Gaming The “I want the Switch to be able to...”

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo should stop faking new features and bring out real new features.

All features the switch got are the same the 3ds got with updates in the past.

A media player is an important feature all tablets has but not the switch.

Gamecube as VC would be new and very cool, I like to play Mario sunshine on the switch. When the switch is hacked I could do what I'm planing to do since years...play need for speed understand 2 on a probable console (VC injection) (GC VC is required for that)

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Play external media, like downloaded Twitch streams, anime, manga, music etc.
Play online games with NAT Type D connection (though this is more of the game issue).
Stream gameplay to PC without the need of capture card.
Record video for more than 30 seconds, or at least able to record a full Splatoon match.
Let me make, download and use custom themes, or at least have more than these 2 basic black and white themes.

Now that I've realized it, I want the Switch to do a lot more, but...meh. These will do for me at least.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
...actually get an animal crossing game.

That's the only reason I would buy switch.
Both the GameCube AND the Wii had N64 graphics and polygons. Hopefully a Switch version would actually run HD textures instead of the blurry mess I'm used to seeing.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by aykay55,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you buy a USB(C) Bluetooth Transmitter you can use them. Just pair your headphones to it and BAM! Bluetooth.
Yeah, I know. But I don't want to add cumbersome add-ons when the console already has a BT chip inside.
Specially because those attachments are annoying and protrude, they make the console harder to carry inside a case unless you unplug them all the time, and also you might have to unplug them to dock it. It is a PITA.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. But I don't want to add cumbersome add-ons when the console already has a BT chip inside.
Specially because those attachments are annoying and protrude, they make the console harder to carry inside a case unless you unplug them all the time, and also you might have to unplug them to dock it. It is a PITA.
It's your best bet as of right now. They're very slim, I don't see why you can't fit it into the case without unplugging. Also, I don't see why you'd have to unplug it from the dock, just drop it in and it immediately 'switch'es the audio to your HPs.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's your best bet as of right now. They're very slim, I don't see why you can't fit it into the case without unplugging. Also, I don't see why you'd have to unplug it from the dock, just drop it in and it immediately 'switch'es the audio to your HPs.
I mean, I want to use this portable, together with my BT headphones.

If I have something plugged in the USB-C in portable mode, well, I -have- to unplug it to put the console in the dock, otherwise it is impossible for the USB-C connector in the dock to connect to the console.

Also, I haven't seen USB-C bluetooth emitting sound cards available, and if I use one of the dongles that connect to the headphone jack, I have to charge it all the time (and also they protrude enough to make my Switch not fit in my case anymore).

PS: But still, perhaps I will go for some kind of dongle if they don't come up with a solution in the future.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD