Hacking the best Wii mod-chip?

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you guys crazy recommending the wiikey teams products? Look at the track record they have dropping support for their products. Example, the Wiikey v1 runs backups at 3x instead of x6 so you may as well use the gamma loader instead. They will never release a fix for this (again - no support). They release a new chip every few months and drop all support for previous models.

Also, their latest product (wiikey 2) has problems with some consoles where you can't eject disks and need to power on/off.

Go with Wasabi zero imho or read the chip forums on www.wiinewz.com and make you own *informed* decision.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Best mod chip is no mod chip
smile.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocco Savadgie said:
Are you guys crazy recommending the wiikey teams products? Look at the track record they have dropping support for their products. Example, the Wiikey v1 runs backups at 3x instead of x6 so you may as well use the gamma loader instead. They will never release a fix for this (again - no support). They release a new chip every few months and drop all support for previous models.

Also, their latest product (wiikey 2) has problems with some consoles where you can't eject disks and need to power on/off.

Go with Wasabi zero imho or read the chip forums on www.wiinewz.com and make you own *informed* decision.

last time i checked, they havent dropped d2pro or d2lite. last major update to all of them were on or around the same date.
ozmodchips said to me that the coder for the original wiikey went awol and thats why they have not had an update recently.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See ? You guys confused me.. Dont buy Wiikey2.. Use Wasabi zero.. Oh boy. Which one? I only want homebrew and play backup dvd-r games for Wii and GC. LOL!

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RockmanForte said:
See ? You guys confused me.. Dont buy Wiikey2.. Use Wasabi zero.. Oh boy. Which one? I only want homebrew and play backup dvd-r games for Wii and GC. LOL!

If you want to do these things, why won't you softmod?
with the softmii package including the Cmios(for gcn games) you will have it all, only price you pay is a little slower loading times witch arn't even that noticable in most games

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BMasterP said:
RockmanForte said:

If you want to do these things, why won't you softmod?
with the softmii package including the Cmios(for gcn games) you will have it all, only price you pay is a little slower loading times witch arn't even that noticable in most games
Because I'd rather pay a little extra and make my Playing-Wii-Games a for sure thing instead of having to rely on IOS, firmware, media format etc?

eye dee kay, it's just a thought.

~Steph

D

Deleted User

Yay Steph for finally moving onto the Modchip+Softmod era.

Wiikey 2 is the best, I think.

What I aim on a chip is:
1)It works
2)6x Speed, else, I'll use Backup Loader
3)It autoboots discs

OPTIONAL
1)002 Fix (Though that is resolved by using Gecko OS 002 Fixed Channel!)

And yea, although my chip is yet to be discovered (Got it Pre-soldered! Don't blame me!), it works fine.

jhardluck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just opened our new Wii trying to verify which is the best chip and clip for my system. I have a GC2-D2E with the new metal clip(with number 2 on it) on the back of the drive. The 4 chips that seem to be the most popular are D2Pro9 V3, Wasabi Zero, Wiikey2, and D2Sun v.1.5 with on/off switch or Version 3. I have heard that several have some issues with the eject function. I also wanted some suggestions of the best place to get the chip presoldered to the wiiclip. I was thinking of ordering from modchipcentral.com. I am in the U.S.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my D2Pro wiiclip in today, haven't installed it yet. it came with a small wire patch, not sure what that is for, it didn't come with instruction on that.

pack21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello ppl,

I have a DSi and i'am pleasure for that.......now i will love to buy a WII, please help me, there are many topics...and i dont now the updates news!!

At this moment, May

1-whats the very best chip for Wii european model ?
2- What ,carefull i have to take in the Wii buy? model, fw, etc..
3- To take homebrew, what hardware i must to buy?

for now, i must know what chip (europe region) is the best to run all homebrew in wii.

btw, is easy to install a chip in motherboard? or i must be a master mind in computers?

Thanks by advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah who am i kidding? we all know he lives in north korea