works fine but not in the game?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you need to update the system or anything, but I was able to get a disc to load fine using NeoGamma and cIOS rev 13b. I would suspect that this would mean NeoGamma would run it from USB ok as well, but I haven't tested to know for sure.

I have a 3.2 U system, for what it's worth. And the game's update is 3.4 according to the wads I saw using wiiscrubber and wiibrew's information.

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii is on system 4.0. I am using uniloader, I am trying it now with NeoGamma. The game plays fine, just the wii speak doesn't work.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I updated my WiiSpeak Channel and system for The Conduit, and I don't think it works. It doesn't matter really, it's much better with it off. The lag can be overwhelming at times already, adding a bunch of pre-pubescent boys screaming doesn't help the signal.

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Speak won't add to the lag at all, the codec it uses for voice is so low it won't make a difference. Everything is updated I have wii speak 2.0 running and everything. Still doesn't work. I want to use it with a few buddies of mine spread out over the country rather then having to talk on teamspeak/ventrilo.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Original disc works great with Wii Speak. Its a must buy game
biggrin.gif

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow just what I was thinking.
smile.gif

(Has a flashback)
One year ago I was playing Halo 3 with my friend.
After we won 2 matches in a row (switching controllers) one person joined my team.
His strategy was:
1. Find the rocket launcher
2. Shoot at enemies while NOT MOVING!!!
3. Die
4. cuss
5. cuss more
6. lose with me having 20 kills 5 deaths and he had 4 kills 25 deaths...
7. blame loss on me cuss more and leave room....

Needless to say I lost AND lost my 16 killing spree from FRIENDLY FIRE!!!
Obviously he was 12 and his dad forced him to get off after he heard him yelling cusswords at me
smile.gif

Most kids who play halo either are horrible and cuss a lot or just cuss a lot for no reason. (about 1% are actually good/horrible without the cussing)....
(ends flashback)

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, I have tried playing it from a disc and also from usb hd, both with no result. Anyone care to join me for a friend game and we can try it? WIiman does urs work with only friends on public games too?

My friend ID for The Conduit is: 4597-7253-5576

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sznaps said:
Not sure, I have tried playing it from a disc and also from usb hd, both with no result. Anyone care to join me for a friend game and we can try it? WIiman does urs work with only friends on public games too?

My friend ID for The Conduit is: 4597-7253-5576
Mightn't you have to use a cIOS built from an IOS that is aware of WiiSpeak? The one from uLoader can be created in this way... (merge with IOS38, I think?)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think my wii speak has been working fine with it so far. During matches I can see the blue light go on on it at the times that it allows me to speak and a little icon in the bottom right saying whenever that changes. I think it seems to turn off like right after you die until you respawn again (maybe to not broadcast people cursing like madmen right after getting pwned by something stupid).

My friend that joined in my public matches said he was able to hear me as well (though it was pretty quiet, but I do speak pretty softly anyways.)

I'm running it through beardface's coverflow loader on rev12 and 4.0 FW through Waninkoko's updater.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem...I think I just need to reinstall IOS-38 from Animal Crossing: city Folk, if it works I'll get back to you guys
Btw I'm on 4.0u with rev9 and no usb (using disc) and have startpatch installed umm I also downgraded mostly all my IOS so I could use the Rebooter is GeckoOS191 by using some type of PatchMii
Edit: that didn't work, now downgrading back to revision 8 and see if that fixes it
Edit2: fixed the problem, rev9 is bad for wii speak
tongue.gif
there you go, just downgrade back to rev8

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah I think I've figured out why some people were saying it doesn't work. Wii speak SHOULD work fine with either rev12 or rev13, but I noticed after updating to rev13a that it didn't turn on anymore when I went in a random match.

Then I realized that the only reason it originally turned on in the first random room I was in was because a friend that I registered also was in the same room.

I believe Wii speak will only let you chat with people in the room that you have added on your friend list.

That being said I think rev13a works better than 12 with the conduit as rev12 seems to cause some really long freezing in wifi menu's, which isn't nearly as bad with rev13a.

Edit: And the problem with the above post is that rev8 won't work with usb loaders, rev9 and rev10 both make any other usb device besides the HDD you run games off of stop working so they shouldn't work ever.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Ah I think I've figured out why some people were saying it doesn't work. Wii speak SHOULD work fine with either rev12 or rev13, but I noticed after updating to rev13a that it didn't turn on anymore when I went in a random match.

Then I realized that the only reason it originally turned on in the first random room I was in was because a friend that I registered also was in the same room.

I believe Wii speak will only let you chat with people in the room that you have added on your friend list.

That being said I think rev13a works better than 12 with the conduit as rev12 seems to cause some really long freezing in wifi menu's, which isn't nearly as bad with rev13a.

Edit: And the problem with the above post is that rev8 won't work with usb loaders, rev9 and rev10 both make any other usb device besides the HDD you run games off of stop working so they shouldn't work ever.

Just a heads up, I posted this on another thread but thought I'd share here:

NTSC on NTSC
No Chip
USB Loader GX
cIOS 223 - 36 merged with 37
Works perfectly. No lag in any of the menus including entering the Friends menu. WiiSpeak works also.

chromemolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After installing 5000 Versions of cios's i understand now, that i can only use wii speak
if i added the friend codes? right? So the crossed mic has nothing to do with the not working
Wii Mic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: