OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
So I am using the Temp database and sometimes get new stuff on the forums over there if its not in the temp database area. My question:
Sometimes there are codes that don't appear to do anything. To double make sure, sometimes I'll run an emulator and use the same codes to see if they do actually do something and they usually do.
What I want to know is that is the R4 usrcheat.dat file the only file type it can take when using AKAIO or is there a better/alternative choice? Of course this could be just something as an issue under AKAIO since I'm currently using 1.6 RC2 and waiting for RC3 or stable to be released.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
zapoqx,
do you have an example of what you just said like a code that works on emulator but not on akaio.
I am pretty curious about that...
technically, this will only happen if the code is buggy!
furthermore, if you are taking random codes from the request forum of the cheat forum
please take note... lots of n00bs post their code there and some of them tend to fail...
smile.gif

i have been using usrcheat.dat and it never give me any problem
i think there isn't anything which is much better than usrcheat.dat
alternative?
.xml is slow and take ages / never load
.dat + encryption is basically the same but whats the point....

for cheat...
i have never encoutner any major issue since 1.5 to 1.6RC2
the only thing i don't like is the longer loading time for games that you have tons of codes (not that important)

zapoqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Well here is a code example (I normally don't use codes other than exp increase just cause I don't have as much time in my life to spend on games). This one is for Pokemon Heart Gold US version and is a code that works with an emulator, but not on AKAIO and is directly from the "temp" database.
Code:
94000130 FFF30000
B2111880 00000000
DA000000 000010E0
D3000000 00000000
D7000000 02000010
A2000010 FBFF0000
D4000000 0000FC00
B211187E 00000000
D7000000 000010E0
D2000000 00000000
Basically that one is Push Start+Select outside Professor Elm's place before choosing your starter. Choose the starter, after the dialouge, push Start+Select and then go to the starters to get another starter pokemon.
This worked in an emulator, but did not work on AKAIO. After asking assistance to be sure the code wasn't just botched or something, someone gave me an alternative for just Pushing select instead of Start+Select. Once again, it worked in the emulator, but not in AKAIO. (Changing the first line of the code to: 94000130 FFFB0000 )
But seeing as there are alot of codes in the database and as well as lots of codes in each Pokemon game, I figure its partially because of the amount of codes or that its one that AKAIO isn't reading properly because of how the code is setup.
But you could be right that the code fails cause it wasn't posted right.

And your right, This is something I haven't had an issue with before. Though I think there was one for Chrono Trigger while under the official gbatemp cheats that worked, but didn't work after I switched to the TEMP cheat database (I think it was involving the pet battle thing).

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
ah this code....
the other day we were just talking about it
it seems to me this is a little weird (last 5 lines)
well, just keep it in mind what works for emulator might not work on a flash cart
the emulator's cheat engine is rather different.... codes with wrong code type might work on emulator but not flash cart

anyway, if you could upload a .sav for me then maybe i could just fix this

chrono trigger? which code would that be?

EDIT: for your info.. i had never edit any CT codes on the DB..
EDIT2: take back my words on the buggy part

zapoqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll double check the CT one later on, I hadn't played in a while.
As for the .sav, I assume you want the .sav of the AKAIO. Let me send it off to you as a private message.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is really odd. The pokemon cheat worked for me (got it from the temp database as well) although when I used it, I just saved before I got the starter, grabbed a totodile and then after all of the talking, I pressed start+select and just clicked on the machine again.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i had understand how the code works and i will test it on the flash cart in a short while!
last time i tested on emulator and it didn't work and this time it works!!!
actually, the guy who wrote this code is pretty smart
smile.gif

EDIT: i just tested the code and it works on akaio ... are you using any other codes when you are using this code?

if that code still doesn't work for you then
try this version
Code:
94000130 FDF70000
B2111880 00000000
DA000000 000010E0
D3000000 00000000
D7000000 023C0C00
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FDFB0204
A23C0C00 FBFF0000
DA000000 023C0C00
D4000000 0000FC00
B2111880 00000000
D7000000 000010E0
D2000000 00000000
i rewrite the code a little
redirect it to somewhere else instead of 02000010 which might come in crashing course with other codes (can't remember any codes in the DB writes on 02000010

basically all you need to do is press START+L before you collect the pokemon
please keep in mind... it might have some side effect
smile.gif

i can't remember what .. its about the pokemon you recollect might be the same name as the first
make sure after you activate the code once you must collect a PKMN. Otherwise, it will remove your pokemon party tab

zapoqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm testing once again. Although one thing that has occured to me that I think I forgot to mention...
I am using an Acekard R.P.G so I don't know if that helps with narrowing down the problem (I know Warrioware D.I.Y. won't work on R.P.G. with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 (And RC1, it didn't wanna save)).
And Test checked, still not working. I'll edit this post in a bit. I'm gonna add in the code you put in.
EDIT:
Just tested with your code. Still not working on my end.
EDIT2:
I also Just tried doing it the way jurassicplayer did to see if maybe that was the trick, but because I didn't activate the code, the game froze after choosing the starter so I couldn't try it that way.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
different things parse cheats differently, on the actual AR some codes worked when in AKAIO, they didn't until I changed the cheat to work properly, luckily I used to make cheats so I know the hexidecimal codes mean. For example, the first line is called an activator, when means if will execute the code between where the activator is placed to d2000000 when a certain key is pressed.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
zapoqx said:
Well I'm testing once again. Although one thing that has occured to me that I think I forgot to mention...
I am using an Acekard R.P.G so I don't know if that helps with narrowing down the problem (I know Warrioware D.I.Y. won't work on R.P.G. with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 (And RC1, it didn't wanna save)).
And Test checked, still not working. I'll edit this post in a bit. I'm gonna add in the code you put in.
EDIT:
Just tested with your code. Still not working on my end.
EDIT2:
I also Just tried doing it the way jurassicplayer did to see if maybe that was the trick, but because I didn't activate the code, the game froze after choosing the starter so I couldn't try it that way.

how about other cheats for the game and other games
working ?

zapoqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
don't know about the other cheats on this game...
Pokemon Platinum's 2x exp looks like its working.
Peggle's 99 balls cheat doesn't seem to work anymore as well as the infinite super guide.
But that is all I could test earlier today.

I wonder if it really is RC2 just not working to well with my Acekard R.P.G.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmmmmm
can you do a quick test on pkmn hg/ss ... try the money code on the misc folder
see whether it works or not
smile.gif

if it doesn't then i think your cheats are not enabled
if cheats are enabled and still it doesn't work then i have no idea
frown.gif

zapoqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah ha! Well darn. That sucks. Oh well, I'm a patient person
smile.gif
I won't bother with patching the game for the cheat.
I guess I should have gone to normmatt, but it looked like Platinum's 2x exp thing was working, but I never wrote down what the exp values were for 1x so I could have easily been mistaken
tongue.gif
Heh go bugs
Well thanks for the assistance and thanks jak larnak for the post!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)