The best flash cart for NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jandy999, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

The best flash cart for NDS by jandy999 at 8:48 AM (1,931 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. jandy999
    OP

Newcomer jandy999 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, [​IMG]

I was wondering what was the best flash cart available. I've read all the GBAtemp reviews, but haven't really decided. I'm tossing between CycloDS or Acekard 2.1. Doesn't anyone own both of them? And if so (you don't have to) which one is better, putting into account the price of the carts and their functions.

What do you think is the best flash cart for Nintendo DS?

Thanks.
    -Jandy999

2. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    Buy one or the other, you can't fail...

3. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    I was choosing between the two cards about a month ago. I went for The Acekard2.1 for the Wii connectivty

4. xeronut

Newcomer xeronut Advanced Member

United States
    I've had no problems with the Acekard, and my friend has had no problem with her Cyclo. Either way you're probably going to be satisfied.. but I also side with the Acekard for the Wii goodness.

5. Hazzattack

Newcomer Hazzattack Newbie

Australia
    I have a TTDS (DSTT , Top Toy DS ) and it is great.

It has drag and drop for games and you can use wireless, DS Download play, Nintendo Wi-FI, and you can play with people who don't have a TTDS

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Putting price into account, go with the AceKard 2.1

You can buy it from here for example:

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/produc...products_id=218

I've been a customer of them for a long time, and have bought several things with them. All those products were working perfectly and still work perfectly.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    cyclos is better its the same but doesnt rely on an unofficial firmwrea for fast updates and it had wii connectivity from the very starting
    but acekard 2 is great too
    i own both and keeep switching between em

8. jandy999
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have a DSTT and I think it is not as good as the Cyclo or the Acekard2.1.
    DSTT only has 1 menu and can only view the .nds files, which is quite a pain.

So, I'm now getting a second flashcart, the AceKard v2.1, because it has an awesome menu and can browse folders. it also has download play support, which the DSTT lacks and most download plays don't work. The DSTT's do have good functions like the Action Replay when you don't need to 'rebuild', etc, etc.

The CycloDS' look really good, but it's out of my price range, so AceKard v2.1 is my decision. Not too dear, and alot of functions, I think it'll be an awesoem flashcart for me.

I know this is off topic, but for those who own a DSTT an dusing a 2GB Sandisk...when you upload games and hombrew onto your Sandisk, does it sometimes (Now almost everytime for me) create a folder with PEN....and 1039473875 files? It looks like a weird virus or something, but my cimputer runs perfectly, no viruses. The files created automatically are ranged from about 1.2GB to today...a gigantic 16.6TB!!!! Can anyone fix this? I have to Format so many times it's such a waste of time.

That's one of the reasons i'm getting an AceKard v2.1 and a new SD card [​IMG]

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated [​IMG] thanks.

- Jandy999

PS. If you could help resolve my other problem on cheats on AceKard v2.1, please post here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186228

9. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    but you should search for moonshell 2 ysmenu rom loading with dstt it give a better menu whihc is fast has folders looks better plays more games can play music and videos directly without moonshell

10. jandy999
    OP

United States
    Yeah...I've got YSMenu, but I just think AceKard 2 is better.

11. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    it IS better

12. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    ...and a dead support team. TTDS is the new R4.

13. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    I'm pretty happy with my new EZ-Flash Vi. Beats the crap out of my old R4.

14. sgwiiboy

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have both and my personal preference is the Cyclo. That said, I always suggest the Acekard. It's easier to get hold of and IMO is the best value FC on the market at present.

15. nr4irts

Newcomer nr4irts Member

United States
    lots of people have such confusion,and there are some similar topics.

16. badchilli

Newcomer badchilli Member

United States
    I don't own an CycloDS, but I've owned 2 other flashcarts (G6 Lite, R4) and I just bought an Acekard 2i after much research. I'm really impressed with it.

I didn't think I cared about a nice looking GUI after using YSMenu for so long, but man, it makes a difference. The icons are great to quickly find your game and the fast scrolling is really handy. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but if you're using a 8GB with a ton of games on it, you'll want to scroll fast.

I'm also really impressed with the AKAIO support. They release new loaders fairly quickly. I was also happy to see that AKAIO supported the 3in1 expansion so I can play GBA games. So the Acekard/AKAIO community is way better than any flash cart I've own, although I hear the Cyclo community/support is very good too.

If money isn't an issue, I'd say CycloDS is one to get, but for it's price Acekard is really nice. I spent 3 to 5 times the price on my other flashcarts (the R4 was often sold out 3 years ago so I had to pay a premium to find one and the G6 lite was pricey but I wanted GBA ability too), and this one is the best I've owned so far.

17. jandy999
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] Yeah, I've got an R4 and DSTT. The only thing i hate bout R4 is the cheats restriction!!! But mehh, no need to complain now, cuz I just ordered my Acekard 2.1 from Ozmodchips.com!
    Can't wait for it to come! REALLY EXCITED!

Jandy999

18. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    I collect FlashCarts and I would say Acekard2. It has good performance but it lacks these features such as Real Time Guide, Real Time Save and Slow Motion. I know you never mentioned it but I think Supercard DSOne v3 is my favourite but it has a slower-than-others browser.

19. jandy999
    OP

United States
    I've never even considered an SCone but now i just received my acekard 2 and it's AWESOME!!!

20. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Update the Acekard2i before Updating DSi.