Gaming The Black Screen and Evil miscommunication (NES/SNES wads)

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im going out on a limb posting this.

Ive googled and tried about every single solution anyone has offered

Yes I get a black screen when using NES or SNES wad titles

I do not get a black screen for Sega and N64.

I do have IOS 38, 53,55 aand 50

i have tried that its my video mode, Im using the orginal wii cables that are AV cables (means yellow(vdeo) red white audio stereo) Im on 480i and its impossible for me to change to 480p since its not supported without the cables you could essentially buy.

I have tried accessing the menu on the black screen since others have said there were ways for example to push the Home button and others said Z A BB A or something. Ive been through there.

Ive installed the NES/SNES with IOS 249, they are NTCS north america, Im in canada.

My system Menu is 3.4u (The only thing I havent done is upgrade the wii to 4.xx), and i dont want to , ive had no problems playing any of my backups and IM really enjoying the wii at the moment.

The last two nights, Ive spent, looking for answers on google to find someone elses mistake or why it didnt work, or why it wont. So Id like to save myself the time by not looking and just giving out the details.

Yes its not the wads, since I have N64, Sega genesis working. Its not the region Im aware of Freethewads and have it. Its not the wads i have downloaded I have up to 30 VC snes / nes games, and yes from different sources not all in one package. So its not this area.

IOS's on my system are good and healthy / everything seems right.

Futhuremore, I have no idea why I just dont give up on the SNES/NES wads, I just cant stand them not working and will go to any lengths to fix this, and I may then not even play them. But I have to know where I buggered up or why Im not able to do this.

Thank you for reading

Awaiting veterans and intelligent life

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
I'm going to +1 on fishaman's reply. I understand the principle of getting those wads to work, but seriously...try Tantric's snes9x or FCE ultra GX...I'll garantee you you won't be missing anything from those wads.

in FCE the sound is weird and games like super mario bros 3 are way too fast

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do appericate the e
However let me explain, I have 38, 50 ,55, 53 and any others all done properly.

Emulator someone said above? Yeah i was able to run Nes emulators/snes whatever on my tandy about 15 years ago. So what Im really interested in, is Nintendo's emulation of their NES / SNES games, because I would assume its done properly and you can hardly tell a different, I have a sample pac of NES/SNES games from SSBB.

Nesticle was great on the PC, and even better via laptop to S-Video on a big screen, same with Mame, I loved Rolling Thunder, Double Dragon, 1942, PoW, etc.. These are my time games

So getting to know where I am at, I'd like to get someone who can answer my question that i wrote above, its a problem Ive searched via google and Im getting the wrong answers. I do realize the IOS's, and they are up to date , there not lies the problem.

And again I understand emulators are cool, been there done that, used a nintendo NES console and built a 486dx that emulated the games using laptop parts.

Come on, Im looking for the big cheese around here, who can Help

To me Virtual Console would be the true emulator I want it to go..

Love you all

Thank you

Rossy

and Britney Skye and Queeny Love roc

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I only tried double dragon II on FCEU GX, but as far as I can tell, it was exactly the same as how I remembered it on the NES (of course the sound was weird...8-bit games weren't known for their incredible audio experience). Keep in mind: the emulators I mentioned aren't pc emulators...they're homebrew proggies that can be run from the wii's homebrew channel.

But anyway...considering you want to do things the hard way: the only reasons I can think of that they blackscreen is either not having the correct IOS, or that they're from a different region.

Here's my suggestion: download and install showmiiwads, and check the region and which IOS they use*.
Then, use dop-mii to check on the version of those IOS'es.

But if that doesn't help, I can't really add anything more. Sorry.
unsure.gif

*sorry if you already done this

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Try to boot the games with TriiForce, normal and apploader boot method
2. Get to know which IOS is used by the games, use some wad tool to extract the wad and look at the ticket and/or tmd with WiiPartitionBinChanger from the WiiScrbber package. And then of course check if you have that IOS installed.

I know an emulator has some nice advantages over TriiForce, but if you just want to play and use nintendo's emulator. i recommend using TriiForce.

PS: TriiForce plays VC/WiiWare from real nand! I think most people think it's a nand emu or something.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, I am getting places now the Triforce was a good suggestion. I think the best way to understand nes or snes vc or by that matter the wii, is to understand it, take the time, know what ios's actually are, etc.

And Double Dragon II for NES, yes I remember that, 2 of us would play it on the first level afte ryou beat the helicopter guy, and You and a buddy can find eachother unlimited, was like the closest thing back then to Street Fighter . Theres an option i think for friendly fire on or off, i think its Double Dragon 1P, 2P, 1P Friendly, 2P friendly theres 4 options. I spent way too much time with that.

To best say my favourite game , is Dragon Warrior, but I got the opportunity to play 1 and 2 on the gameboy SP, and again Dragon Warrior 3 for GC on the SP. Its probably the best game Ive run into ever, besides Super Mario 3, Ive got some plush collection of all the slimes and rare monsters all around the sides on my computer. My Finance thinks its cute. Dragon Quest 8 PS/2 was by far the best, and was the Number 1 selling game of all time in Japan at the time, but I think Mario Galaxy or Wii Play now own that title.

So anyone play Tatsomethingkikiashzoo vs CAPCOM ? , for the wii. I think its display and presentation are bout the best. However online, theres like people who sleep and breath the game, and I get my ass kicked consistnatly I'd like to play someone kinda like me who played the arcade machine a lot, but hasnt spent the last 3 months getting a doctorette.

So I was wondering if there were any other Street Fighter / Capcom fighting releases (with ryu or whoever) for the wii or for the gamecube since I dont believe its too much of a graphics intensive game.

Lemme know and thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-