The 3DS scene is peaking right now!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SLiV3R, Jun 14, 2015.

1. SLiV3R
    OP

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    The 3ds scene has its peak/prime time right now! With Pasta, RXTools and GBA injection! The 3ds scene has around 2 years left. So perhaps we will see some more cool things happening.. Fullspeed NEO GEO emulator? DSi injection?

What are your thoughts? Will the 3DS scene slow down now? Or are there 2 intensive years left?

Margen67 likes this.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    *still requires gateway*

3. Fatalanus

Fatalanus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Romania
    Genesis emulator (don't fuck with me I'm sure it's possible :evil:), and obviously a solution ( I bet on Pasta) that will fight at equal weapons with GW's one.

SLiV3R likes this.
  4. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    playing legacy consoles on a portable device is not progress, that has been done over on many devices, the only progress imo is when the 3ds is fully wide open and anyone can hack a 3ds without overly expensive carts (cubic ninja) and drm like geteway, but that is a long way away.

AlbertoSONIC, Elrinth and Costello like this.
  5. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    Tough call. I'm guessing it's gonna collapse on itself, the leading groups not sharing anything at all anymore in disappointment over piracy for the masses.

jalaneme, Zidapi and SLiV3R like this.
  6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    It depends what you consider to be the 'peak', but I think we've probably already seen the peak.

There was a spike in homebrew development when Ninjhax was released, but this seems to have petered out with much less active homebrew being developed. There are a handful of projects right now which are all interesting, but the nature of running homebrew on the 3DS makes it difficult to attract new homebrew developers. Requiring specific firmware versions, obscure games and/or expensive flashcarts means that many potential homebrew developers are probably eyeing formats with larger userbases.

This isn't helped by the fact that it is only going to become harder to obtain homebrew-capable 3DS hardware (i.e. 9.2 or below). An awful lot of stuff that could be used to open up the 3DS more isn't publically available due to concerns about piracy. Understandable concerns, but somewhat ironically driving people towards the Gateway flashcarts that they hate so much. The only other option is Cubic Ninja, which is roughly the same price of the aforementioned flashcart.

The Wii scene is actually more active at the moment, to be honest. I'd love to see the 3DS scene take off, but it's not easily accessible to new developers and that will continue to cripple the scene.

SLiV3R, Suiginou and Flame like this.
  7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    im waiting on the vita native side of things, dat oled doe!

jalaneme and Shadowtrance like this.
  8. Sizednochi

Sizednochi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    If you mean the piracy scene then yeah.

lPolarisl, Zidapi and Margen67 like this.
  9. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    I don't think we'll see any new exploits for a long while with the elitists pissed off about the leak of a software piracy solution. I would like to see a 3d media player/video streamer.
    I lost it at 'petered'

Last edited by WeedZ, Jun 14, 2015
    Margen67 likes this.
  10. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    when we have the use of the 3D better than nintendo, than thats the peak... if not.. than we never that a peak in the 1st place.

if pirating is the peak. that console is on life line.

Zidapi, Margen67 and WeedZ like this.
  11. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    New York City
    3ds homebrew died a long time ago and this has nothing to do with Pasta, rxtools+ ...

12. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    I would have liked to see 3d emulators. Ever since the 3ds was released I was sure this would eventually happen.

13. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    If we're talking about piracy. It has peaked. For homebrew? It changed nothing....

SLiV3R likes this.
  14. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Yeah I'm curious what the psm stuff is all about, don't think I'll be updating my 3.18 vita for it though (if you need to, gotta love vague details).
    Maybe it'll work on pstv too so i have another option at least. haha
    My vita/pstv are getting a little dusty atm. :(

15. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006

I forgot about Genesis injection! If that happens it will be as big as gba injection :)

16. Shadowtrance

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Speaking of that. Has anyone figured out or shared a way to do it yet?
    Would be cool. Although i wouldn't mind an SMS emulator on my 3ds too. haha ALEX KID! :D

SLiV3R likes this.
  17. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    People are saying that they can inject genesis ROMs. But noone has written a guide/program or something like that how to inject genesis games. In the general injection thread by gamequest1 there is a post/link by Normmatt that can be used for genesis injection. Perhaps a task for you Shadowtrance? I know you are skilled with similar things :)

18. Shadowtrance

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    I wouldn't say I'm skilled. haha I just mess with shit and hope for the best until it does what i want it to most of the time. lol

josamilu, gamesquest1 and SLiV3R like this.
  19. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Seems like you need an older (<9.2) firmware to enjoy all the benefits. Flash carts that work on new firmwares still have too many limitations.
    Once we get a solution for all firmwares without needing to buy anything, that will be the peak.

jalaneme and Tomato Hentai like this.
  20. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    For SMS you could use either SMSADVANCE by FLUBBA or DRSMS by Reesy. Both are fantastic SMS emulators for the gba :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Stoned likes this.