The Another World will use a new 4gb game cart!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Pliskron, Feb 22, 2010.

Feb 22, 2010
  1. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I can't wait to buy Ghibli and Level 5's Ninokuni: The Another World. Supposedly it's hitting the maket here this spring. What really caught my interest was the new 4gb game cart they're useing. I'm hoping for more 4gb games to come.

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    You realise it will mostly be used by video cutscenes and voice acting rather than extra gameplay?

3. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    ........4GB gamecart.......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LegendarySkitch

Newcomer LegendarySkitch Advanced Member

United States
    You know that's gigabits not gigabytes...it's really only 512MB

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Game cartridges are measured in (mega/giga)bits rather than (mega/giga)bytes so it's only 512 megabytes. Still, it's big for a DS game. And now that I come to think of it, a massive amount of Ghibli cutscenes might not be a bad thing at all.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    What is this Another World game? Not that old Delphine game is it? Something new?

7. DarkWay

United Kingdom
    my bad -_- that completely slipped my mind I associate GB or Gb with gigabytes and not bits. but till 512mb is still huge I'll still have to find another SD around my room XD my 8GB card is full up.

8. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    its a game made by Level-5(professor layton) and Studio Ghibli it was on that Level-5 Platinum Demo thats in the XXXX releases.

9. CyrusBlue

Member CyrusBlue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hope you can read Japanese because this game is text heavy.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Dammit, you got there before me [​IMG][​IMG]

For future reference:

Gb: gigabits
    GB/gB: gigabytes

11. DarkWay

United Kingdom

oh snap the game looks amazing =D cool hope its released outside of japan (and in english XD)

12. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I believe this was confirmed (or at least speculated) when the game was announced, still it's a huge precedent, though I doubt any other game will be this large in size.
    I very much enjoyed the Professor Layton games and I love RPGs, so hopefully this game will be released in the States as well.

13. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Yeah, this is old news. I actually had a go with the demo that Level 5 sent to previewers. The demo was dumped as "Level 5 Platinum demo" or something. It has a couple of other games on there too. The demo was 256MB in size. The game is looking very promising, despite having pretty standard RPG turn based gameplay. You can find it online if you look hard enough, it's an XXXX release. If nothing else, the game is absolutely gorgeous, oozing with style. Has a lot of full motion video cutscenes in traditional animation worthy of Studio Ghibli. What isn't animated is rendered ingame, which is still gorgeous, boasting lush hand drawn environments. The characters are surprisingly high-polygon cel shaded 3D models. They look spectacular and are animated with much attention to detail. The animation is very realistic and doesn't look artificial like most other 3D DS games. I can't think of a single 3D DS game that animates as beautifully.

The soundtrack is equally gorgeous, it's streaming and sounds to be fully orchestrated. There's a ton of voice acting too, about 85% of the demo was fully voiced..

This game looks like a winner. Production values are through the roof, you can tell a lot of heart went into it. It's gorgeous and charming, the story should be magical too. All that waits to be seen is the gameplay. From what i've played, it's standard turn based fare, solid as a rock though. You run around environments, run into random battles, give commands, win, rinse and repeat. And of course, there's treasure to collect and more characters to use. There's some stylus mechanics too, where you draw on the screen. I came across two ways to use this in the demo. The first way was to enter the other magical world (which is like an alternate magic dimension of the real world), and another design you draw seems to summon another battle partner, who looks like his head is made of a horned pumpkin. [​IMG]

Looking forward to this, one step closer to cartridge games reaching CD-sizes. And with modern day compression, they can do a lot with 512MB. Lets pray it comes to the US. Surely it will though...

14. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    [​IMG] Now that is huge! Anyways it does look good but I can't read Japanese. [​IMG]

15. don_eno

Member don_eno GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    the game looks good but i don't think this will be released in USA. start translating people

16. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Am i the only one who thought of our mag staffer 'Another World' when they saw the topic?

17. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    and don't forget his name is also based on a game called Another World.

18. ericling

Member ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Oh my god!!! I watched the trailer.. It is epic, awesome!!! The graphic. The music. Awesome.. I think the story not bad too [​IMG] Cant wait for it!

LOL I thought this thread was created by Another World and telling that he will use a 4gb gamecart/memory card. Then first thing came out from my brain was :" What the hell? Why do he posted this thread here? It supposed to be in blog or any Edge of The Forum" LOL

19. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Holy CRAP, for a second I was thinking how a DS game could possibly be 4gb O___O

This game looks absolutely amazing... Something I would love playing, since I love games with good stories and STUDIO GHIBLI [​IMG]

But if it's not even released in Japanese yet, I'm not gonna wait up for an english release any time soon... So sad [​IMG]

20. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    Game looks great, I've never seen such grpahics on DS before.. But.. The game looks childish, is that right?