Hacking The BootMii Guide

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
Jeez people go nuts because i make ONE Mistake.

And guys, this is like my 6th Guide ive made so i know what im doing.
No you don't, your the same person who wrote a guide how to update to 4.00? Why the hell would anyone want (or need) to do this?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know what, fine just post your Ranting Posts, but your going to be wasting your time because ill be ignoring you.

Besides that 4.0 updte guide wasent a 1 way only guide, it was for people who wanted to use my way of updating.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy, dont stress the haters.... Thanks for trying to help people. You are looking to help and thats all that matters....

Last thing can this be installed as BOTH boot2, and an ios like one wont overwrite/overpower the other?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy, dont stress the haters.... Thanks for trying to help people. You are looking to help and thats all that matters....

Last thing can this be installed as BOTH boot2, and an ios like one wont overwrite/overpower the other?

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a horrible guide (and another horrible post...) from the creator of RestoreMii.

since he hasn't said it (yet)....the answer to the question "How Do I Recover My wii From a Brick?" should have been: if you want to be able to recover from a future "brick" you will first need to backup your NAND to an SD card. the backup WILL format your SD card. after this you can simply set that card aside OR copy the single file it creates to your computer and copy it back if/when the time comes that you will need it OR continue using the card by adding homebrew, etc. back to it.

next, the answer to the question "How Do I Remove Bootmii from always coming up when i start my wii?" should also state that editing the bootmii.ini to autoboot something else (systemmenu, hbc) is also an option.

this information comes from reading a thread for 5 minutes rather than rushing to be the first to make a crappy guide....VIDBOY give up

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TrickyTony said:

Thanks for the support mate, but i dont knoe if you can install boot2 as a wad. I think if a Ninty Copyrighted file so i think i cant post it.

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bloodliketheatlantic said:
this information comes from reading a thread for 5 minutes the README rather than rushing to be the first to make a crappy guide....VIDBOY give up
Fixed

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Honestly couldn´t you wait for the final release before writing a Guide for a not finished product or do you wanted to be the first
tongue.gif

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like others have said, this thread is full of fail.

QUOTE said:
We really don’t want to see epic threads with “tips” on installing — this thing is supposed to be self-explanatory, and if it won’t install for you, that’s a bug we need to fix.

You didn't even bother reading the BootMii post before quickly posting this lame thread.

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
like team twiizers said, if you dont know what this stuff is and can't use the readme to get it working, then you probably shouldnt be using it or any wads for that matter

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kongsnutz said:
nIxx -

Since they released it people will want to know how to use it......it makes sense to make a guide since some people won't get how to use it.

i have also made a guide, for people who want it.

http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4...&p=648#p648

I really like your guides but what DPyro and joshed wrote is exactly what i was meaning.
And come on reading a README isn´t difficult at all.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Main Menu
bootmii.png

From the README:
"III. SD Menu

We have included a simple launcher for PPC ELF files on the SD card. Please note that any
binary that gets loaded will be running under mini, not under IOS. libogc binaries will
not run; we are investigating options for a future release."

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't see the guide.. xD.. i only see a FAQ..

a lot of errors here..

Question 1: i hope this one is a joke.. because if it's not.. then YOU are the joke :S..

Question 2: it does NOT replace BOOT2.. it installs a loader, that either loads the bootmii code from SD or loads the boot2

Also it can be installed as an IOS

Question 3: Also if you installed it as an IOS, you can run it from the Homebrew Channel (v1.0.2 and above)

Question 4: is OK i guess..

Question 5: also you can rename the 'bootmii' folder.. if bootmii doesn't find the files.. it won't load

Question 6: (recover from a brick)
you need to be more specific.. you can't just recover without backing up first.. OK!!..
so people need to know that AFTER installing bootmii you should immediately backup your NAND
also after you succesfully update the firmware it's a good idea to dump the nand again.. (better safe than sorry)

also it's not FALLOW.. it's follow xD...

===================================

and to everyone.. PLEASE RTFM

http://bootmii.org/about/

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Bootmii

http://hackmii.com/2009/05/bootmii_beta_1/

the README file on the zip package...

c'mon please READ THE FM... xD...

so sad..

thread FAIL..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works