Gaming The Another World will use a new 4gb game cart!

Pliskron

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to buy Ghibli and Level 5's Ninokuni: The Another World. Supposedly it's hitting the maket here this spring. What really caught my interest was the new 4gb game cart they're useing. I'm hoping for more 4gb games to come.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
........4GB gamecart..........
blink.gif
ohmy.gif
wtf.gif
hate2.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game cartridges are measured in (mega/giga)bits rather than (mega/giga)bytes so it's only 512 megabytes. Still, it's big for a DS game. And now that I come to think of it, a massive amount of Ghibli cutscenes might not be a bad thing at all.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this Another World game? Not that old Delphine game is it? Something new?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my bad -_- that completely slipped my mind I associate GB or Gb with gigabytes and not bits. but till 512mb is still huge I'll still have to find another SD around my room XD my 8GB card is full up.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
I can't wait to buy Ghibli and Level 5's Ninokuni: The Another World. Supposedly it's hitting the maket here this spring. What really caught my interest was the new 4gb game cart they're useing. I'm hoping for more 4gb games to come.

I hope you can read Japanese because this game is text heavy.

ninokuni15.jpg
ninokuni16.jpg
ninokuni18.jpg
ninokuni17.jpg

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CyrusBlue said:
Pliskron said:

I hope you can read Japanese because this game is text heavy.

ninokuni15.jpg
ninokuni16.jpg
ninokuni18.jpg
ninokuni17.jpg

oh snap the game looks amazing =D cool hope its released outside of japan (and in english XD)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe this was confirmed (or at least speculated) when the game was announced, still it's a huge precedent, though I doubt any other game will be this large in size.
I very much enjoyed the Professor Layton games and I love RPGs, so hopefully this game will be released in the States as well.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is old news. I actually had a go with the demo that Level 5 sent to previewers. The demo was dumped as "Level 5 Platinum demo" or something. It has a couple of other games on there too. The demo was 256MB in size. The game is looking very promising, despite having pretty standard RPG turn based gameplay. You can find it online if you look hard enough, it's an XXXX release. If nothing else, the game is absolutely gorgeous, oozing with style. Has a lot of full motion video cutscenes in traditional animation worthy of Studio Ghibli. What isn't animated is rendered ingame, which is still gorgeous, boasting lush hand drawn environments. The characters are surprisingly high-polygon cel shaded 3D models. They look spectacular and are animated with much attention to detail. The animation is very realistic and doesn't look artificial like most other 3D DS games. I can't think of a single 3D DS game that animates as beautifully.

The soundtrack is equally gorgeous, it's streaming and sounds to be fully orchestrated. There's a ton of voice acting too, about 85% of the demo was fully voiced..

This game looks like a winner. Production values are through the roof, you can tell a lot of heart went into it. It's gorgeous and charming, the story should be magical too. All that waits to be seen is the gameplay. From what i've played, it's standard turn based fare, solid as a rock though. You run around environments, run into random battles, give commands, win, rinse and repeat. And of course, there's treasure to collect and more characters to use. There's some stylus mechanics too, where you draw on the screen. I came across two ways to use this in the demo. The first way was to enter the other magical world (which is like an alternate magic dimension of the real world), and another design you draw seems to summon another battle partner, who looks like his head is made of a horned pumpkin.
tongue.gif

Looking forward to this, one step closer to cartridge games reaching CD-sizes. And with modern day compression, they can do a lot with 512MB. Lets pray it comes to the US. Surely it will though...

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the game looks good but i don't think this will be released in USA. start translating people

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Oh my god!!! I watched the trailer.. It is epic, awesome!!! The graphic. The music. Awesome.. I think the story not bad too
tongue.gif
Cant wait for it!

zeromac said:
Am i the only one who thought of our mag staffer 'Another World' when they saw the topic?
LOL I thought this thread was created by Another World and telling that he will use a 4gb gamecart/memory card. Then first thing came out from my brain was :" What the hell? Why do he posted this thread here? It supposed to be in blog or any Edge of The Forum" LOL

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holy CRAP, for a second I was thinking how a DS game could possibly be 4gb O___O

This game looks absolutely amazing... Something I would love playing, since I love games with good stories and STUDIO GHIBLI
smile.gif

But if it's not even released in Japanese yet, I'm not gonna wait up for an english release any time soon... So sad
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL